Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoneskid144

i love jimmy fallon but i havent seen that movie yet, maybe i'll check it out.

i kinda wanna see sin city again while its in theatres, but i need to stop using my money, and start saving it.  i hate how expensive the movies are.

makoe5

Quote from: "4th Eye"i watched full metal jacket tonight
It was fun to watch after I got out of army though of course amry is different now and we didn't have that strict discipline and so scary sergeants (and no one blew his head off). The first half of the movie is way better and I wish there would be more movies about basic training. Everything's just about war.[/quote]

go watch TIGERLAND.

and about scorsesse, taxi driver is great but gangs of new york is the biggest bore fest he has made.

hydroponic82

quote:

"It was fun to watch after I got out of army though of course amry is different now and we didn't have that strict discipline and so scary sergeants (and no one blew his head off). "

FMJ wasnt about the army , it was about the marines .  a freind of mine (a marine) cant watch that movie , says it fucks with his head. :cry:

feeling like more

Quote from: "The Captain"Tarantino has to be one of the most overrated directors EVER.

what i meant was its a broad statement to say most directors are, of coarse some are. the impression i get about tarantino from a lot of people is that they either love him or hate him. the critics give him a fairly hard time so i dont know how overrated he really is. has he ever been nominated for an academy award? i like him but i can definately see how others wont.

deftoneskid144

Quote from: "hydroponic82"FMJ wasnt about the army , it was about the marines .  a freind of mine (a marine) cant watch that movie , says it fucks with his head. :cry:

yea my dad gets really weird with war movies, starts runnin the house like a fuckin boot camp  :roll:

The Captain

Quote from: "feeling like more"
Quote from: "The Captain"Tarantino has to be one of the most overrated directors EVER.

what i meant was its a broad statement to say most directors are, of coarse some are. the impression i get about tarantino from a lot of people is that they either love him or hate him. the critics give him a fairly hard time so i dont know how overrated he really is. has he ever been nominated for an academy award? i like him but i can definately see how others wont.
I don't care much about awards, but fucking EVERYBODY is on his cock and I think he's just OK or good at best, not that great.

xcrossx1

i'd rather click on a link that leads to a bitch getting shitted on,  than your fucking referal links.

wharf rat

The Captain

Quote from: "xcrossx1"i'd rather click on a link that leads to a bitch getting shitted on,  than your fucking referal links.
shitted is not a word and he already posted a picture of a girl shitting, I'd say that's close enough

Mazzy

Quote from: "one weak"
Quote from: "Mazzy"Scorsese isn't that good...
scorcese WAS good. i didn't like the aviator. but c'mon, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, etc. you know his older films

Taxi Driver was good. I admit that, but only partly cause of the strong performance that De Nero gave. You know what I found that is much shittier (yes Tyler, look it up and tell me if that's a word) than The Aviator, Gangs Of Fucking New York. Man that was shit. Pure fresh shit. But then again anything Cameron Diaz stars in is shit too with the exception of Vanilla Sky, which I thought was fucking good.

The Captain

Vanilla Sky was good despite Diaz. I haven't liked her in a movie since The Mask.

Mazzy

I find all her performances are forced. She doesn't let the character just do it's own thing, she makes it all fucking technical for herself. The reason she did alright in The Mask is because Jim Carrey is a really good actor and she just kinda faded in the background. Her role was to basically be the good looking one. That's it.

The Captain

And she looked good then..so it was a role she could handle. Now I don't even think she looks good, so she just annoys me.

Mazzy

She never was good looking, I just didn't want to say ugly because everyone has something about them that's appealing but she just seemed like how a typical blonde seems. Justin can do so much better.

Crazylegs

Quote from: "Mazzy"She never was good looking

Never was good looking........ what!!!! Man you got a problem.

dusttones

who is a good director then?

he just got fame from kill bill...which owns face....whats tha problem with sucess? he is an excellent director...fact.

The Captain

Kubrick is...was a good director. Tim Burton is a good director (for the most part). Cameron Crowe is a good director. There are plenty more, but I can't think of names at the moment.

Tarantino was good, but he is no longer cool or original. All Tarantino's movies feel the same and that's what bothers me, I could care less about success. Besides, he's got attention looong before Kill Bill, the previous success is why that movie was so fucking hyped to begin with. And yeah it was entertaining and enjoyable, but I could've watched any of his other movies and got the same thing out of it. I think he peaked long ago and now he lives off his name.

4th Eye

Quote from: "hydroponic82"FMJ wasnt about the army , it was about the marines .  a freind of mine (a marine) cant watch that movie , says it fucks with his head. :cry:
Well, here in Finland army and marines are kind of the same thing or combined into one. And FMJ reminded me enough of what I went through. It doesn't fuck with my head though cuz I sometimes liked army.

And thanks to makoe5 for reminding me of Tigerland. It's been on my need-to-watch-list but then I forgot it.

Quote from: "one weak"scorcese WAS good. i didn't like the aviator. but c'mon, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, etc. you know his older films
I haven't seen his newer films (meaning movies made this century) but I doubt I'd like them much. His old stuff, on the other hand, is good...Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas etc.

And Cameron Diaz was at her best in Mask but she's still good looking. I'd tap that.

By the way, I just bought few good movies I've seen zillion times but can watch another zillion times. T2, Predator, Die Hard and The Silence Of The Lambs. Special editions and director's cuts and all that shit. I'm gonna have a movie night tonight.

jv_

just saw kung fu hustle
good movie, really funny also