Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Don't forget fenfen it's almost criminal to keep those songs locked away for so long after teasing us with them, seriously pumped for some new Team Sleep hopefully they'll stay around more this time around Chino seems to have gotten alot better at balancing all his projects, I think it has to do with what I saw him say in an interview, he said he used to play video games and sit around drinking and doing drugs but now in his spare time he just wants to make music, he still drinks obviously but he said gets a satisfaction from doing something more productive with his time he said he never gets tired of it even if he's been in the studio for weeks he said he will still spend his time off making music at home, it's pretty cool he's still that passionate about it at this stage of his career alot of people in his position have lost.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Deadradio on Aug 01, 2014, 09:43 PM
Anyone know the names of the movies TS uses when they play live? They look very vintage and cool.
I'd like to know this aswell I don't really watch old movies but i like the idea of using this an inspiration when writing like Crosses do, would be cool to try putting them on in the background and seeing what they inspire

elite54

I want to hear Zach vs Crook on an album.

Vesanic

I just am not sure I want to see that happen. Chino is just too different now. Songs like Death By Plane, FenFen, King Diamond and so on won't happen anymore, it would require some dirt, and we all know how Chino is when it comes to that now. Clear singing, distinct melodies, etc. We might hear some great instrumentals at best, but even then Chino's compositions have changed too and I would assume his influence on the other guys is big, but that's just assuming.

I just hope he doesn't do in Team Sleep what he does in Crosses and Palms. But he just might.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah but those songs will still remain them creating new material can't change that worst case scenario is the songs are bad we stick with what we've got already, I'd  rather there be a chance of them making something good than nothing at all, even if only one good song comes out of it it's one more than we had before just like all other music we can just take it or leave there's no real consequence from either outcome.

On the vocal style i get your what your saying but I think Team Sleep may bring something different out of him, he writes to the music and Crosses and Palms sort of lend to that cleaner more poppy vocal sound maybe the grittier lo-fi instrumentals from Team Sleep will inspire him in a grittier way, only time will tell though, I'm a huge fan of the instrumental demos anyway have probably listened to them more than the vocal songs so if that's all that comes out of it I'm still happy.

luisch

Team Sleep [the complete collection]

Live

2001-12-18 - The Cactus club, San Jose, CA, USA
Download

2005-03-04 - Trabendo, Paris, France
Download

2005-05-27 - The Trocadero, Philadelphia, PN, USA
Download

2005-06-25 - Dimple Records, Sacramento, CA, USA
Download

2005-07-21 - Bluebird Theatre, Denver, CO, USA
Download

2005-07-24 - Easy Street Records, Seattle, WA, USA
Download

2005-07-27 - El Rey, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Download

Demos

2001 - Broyhill Demos
Download

2001 - Off the Record
Download

2003 - demos.rar
Download

2005 - Demos.rar
Download

2006 - Demos.rar
Download

2007 - Demos.rar
Download

Ever (Foreign Flag) Steam
Download
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Deadradio

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 02, 2014, 05:16 AM
Anyone know the names of the movies TS uses when they play live? They look very vintage and cool.
I'd like to know this aswell I don't really watch old movies but i like the idea of using this an inspiration when writing like Crosses do, would be cool to try putting them on in the background and seeing what they inspire

Agreed!

buddyboy101

Quote from: luisch on Aug 04, 2014, 06:38 PM

Live

Download

Download

Download

Download

Download

Download

Download

Demos

2001 - Broyhill Demos
Download

2001 - Off the Record
Download

2003 - demos.rar
Download

2005 - Demos.rar
Download

2006 - Demos.rar
Download

2007 - Demos.rar
Download

Download

awesome post, thank you :)

Quote from: MrVesanique on Aug 03, 2014, 01:00 PM
I just hope he doesn't do in Team Sleep what he does in Crosses and Palms. But he just might.

I hope THEY do it just as it comes to them...like always

Im sure it will produce what it is intended to

nicklav

The 2001 show is phenomenal.

Diplo

Quote from: luisch on Aug 04, 2014, 06:38 PM

Live

Download

Download

Download

Download

Download

Download

Download

Demos

2001 - Broyhill Demos
Download

2001 - Off the Record
Download

2003 - demos.rar
Download

2005 - Demos.rar
Download

2006 - Demos.rar
Download

2007 - Demos.rar
Download

Download

Thanks for the live !

myownsummer

Quote from: Deadradio on Aug 04, 2014, 09:51 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 02, 2014, 05:16 AM

Agreed!

I love you.

TheyCallMeP

I love Team Sleep, but where is everyone reading that they are coming back? I'm assuming its rumor only? The website hasn't been updates since '07 it seems like. I haven't found any interviews where Team Sleep's status is discussed either (aside from the first post of this thread when Chino bitches about Maverick).

luisch

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Aug 20, 2014, 02:52 PM
I love Team Sleep, but where is everyone reading that they are coming back? I'm assuming its rumor only? The website hasn't been updates since '07 it seems like. I haven't found any interviews where Team Sleep's status is discussed either (aside from the first post of this thread when Chino bitches about Maverick).

I use to manage a facebook fan page of Team Sleep, with grow up so much in the late six years, now have 11000 fans. I get contacted for someone of the band who tell me they're working on new tunes and soon they'll be announced great news.

This is the official TS Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/teamsleepband

And this is the official web: http://teamsleepmusic.com/

And Twitter: @TeamSleep | https://twitter.com/TeamSleep

luisch

And well, this:

TEAM SLEEP @ WOODSTOCK SESSIONS
We are delighted to announce that TEAM SLEEP will be reconvening after a long hibernation and to invite you to participate in the recording of an in-studio album/performance with the band at Applehead Recording & Production (appleheadrecording.com) in Woodstock New York.

FROM THE FELLAS:

Dear friends,

Please join us as we create our next record in Woodstock, New York.  We'll gather at Applehead studio, near the base of the Catskill mountains to eat, write, play and record.  For a long time, business people, logistics, careers, adulthood, families and the House Republicans have thwarted us, but we've continued to make music.  At the same time, the creative process has become increasingly fragmented and dehumanized.  With that in mind, we're very excited to get together with our dear friends, hang out, play music and have a unique experience in a beautiful place.  We'd like you to be there, too.  Your participation will be essential to the independent creation and release of the live performance and our forthcoming studio record; we look forward to seeing you.

Chino Moreno
Todd Wilkinson
Crook Molina
Zach Hill
Rick Verret
Chuck X

Participants will receive the following:
-A hooded sweatshirt with a design which will not be sold outside of this event ( please include your size)
-Silk-screened posters hand made by the band and signed
-A CD featuring previously unreleased music
-A listening party to hear new material the band is working on
-A local, gourmet meal with the band provided Sunfrost Farms
-An in-studio experience with question and answer session as the band works on and records new songs
-A live performance featuring new and old songs
-limited run vinyl of the audio from the live recordings
-A digital download of the audio from the live recordings
-A digital download of the video from the event

Link: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/842469

N0S3BLEED976

I was already sold on the "local, gourmet meal with the band" part.

Wish I'd live in the States...

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Deadradio

Damn, that's awesome!

DeftonesNZ

That's awesome, some one better share that content, imagine that a cd, a live recording and a live video after all these years of drought

nicklav

Just gimme a studio version of New Guitar!