Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feeling like more

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"
Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "4th Eye"
Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"Saw the movie City of God a few days back, and my god it's sweet. Has so many cool elements and is truly a deeply emotional film. Very artistic aswell.

Next up is Irreversable. Anyone seen it?
The brazilian movie? I think it was good but still overrated. I can't see anything so magnificent there.

And I'm about to watch Irreversible in the next few days...I've heard it's sick. *high expectations* :D
Irreversable has a pretty damn sick 10-15 minute long rape scene.

Looking forward to it, haha.

Yeah, the rape scene is painful to watch. So is the first twenty minutes. That's the main reason why people walked out on the film. But Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci are hot and the performances are spectacular for it being improv.

is this the movie which works backwards?

BigDave

hitchhikers guide was pretty funny, very wierd, but funny; i may read the book's some time.

The Captain

Quote from: "Mazzy"My mate lent me Coffee and Cigarettes. Two of my favourite things and now it's a movie. I still gotta watch it before I say anything. I mean, I'm already loving the title...
It's a good movie...despite the cigarettes.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "feeling like more"
Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"
Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "4th Eye"
Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"Saw the movie City of God a few days back, and my god it's sweet. Has so many cool elements and is truly a deeply emotional film. Very artistic aswell.

Next up is Irreversable. Anyone seen it?
The brazilian movie? I think it was good but still overrated. I can't see anything so magnificent there.

And I'm about to watch Irreversible in the next few days...I've heard it's sick. *high expectations* :D
Irreversable has a pretty damn sick 10-15 minute long rape scene.

Looking forward to it, haha.

Yeah, the rape scene is painful to watch. So is the first twenty minutes. That's the main reason why people walked out on the film. But Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci are hot and the performances are spectacular for it being improv.

is this the movie which works backwards?

Yeah, it is.

The Captain

The Captain

watched The Final Cut last night. I enjoyed it, good sci-fi thriller.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also watched Kids and I feel terrible just for watching it. It felt more like a documentary than a movie and that's what makes it so fucked up, cause it's too real...but honestly how is that ugly little bitch getting laid at all?? That part is NOT realistic, haha.

tarkil

Quote from: "The Captain"EDIT: Oh yeah, also watched Kids and I feel terrible just for watching it. It felt more like a documentary than a movie and that's what makes it so fucked up, cause it's too real...but honestly how is that ugly little bitch getting alid at all?? That part is NOT realistic, haha.

You should have a look at Bully too. It's from the same guy (Larry Clark), and it's pretty fucked up too!

Oh and Nowhere and The Doom Generation. They are from Gregg Arakki who is a quite crazy guy too...
But they are worth seeing it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

The Captain

Bully looks good, I'll look for it.

Nowhere says it's the 3rd film in a trilogy, what are the first 2? I must see them in order or not at all.

I might just have to see The Doom Generation just for Skinny Puppy.

tarkil

Don't know about the first two of the Trilogy for Nowhere, but I think you can really have a look at it single !

The Doom Generation is really a great movie, my favourite from the three I told you... If you find it somewhere do not hesitate... :)

The Captain

I'll definitely look. It's crazy what Hollywood does and doesn't have, so I hope they have them.

tarkil

Bully

Cant find other ones (but I searched for like 20 seconds...), and even this torrent looks crap (one seed, 5 leeches).

Jerry_Curls

I am almost cried in Bully. Watch Ken Park also.

Ummm Dancer in the Dark is one of the few movies to actually make me cry. I <3 B'jork.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

feeling like more

just got back from watching Episode 3. its fuckin excellent. imo definately the best star wars film.

i loved it :D still on a star wars high :lol: nerd!!

Paint Your Lips

Just rented Irriversible. - Gonna watch it later, can't fucking wait.

Saw Sin City last night, it's fucking awesome. Really nice! -Grusome, evil, fun and action packed! haha.

A review and an article about it on www.magwerk.com

alvarezbassist17

there are few movies i've seen with poorer dialogue than episode III.  what an abortion.

The Captain

Went to Hollywood last night, they didn't have any of the movies on DVD. They did have Bully on VHS, but I hate VHS..I might get it next time though.

I got Dirty Pretty Things and Ocean's Twelve

Dirty Pretty Things was OK, not as sad or fucked up as it seemed, and Audrey Tatou was MUCH better in Amélie

Ocean's Twelve was pretty good. I thought did a good job of keeping the spirirt of the first one, I was really worried about that. A remake is one thing, but a sequel to a remake is just blasphemy, but as far as blasphemy goes, I enjoyed it.

Malpractice

Quote from: "The Captain"
Ocean's Twelve was pretty good. I thought did a good job of keeping the spirirt of the first one, I was really worried about that. A remake is one thing, but a sequel to a remake is just blasphemy, but as far as blasphemy goes, I enjoyed it.

both of those movies should of never been made

Quote from: "The Captain"Oh yeah, also watched Kids and I feel terrible just for watching it. It felt more like a documentary than a movie and that's what makes it so fucked up, cause it's too real...but honestly how is that ugly little bitch getting laid at all?? That part is NOT realistic, haha.

i haven't seen that in so fucking long. i remember laughing my ass off at most of it though

Quote from: "xcrossx1"King Of New York

now that's a good movie

The Captain

Yeah, when I was watching Kids, I thought of you, haha, cause it's set in NY.

Mazzy

Larry Clark is a genious in my opinion. I really like the confrontational aspect to his movies. The storylines have been quite disturbing but he is a brillian man nonetheless.

I have been meaning to watch Irreversable sometime this week. My boss has been telling me about it for ages.

xcrossx1

Star Wars Episode III was pretty damn good.