Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roidragee

Tomorrow is the day. Un dia mas ;D

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Frankz0r on Aug 19, 2020, 01:24 AM
Hi

So today they posted the Street Carp lyrics video thing.

The title is pretty much confirmed with this last video and don't know if it is still illegal/prohibited to mention in here haha

We are close my friends!!!

Hopefully something tomorrow.

Inkblades

sharinglungs

Their UK PR person posted the Minerva lyric post on her Instagram story.. first time she's gotten involved with this teaser stuff.

Frankz0r

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 19, 2020, 01:49 AM
Their UK PR person posted the Minerva lyric post on her Instagram story.. first time she's gotten involved with this teaser stuff.

well this is a new level of stalking we got here

Sicario

Quote from: Frankz0r on Aug 19, 2020, 01:58 AM

I sent her a message back in February asking about the new album. She actually responded. So if anyone is a stalker, it's me  ;D
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Frankz0r

Quote from: Sicario on Aug 19, 2020, 02:10 AM

I sent her a message back in February asking about the new album. She actually responded. So if anyone is a stalker, it's me  ;D

Is she hot?

GR1X7S

There's being "a big fan" and then there's sliding into the DMs of a press rep for album info...  we belong here

sharinglungs

I'm assuming she said she had no info, or nothing she could say?

Sicario

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 19, 2020, 02:27 AM

Her exact response was:

All good things come to those who wait 😉😁

Which I understood and thanked her for even responding. But I was definitely disappointed.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Sicario on Aug 19, 2020, 03:06 AM

Her exact response was:

Which I understood and thanked her for even responding. But I was definitely disappointed.

You're weird.

Sicario

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 19, 2020, 03:18 AM
Quote from: Sicario on Aug 19, 2020, 03:06 AM

Her exact response was:

You're weird.

For reaching out? Why is that weird? If she thought it was weird she likely would've ignored me.

RaptureWS

I don't really think it's weird especially if you are polite about it and don't do it often. It's neat that she responded at least. Well we have waited and now our time is almost here. Good time to be a Deftones fan :) I'm really excited to hear Frank's work on this album, especially since Tokyo mentioned "synth". I just recently fell in love with the instrumental version of Risk. Quite possibly my favorite Frank song. If by any chance you haven't checked out the instrumental version of Diamond Eyes I highly recommend doing so.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Sicario

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 19, 2020, 03:30 AM
I don't really think it's weird especially if you are polite about it and don't do it often. It's neat that she responded at least. Well we have waited and now our time is almost here. Good time to be a Deftones fan :) I'm really excited to hear Frank's work on this album, especially since Tokyo mentioned "synth". I just recently fell in love with the instrumental version of Risk. Quite possibly my favorite Frank song. If by any chance you haven't checked out the instrumental version of Diamond Eyes I highly recommend doing so.

I mean I guess it's a bit unusual. I just said "hey, I'm a huge fan of the band and was wondering if there was any news she was allowed to share. Thanks for your consideration and take care." She was pretty cool about it I'd say. I didn't bug her afterward. I really just wanted to try and get info to share here. I think it was right around the time we heard rumblings about May for a release.

Inkblades

I have a feeling Frank is going to put forth his best work yet on this album.

pannch

Deftones are one the very few bands whose releases sound unpredictable, that's one thing I love abt them, the mystery

976-EVIL

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 19, 2020, 03:37 AM

Was thinking that myself.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

plagasx

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 19, 2020, 04:09 AM

I dunno man....he did some pretty incredible stuff on White Pony...

976-EVIL

Quote from: plagasx on Aug 19, 2020, 04:30 AM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 19, 2020, 04:09 AM

I dunno man....he did some pretty incredible stuff on White Pony...

No doubt, definitely the watermark for Frank thus far.

Just gotta feeling Terry Date is gonna bring back the best in the Band. Abe's snare, Step's crunch and the Groove between the Bass and Chino.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Penicks

Quote from: pannch on Aug 19, 2020, 03:54 AM
Deftones are one the very few bands whose releases sound unpredictable, that's one thing I love abt them, the mystery

too bad the last 3 releases have been duds tho innit