Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

I don't think the flashing dot in the rectangle of one weak means anything.

There's also a flashing square in the lyrics ones too... I think it's just a look they went for

stu_101

COVID-19 has clearly given the Warner marketing team extra time to come up with a creative drip campaign. Loving how they're integrating all their media channels.

ghostofemilydickinson

Not going to purposefully reveal the album name though I think we all know it by now. HOWEVER...

I've seen where people are referring to the electricity angle as one of the definitions of the LIKELY NEW DEFTONES ALBUM NAME. And it was sort of a bummer to think THAT would be the title, in my opinion.

But there's another use of the word,  you know...and it's very much in line with some of their other stuff. Tried digging for info and, ironically, found it on the Echoing the Sound forums.  "LIKELY NEW DEFTONES ALBUMS TITLE is considered by many Eastern religions as the Primal Sound. In these religions, it is believed that God created sound first and therefore LIKELY NEW DEFTONES ALBUMS TITLE  is the seed sound of all creation..."

If this is the direction they are going with this album, I am STOKED beyond measure. Give me some synth/chunky guitar bridges, please...

(Sorry if this was mentioned before...94 pages is a lot to filter through).

pannch

What you're referring to is singular grammatically, whereas allegedly what the actual name's rumored to be is plural

Source: I am an Indian

rainnyx4

Quote from: pannch on Aug 18, 2020, 12:21 PM
What you're referring to is singular grammatically, whereas allegedly what the actual name's rumored to be is plural

Source: I am an Indian

This assumes the band is aware of proper grammar.

I don't think a double entendre is impossible.

Vesanic

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Aug 18, 2020, 12:02 PM
Not going to purposefully reveal the album name though I think we all know it by now.

Not all of us do.

GR1X7S

Keepin Ves busy today. Rules people c'mon

imbrie

We're so nearly there, boys and girls. By the weekend we'll have ...something.

GR1X7S

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 18, 2020, 01:13 PM

Something to live in, hold and cherish.. AND TALK ABOUT!

imbrie

Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 18, 2020, 01:14 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Aug 18, 2020, 01:13 PM

Something to live in, hold and cherish.. AND TALK ABOUT!

I think it's going to be worth the wait. I've got a feeling we're going to be a happy bunch.

Gaz

Wouldn't it be awful if they led us up to an announcement on the 25th Sep and it was to say the album has been pushed back to April 2021. I would fucking cry

imbrie

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 18, 2020, 01:21 PM
Wouldn't it be awful if they led us up to an announcement on the 25th Sep and it was to say the album has been pushed back to April 2021. I would fucking cry

Oh man, don't even joke about it. Can you imagine? 8 more months of '2 more hours'!

Vesanic

wbasmith

2 more hours..

Til we get another Spotify and pic update right?

Roidragee

1 more until the spotify update at around 10:25AM EST and 2 more hours for the artwork update at 11:45AM EST  8)

PushBackTheSquare

Hi I'm new.
I don't see the image representing eyebrows and eyes as strongly as it did at first.
It seems more like bugs or kind of scorpion like.
The image is very much like OLED technology under a microscope.

Vesanic

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 18, 2020, 01:40 PM
1 more until the spotify update at around 10:25AM EST and 2 more hours for the artwork update at 11:45AM EST  8)

You've kept track?  :o

Gaz

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 18, 2020, 01:49 PM
Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 18, 2020, 01:40 PM

You've kept track?  :o

I love it, people are ON IT with keeping up with the updates

good work all round guys!