Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digital_maggit

Quote from: "jv_"man amityville horror was fucking weak

When I went,  the girl on my right would scream crazy loud everytime something popped up,  and the guy on my left was just laughing at everything.

jv_

Quote from: "digital_maggit"

When I went,  the girl on my right would scream crazy loud everytime something popped up,  and the guy on my left was just laughing at everything.
haha we cut school and watched the first 11am show and ran around the theater because we were the only ones there, but the end was the best when the little girl is just looking at you all extra long, that made me jump

hydroponic82

carpie was one sick bastard...........dafoe is the man!

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: "Mazzy"
Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"i saw requiem for a dream for the first time last night

it was a TRIIIIIP.  the ephedra thing disturbed me wayyyy more than the other stuff, though.

Really? It didn't have that much of an effect on me when I watched it. I actually fell asleep through it  :?

so you didn't find it powerful in the least?

Jerry_Curls

^ I saw that movie when i was in 6th/7th grade...I think it has affected the way I am today. Great movie.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

feeling like more

i think whats powerful about requiem is that it ends when each of the characters are at the lowest points in their lives. there is no happy ending, the only resolution is how fucked up their lives have become.

Mazzy

Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"
Quote from: "Mazzy"
Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"i saw requiem for a dream for the first time last night

it was a TRIIIIIP.  the ephedra thing disturbed me wayyyy more than the other stuff, though.

Really? It didn't have that much of an effect on me when I watched it. I actually fell asleep through it  :?

so you didn't find it powerful in the least?

I watched it when I was going through a really bad time in my life. Someone close to me had died of cancer and school was ending and the thought of how things were made me really...uneager about things around me. I didn't find anything amusing at that time so that may be why I didn't register its message in my head. Plus my sleeping patterns were crazy then. I will try to watch it again for sure, this time I promise to stay awake.

feeling like more

Quote from: "lifter"Kubrick is one of my favorite directors, hes a legend.

i watched full metal jacket tonight

digital_maggit

Quote from: "jv_"
Quote from: "digital_maggit"

haha we cut school and watched the first 11am show and ran around the theater because we were the only ones there, but the end was the best when the little girl is just looking at you all extra long, that made me jump

haha.  awesome.

lifter

Quote from: "feeling like more"

a favorite of mine.

feeling like more

yeh it was alright. it would'v been pretty intense for it's day.

CentralIllNoise

Quote from: "ben"i just watched One Flew over the cookoo's nest with jack nicholson. it was for school, but damn i enjoyed this movie.

yes, GREAT movie. one of the only two movies to sweep at the academy i believe. definately a top 10

one weak

yeah it swept all the major awards. one of my favorite films ever.

the 70's was the decade for great films in the US. since when has there been a string of truly original films and great actors/actresses/directors since then??  btw, in my opinion, tarantino is NOT as good as some of the directors in the 70's and earlier. i love all his films, but everything he does has been done before...period. he is not the next Hitchcock or coppola or scorsese or cappra etc, etc.

Mazzy

Scorsese isn't that good...

deftones_subject

pretty much all directors are overrated....but hey i fucking love tarantino movies....

4th Eye

Quote from: "feeling like more"

It was fun to watch after I got out of army though of course amry is different now and we didn't have that strict discipline and so scary sergeants (and no one blew his head off). The first half of the movie is way better and I wish there would be more movies about basic training. Everything's just about war.

feeling like more

i agree i liked the first part but got a bit over it when they went to vietnam. it was good to watch but.

Quote from: "deftones_subject"pretty much all directors are overrated....but hey i fucking love tarantino movies....

this is a fairly generalising statement dude, directors arnt overrated they'r kinda important to the movie making process. but yeh tarantino owns.

The Captain

Tarantino has to be one of the most overrated directors EVER.

one weak

Quote from: "Mazzy"Scorsese isn't that good...
scorcese WAS good. i didn't like the aviator. but c'mon, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, etc. you know his older films

The Captain

OK, Taxi was a lot better than it looked, and a lot better than what you'd think if I said Fast and the Furious meets random buddy cop movie. Good to see Jimmy didn't leave SNL only to suck.