Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

(Like) Lardass

Absolutely Brilliant LOL
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

GR1X7S

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 30, 2020, 04:40 AM
(Like) Lardass

Absolutely Brilliant LOL

Figured I'd attempt to cut some of the tension about these leaks with some humor

plagasx

I want another girl on the album cover. Also, I really wish they'd bring back the script font in their name. So much more.. Sexier and original that way.

GR1X7S

Quote from: plagasx on Jul 30, 2020, 06:16 AM
I want another girl on the album cover. Also, I really wish they'd bring back the script font in their name. So much more.. Sexier and original that way.

I would love to see that return as well. 
A great feeling comes over me every time I see that all caps logo though.  Maybe it's time for a new era

Vesanic

They used the White Pony font on the North American tour flyer, leads me to believe they'll use it on the new album as well.

RaptureWS

Maybe it's because of the (presumed) album title....but I feel the artwork could be something to do with nature, but also very dark in terms of colors.

I often associate music with the colors of their album artwork. Like I can "see" the color in the music. For example I see red in most White Pony songs. I know that sounds totally weird AF but I've heard other people say it to. I think Chino mentioned something like that in the past as well.  Now maybe it's because we haven't seen any artwork. but I keep seeing black in most of these songs. There is a warmth alongside that blackness though too.

Probably gonna sound goofy as hell, but if I had to name this music based on mental visuals it would be something like "Black Sunshine"
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

976-EVIL

Black Sunshine is a great White Zombie song
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

GR1X7S

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 30, 2020, 07:56 AM
Black Sunshine is a great White Zombie song

Would be a killer cocktail too

Vesanic

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jul 30, 2020, 07:36 AM
Maybe it's because of the (presumed) album title....but I feel the artwork could be something to do with nature, but also very dark in terms of colors.

I often associate music with the colors of their album artwork. Like I can "see" the color in the music. For example I see red in most White Pony songs. I know that sounds totally weird AF but I've heard other people say it to. I think Chino mentioned something like that in the past as well.  Now maybe it's because we haven't seen any artwork. but I keep seeing black in most of these songs. There is a warmth alongside that blackness though too.

Probably gonna sound goofy as hell, but if I had to name this music based on mental visuals it would be something like "Black Sunshine"

It's called synesthesia, look it up.  8)

GR1X7S

It's definitely a thing. It's very present in their discography too. Look at those shades of pink of the flamingos on the cover of GORE. or better yet the picture in the gatefold of the record. Tell me you don't feel those warm colors when you listen to it. Or how there is a consistent uplifting vibe throughout Diamond Eyes. That white color of the owl amidst the blackness reflects that perfectly..

RaptureWS

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 30, 2020, 08:19 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Jul 30, 2020, 07:36 AM

It's called synesthesia, look it up.  8)

That's awesome! I just looked it up and it's a very interesting topic.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Penicks

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Jul 30, 2020, 04:13 AM
As far as cover art goes, we got girl part 2 with SNW and we got birds part 2 with gore. Maybe this time we'll get skull part 2. Or perhaps we'll even get douche part 2.

album cover (plus title and tracklist) leaked

Vesanic

Thanatos

Another week with no official news. This is getting dire my fellow fans

Roidragee

Lincblade

Gaz

sharinglungs

Its barely 9 am in California, lots of time left in the day to announce something, or tomorrow.

Inkblades

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDROvk6lrHK/

The old picture of the band means it's probably a WP retrospective but maybe there's some info about the new album.

Gaz

Probably the same feature of the Metal Hammer Magazine here in the UK