Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu_101

Food for thought: If you turn the image 90 degrees left, I now see two small birds (one with a long tail) sitting on something. I remember as a kid always wondering how birds could sit on high voltage electric wires and not get electrocuted.

Gaz

Ihateallofmyfriends

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Aug 18, 2020, 05:52 PM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 18, 2020, 05:28 PM
Quote from: Fuzzheadup on Aug 18, 2020, 03:34 PM
Still all up for debate, but I see a winged insect on a girls face. Maybe a moth?

The 'wing' is covering the left eye as it's perched on the girls nose.

I was kind of thinking cigarette with smoke coming off of it. But yeah I definitely think there's something in the nose area and something going down the right side of her face. smoke, water, insect or something else entirely. I really wish I would have said something so I could say I was the first to notice, but it's fine LOL I'm glad someone else said something so now I don't look like the crazy guy.

I'm hoping for "coming out of the water." Lady with cigarette was already done with Team Sleep. Yawn. Hey, while we're speculating, maybe it's not the album cover at all and it's a picture of Chelsea Wolfe, confirming a collaboration on the album. (Before I get destroyed, this is a joke...about the cover, not the hope for a Chelsea collab because I've been wanting that something awful for years).

I'm assuming you've heard Shadows and light?
I would love to hear her do Maynard's part of Passenger on a slowed down, haunting remix

nineteen

Dolphins. Definitely Dolphins. Bluefin Tunas. Dolphin Lundgren.

Inkblades

Yeah, it's not adding up. If it's a pic we've already seen, why would the label be so hellbent on removing pics of anyone who guessed it?

LG95

I could float here forever

Draken

it doesn't make sense, but damn it fits so well. Maybe they are counting on that to throw people off. Maybe it really is dolphins.

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 06:34 PM
Yeah, it's not adding up. If it's a pic we've already seen, why would the label be so hellbent on removing pics of anyone who guessed it?

stinkfist

I hope that it's not the album cover but you've gotta admit it does fit the teaser. maybe a similar pic from the same photo shoot?

E-Money

I was hoping for the album cover to do more with the name of the album ... something with electricity... or something abstract ... like NiN The Fragile... always loved the album art for that record... and KNY is my favorite album artwork of the Sergio Era... what's your guys favorite out of the last 3 records?

wbasmith

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 18, 2020, 06:39 PM
I was hoping for the album cover to do more with the name of the album ... something with electricity... or something abstract ... like NiN The Fragile... always loved the album art for that record... and KNY is my favorite album artwork of the Sergio Era... what's your guys favorite out of the last 3 records?

Gore but I do love all 3. Stronger art in Sergio era than in Chi era imo, but not by much, I do love all their artwork tbh, not many bands are as consistent with their cover art.

In fact Iron Maiden (minus DoD) and Tool are the only 2 that jump to mind

ChubbyChino

If you look at the picture from today: https://www.deftones.com/sites/g/files/g2000005441/f/202008/0hXjO.png

The bottom half is almost completely filled out and it doesn't match the mouth of that tour 2020 pic. So my guess is that only half the picture was used for this.

DId anyone try to convert this for binary then to text? By scanning each line from left to line, white = 1, black = 0.

It does look like a binary image: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_image

stu_101

I really like the Gore cover, but Diamond Eyes is awesome given the story behind it.

Formant

Minerva lyrics have been posted on Instagram.

Vesanic

We're not allowing the covert art because the label has removed it from reddit and they threatened to close sharinglungs before.

@draken: I don't think you would even care about those things if I had not deleted your post, but alright, you have a point. Although old people have the right to have sex.

feiticeiro

Gore for me.

Draken

Diamond Eyes is my favorite Sergio record, it has the most emotional attachment behind it because of Chi's accident and the uncertainty of the band. They came through in most Deftones fashion showing their will to persevere and create even in the hardest of situations. Most of the songs on there are solid gold. KNY was great and Gore was... well it did give us Acid Hologram.

ghostofemilydickinson

This is a pretty juvenile trick, but it harkens back to how the brain, when not given enough information, will make cognitive leaps to "complete" incomplete sights or sounds. If you look at the website image as it currently is and squint your eyes to nearly shut and look at it for a few seconds, you get a much better picture of what is really there. Again, I know how dumb this sounds, but it's actually sort of cool.

GR1X7S

Koi No Yokan has some of the best album art ever. Somehow it perfectly conveys the sounds and vibes from that record.. love em all though...

Draken

Fair enough. I wouldn't want my silly posts to shut anyone down.

and yes, I agree old people absolutely have the right to shag.

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 18, 2020, 07:04 PM
We're not allowing the covert art because the label has removed it from reddit and they threatened to close sharinglungs before.

@draken: I don't think you would even care about those things if I had not deleted your post, but alright, you have a point. Although old people have the right to have sex.