Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 18, 2020, 06:51 PM
If you look at the picture from today: https://www.deftones.com/sites/g/files/g2000005441/f/202008/0hXjO.png

The bottom half is almost completely filled out and it doesn't match the mouth of that tour 2020 pic. So my guess is that only half the picture was used for this.

DId anyone try to convert this for binary then to text? By scanning each line from left to line, white = 1, black = 0.

It does look like a binary image: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_image

If you put 2 copies of the same image from the website on top of each other in Photoshop, then invert the colors of one of them, and then use a filter to only show you the different pixels, you can see that only the eyes / tear on the right side, have been getting filled in.. There's no mouth or nose... So who knows what the final image will show..

sharinglungs

If they don't reveal the name and album art tomorrow, I'm guessing they're going to let the final clue linger for 24 hours, before revealing.

buflen

So what other social network will they use for the lyrics image next? TikTok? Linked In? LOL

Fuzzheadup

I'm hoping for a reveal tomorrow. If the image is any more filled in it may be fairly apparent what it is, and could take the surprise out of the actual reveal.

I guess it's hard to tell until we see any more, but either way I'll still be hyped.

leatherz

Quote from: buflen on Aug 18, 2020, 07:40 PM
So what other social network will they use for the lyrics image next? TikTok? Linked In? LOL

Weibo to promote the album among the chinese fanbase

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 18, 2020, 07:41 PM
YouTube
if it's on youtube, it must be longer than 2-3 seconds and probably reveal what it was hinted at. maybe with a tiny sound bit of the new single.

Roidragee

Its either gonna be on YouTube, or it'll be displayed on all their social media accounts tomorrow

Inkblades

Don't think it's gonna be announced tomorrow - I still think "one weak" is very intentional. All will be revealed by Friday...maybe Thursday if we're lucky.

DEF_RICHIE

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 08:22 PM
Don't think it's gonna be announced tomorrow - I still think "one weak" is very intentional. All will be revealed by Friday...maybe Thursday if we're lucky.

I don't think one weak was anything other than the only O song they have..

We're getting something by Thursday at the latest.

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 18, 2020, 08:29 PM

The only option is the opposite of very intentional ahaha

Inkblades

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 18, 2020, 08:29 PM

Yeah but what if they've been planning all of this since they picked the album title?

leatherz

Honestly I don't care much about the artwork, but I really wanna know the tracklist. The names they give to the songs are pretty interesting, cryptic and they always have gathered my attention.

sharinglungs

they are indeed good at picking interesting song titles.

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Inkblades

A potential clue - when the website picture starts fading in, the eyes look a lot more defined. As the picture gets brighter, the eyes become less defined and the pupils fade.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 10:14 PM
A potential clue - when the website picture starts fading in, the eyes look a lot more defined. As the picture gets brighter, the eyes become less defined and the pupils fade.

I noticed this also, the image is more clear fading in.

Drop-Dead

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 10:14 PM

it can even be a pair of lungs  ;D

Big Boss

I'm about 10 pages behind. Why do people think we'll be getting something tomorrow or Friday? I feel like it's going to be longer than we think. Hopefully it's not that song that was kind of a widespread leak. Then it'd be like not hearing new music