Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

album has been cancelled

ANattyRat

I know that they used to think that the album had to be released around touring to create hype around it, but I think by now they realise that's no longer the game they need to play. They've got more than enough fans that people would see their shows even if there was no album. And even if there's a year-long gap between the album and them touring, sure, the album wouldn't still be fresh and exciting, but seeing those songs played live WOULD be. So I definitely don't think they have any plans to wait until touring seems safer and more concrete. September is starting to look a little unlikely unless it's late September, but even if it's later than that, I think it'll only be by a little bit. Also if someone can message me with the alleged title, that'd be awesome. It feels like it's been an eternity without new Deftones music, I need to get hyped up for what's to come lol. Hopefully a single soon.

elite54

I would expect to at least have one single or an official article on the album name/track list by now if they were going to release it in September. I don't think that is happening.

Inkblades

Yeah, September isn't looking too likely.

sharinglungs

There's still almost 10 weeks until the end of September. Lots of time. Considering they now likely won't have to film a music video, and all their marketing will be online, 10 weeks is plenty of time.

elite54

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 21, 2020, 09:54 PM
There's still almost 10 weeks until the end of September. Lots of time. Considering they now likely won't have to film a music video, and all their marketing will be online, 10 weeks is plenty of time.

It might be but strange to not even have 1 single by now. There are groups releasing albums in October that already have 2 or 3 singles out now.

LG95

Prayers/Triangles was released 5th February. Just over two months before Gore came out (8th April). The album had been announced like a week or so before.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Jul 22, 2020, 01:53 AM
The album had been announced like a week or so before.

This is how they've more or less promoted their last three albums (I can't recall if they did this for SNW, but I do remember HITE being put on their Myspace in late August 2006.) If they are still following this marketing strategy, the single tease/album announcement has to come tomorrow or Friday the 24th (the same date Abe mentioned as a date they were looking at for the album in one of those IG streams) and then the single would drop on the 30th or 31st in order for a September album release. So, if nothing comes in the next two days, I really doubt it's coming in September...unless they maybe drop a single in the first week of August.

Vesanic

Guys this is Deftones we're talking about. They just don't do things like other bands.

Penicks

vesanic what was your opinion on gore

Sleeping_Giant

My guess - they are going to give us something soon together with Daniel P. Carter.  Hopefully some updates still in July...

geraavl08

T Swift just released a new album and only announced it hours before its release.. Maybe 'tones will do the same.. 2 more hours

elite54

You guys check out the new clip on the DEFTONES Facebook fan page?

LG95

elite54

Someone with "resources" posted a 1:40 clip of a new track

LG95

What fan page is that?

Inkblades

I'm assuming this one?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/252848001571631/

It's a private group...with close to 18,000 members. I don't use Facebook, so I couldn't tell you what's going on....but if someone is leaking clips, I don't think the band is gonna be too happy about that.

Roidragee

is this leaked tracked on the FB page some person recording their screen? If so I think I've seen the leak you're talking about

LG95

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 25, 2020, 08:47 PM
It's a private group...with close to 18,000 members. I don't use Facebook, so I couldn't tell you what's going on....but if someone is leaking clips, I don't think the band is gonna be too happy about that.
Quite rightly so. Hope this shit doesn't spread but that's a lot of people if that is the case. I don't use Facebook either.

elite54

It was a shitty clip with pretty terrible quality and it is now deleted. Definitely an unheard track, though. I'd expect more of this to happen if people have some tracks saved.