Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

I layed in bed yesterday morning high as fuck and put Right In Two on my ipod.

I'm not bein' funny, but it was fucking incredible. An absolute experience. You know like in movies somebody plays something cool for someone in some headphones, and then the person who listened throws off the phones and is like "Fuck!!" or something? It was like that.

law

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 01, 2006, 07:05 AM
I layed in bed yesterday morning high as fuck and put Right In Two on my ipod.

I'm not bein' funny, but it was fucking incredible. An absolute experience. You know like in movies somebody plays something cool for someone in some headphones, and then the person who listened throws off the phones and is like "Fuck!!" or something? It was like that.

I had that with Wings pt 2 aswell... awesome feeling!

ToneDef

Yeah man its like you're in the music. Like it's happening around you. The "Angels on the sidelines" part was just immense. And that last "Right in two" he sings all high, I was like whoa.

Oldnewtype

i have entire cds i make that do something like that to me

deathblow

me too....  and all 6 tool records do that for me. hahahah MUHAHAH MUUUHAHAHAH tool owns..

ToneDef

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Sep 01, 2006, 05:56 PM

How did you find that Classic Euphoria CD I upped a litle while ago in the d/l thread? I got a lot more of that kinda stuff I'm gonna up all together soon. That's the main type of music that usually does that shit to me.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 01, 2006, 07:05 AM
I layed in bed yesterday morning high as fuck

hahaha, that made me laugh. but i know what u say. good feelings come from that band tool. a friend of mine said, no matter what...when someone puts Tool on, no one talks to each other, they just sit and listen.
<

Oldnewtype

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 02, 2006, 07:02 AM
Quote from: Oldnewtype on Sep 01, 2006, 05:56 PM

How did you find that Classic Euphoria CD I upped a litle while ago in the d/l thread? I got a lot more of that kinda stuff I'm gonna up all together soon. That's the main type of music that usually does that shit to me.

it was cool but that sure as hell didnt do it

my cds are mix cds i make, always one 80-minute track with almost no silence between tracks, and are usually songs ive reflected on a wholelot or find alot of spiritual meaning in.

theyre mostly for when im tripping. I used the wings for marie synch up thing for one and reflection on another.

Jerry_Curls

Can someone up 100000000 days for me?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Corleone

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 01, 2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah man its like you're in the music. Like it's happening around you. The "Angels on the sidelines" part was just immense. And that last "Right in two" he sings all high, I was like whoa.

lol good tune

Jerry_Curls

I was listening to the new albumf or the first time last night....I like it, but it's missing something. I feel like it goes nowhere...like the songs don't have any weight to them. It feels like its the same guitar strumming/style throughout. The vocals bug me the most. I don't know...it's a good album, but I didn't feel really aything after hearing it. I wasn't blown away.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

tarkil

Listen to it again, and again, and again : remember, it's tool : it will obviously grow up on you while time passes... It's always hard to get everything from a Tool album at the first listens...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftoolsys07

yeah this album took a while to get into, but i don't think i enjoy it as much as i do the others. i mean with aenima i sit there and rock out and there was so much depth to it, emotionally, lyrically, musically, all that. it just isn't the same with 10k days. rosetta stoned is nice though.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Oldnewtype

one thinged that pissed me off really bad when i was first hearing it was my brther kept saying "yeah its good, but maynard sounds too much like he did in APC"

ToneDef

It takes a lot of listens. It's still growing on me. Listening high also just adds a whole other layer.

deathblow

the problem with me and tool songs is, i just analyze the shit out of them musically and figure out all the guitar parts in 5 days or less,  so i catch onto the songs quickly, but its hard to enjoy them, especially high, because all im doing is following the beats and playing the riffs in my head. i miss just kicking back and listening, although i did that at the show, aside from being eyelocked on danny and adam.....  and maynard and justin ofcoarse, i mean they were all just 10 feet away :)

law

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 07, 2006, 06:51 AM
It takes a lot of listens. It's still growing on me. Listening high also just adds a whole other layer.

yeah too right... it really is totally different as you pick up on the moody elements a hell of a lot more. Can't do that at the moment tho... run out of weed d'oh! :(

Gaz

Quote from: law on Sep 08, 2006, 01:40 PM

yeah too right... it really is totally different as you pick up on the moody elements a hell of a lot more. Can't do that at the moment tho... run out of weed d'oh! :(

I'm yet to be high while listening to 10,000 Days, but the day should come soon (well, when my Dad's plants are ready...lol)

Jerry_Curls

Saw them last night.

The lazer show was tight.

they played like 4 old songs which were spot on and great. The new songs were cool, but they bore me. Especially the 11 minutes one.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

ToneDef

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Sep 10, 2006, 12:08 AM
Quote from: law on Sep 08, 2006, 01:40 PM

I'm yet to be high while listening to 10,000 Days, but the day should come soon (well, when my Dad's plants are ready...lol)

I remember seeing those pics of the plants. You're gonna be having yourself some fun, mate.