Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Dun dundundun dundundun.... Dun dundundun....

punkflop01

Getting a rosemary vibe from this snippet

sharinglungs

Teehee... Rosemary... Teehee..

Sleeping_Giant

Inkblades

Quote from: punkflop01 on Sep 15, 2020, 07:01 PM
Getting a rosemary vibe from this snippet

We're about to have ALL the vibes. All your vibes are belong to Deftones.

The synths and those guitar lines blend so well together. Love the sound.

Ianldiotaiuti

Strong Post-metal vibe for me

Visionz

So the definition of genesis is the origin of a formation of something. Could be after they wrote the song someone really felt that it maybe sums up their band, like it feels like it did in the beginning or some thing. Just a thought.c  Ool name for a good Deftones cut though either way

Shadow46/2

Plot twist, it's actually about the Sega Genesis.

After Konami code and Risk it wouldn't surprise me.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Visionz

Quote from: Shadow46/2  on Sep 15, 2020, 07:39 PM
Plot twist, it's actually about the Sega Genesis.

After Konami code and Risk it wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds killer. I miss that guitar tone right there. Frank is always on point. Hoping this really showcases Frank. Im hard now.

ghostofemilydickinson

Same. I hope Frank is prominent all over this album. I wish the track listing hadn't been released yet because I'd LOVE for this (what I assume to be) intro part go on for 2-3 minutes). Might be way off here, but I feel like if you slap a lo-fi drum beat under this bit, you have a Team Sleep song.

ireallywish

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 15, 2020, 07:36 PM
So the definition of genesis is the origin of a formation of something. Could be after they wrote the song someone really felt that it maybe sums up their band, like it feels like it did in the beginning or some thing. Just a thought.c  Ool name for a good Deftones cut though either way

That's a cool theory given what we know about Abe/Chino/Stef going back to their roots at the beginning of the writing.
I haven't listened to the leaks, but the Ohms video gives me apocalyptic Adam/Eve vibes. Maybe there's a Genesis or Biblical theme going on. Could be a coincidence tho

buflen

I haven't listened to it yet. I'm proud. I'll refrain myself from doing so, until friday, or probably even skip the single altogether.

sharinglungs

I can't wait for this thread to blow up on Thursday!

E-Money

I think the Genesis meaning has to do with the rebirth of the band or maybe even Chino. In that interview he said he got some professional help and it was really good for him. Talked about how he wasn't always the best person to his friends. I think it's cool he talked about it.

They all sound really excited for this one... gore just didn't have this positive feeling to it.. I think there all back and happy and wrote a killer record together. Genesis being the first track might have something to do with better times now and a rebirth of the band...

But I could be way off!! Just happy there still making music after all they have been through. And even happier Terry is in the mix.

976-EVIL

So wait...Genesis drops tonight at Midnight in the US EST?!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

976-EVIL

Sorry, I obviously can't read...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

If the images on the teaser are from the actual music video, it looks like the performance shots were taken while they were shooting for Ohms.

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 15, 2020, 08:40 PM
If the images on the teaser are from the actual music video, it looks like the performance shots were taken while they were shooting for Ohms.

seems likely

Inkblades

Yup, Clemente Ruiz shot two performances when he visited Abe and Frank in Sacto, Chino in Portland, Stef in L.A. and Sergio in NY.

spiralout

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 15, 2020, 08:40 PM

Indeed!

https://plsn.com/featured/featured-slider/producing-a-new-deftones-video-during-covid-times/