Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

The Shining rules. Kubrick rules.

speaking of Jack Nicholson, i watched Chinatown last night. awesome film.

The Captain

^ Good man, I concur with all statements

raynor

I'm thinking about watching Spirited Away.

Typing_Monkey

I just saw the Shawshanks remdemption a while ago (it was the second time) its a very good movie. Somehow everything fits perfect in that movie there no thoughts like damn this is fake it just fits....

The Captain

Yeah, good movie, another good movie set in prison is Animal Factory

pumpkin~head

Quote from: "raynor"I'm thinking about watching Spirited Away.

is it a japanese movie from ghibli?

raynor

Quote from: "pumpkin~head"
Quote from: "raynor"I'm thinking about watching Spirited Away.

is it a japanese movie from ghibli?
it's japanese, but i don't know who made it, i just watch it

CentralIllNoise

speaking of Jack Nicholson...i watched Anger Managment again the other day. one of my favorite comedy movies. most people dont like it though. weird

makoe5

Quote from: "one weak"The Shining rules. Kubrick rules.

speaking of Jack Nicholson, i watched Chinatown last night. awesome film.

2001 a space oddesey is the greatest movie ever made
and Dr Strangelove is the funniest movie ever made
"why didnt you tell the world hmm..."

lifter

Kubrick is one of my favorite directors, hes a legend.

feeling like more

i watched amityville horrors last nite. it kind of has the same storyline as the shining.

Malpractice

Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"speaking of Jack Nicholson...i watched Anger Managment again the other day. one of my favorite comedy movies. most people dont like it though. weird

i enjoyed it

"OHHHH I GOT CASPER IN MY CLOTHES!!"

lol

Mazzy

I loved how the Shining was flimed. It really stood out. The cinematography was fucking amazing.

Ummm since we're recommending shit in here too. Beu, watch Sommersault. It's an aussie film. I think it'll inspire you for whatever you're doing in your film class.

feeling like more

hmmm... u probably mite dissagree wit me but i dont think australians make good films. do our accents really sound that bad?!

off the topic, russell crowe came to our cinemas at hoyts fox last night and had one of the ushers stand in the bathroom and reserve a toilet cubicle for him the whole time he was in the complex :roll:

manic_bastard

I like Good Burger.

The Captain

Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can I take your orrrrdah?

endoeleven

Watched 'Permanent Midnight' on IFC awaile ago now, that was a pretty sweet movie, wanna get it now. Ben Stiller, the herion addict writer.

Mazzy

Quote from: "feeling like more"hmmm... u probably mite dissagree wit me but i dont think australians make good films. do our accents really sound that bad?!

off the topic, russell crowe came to our cinemas at hoyts fox last night and had one of the ushers stand in the bathroom and reserve a toilet cubicle for him the whole time he was in the complex :roll:

Dude, now I got that Frenzal Rhomb song in my head hahaha...tis all good. I really don't like him. He's such a fucking drama queen.

And you're right, I don't agree with you, I think Australian movies are really good. Ok, maybe we've sucked these past few years but things are going to change. Sommersault really gave me hope that we are going to do something about our dying movie industry. And our accent is fine thank you!!

Malpractice

Quote from: "Mazzy"I really don't like him. He's such a fucking drama queen.

yea but could a drama queen write this masterpiece

it's not really a masterpiece at all lol but i just thought the picture was funny

one weak

Quote from: "Mazzy"I loved how the Shining was flimed. It really stood out. The cinematography was fucking amazing.

Ummm since we're recommending shit in here too. Beu, watch Sommersault. It's an aussie film. I think it'll inspire you for whatever you're doing in your film class.

BEAU haha. yeah i'll definitely check that out. i've seen a few films from austrailia, but i reallly can't remember them as it was a class a while back.