tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 10, 2006, 08:01 AM
Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Sep 10, 2006, 12:08 AM
Quote from: law on Sep 08, 2006, 01:40 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 07, 2006, 06:51 AM
It takes a lot of listens. It's still growing on me. Listening high also just adds a whole other layer.

yeah too right... it really is totally different as you pick up on the moody elements a hell of a lot more. Can't do that at the moment tho... run out of weed d'oh! :(

I'm yet to be high while listening to 10,000 Days, but the day should come soon (well, when my Dad's plants are ready...lol)

I remember seeing those pics of the plants. You're gonna be having yourself some fun, mate.

Indeed mate, not long now either, just a couple more weeks then the drying process begins. We've had a huge weed drought in our area for around a month now.

ToneDef

Yeah I'm finding it hard to get hold of any too. I got a little bit left in a baggie I'm about to smoke and should hopefully be picking up some dirty soapbar within next few days. It's a shame 'cause I got 6 different flavoured blunt wraps just waitin to be filled with some fresh 'erb. I envy you man.

Alvar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK06ZgBHZ38

what u think about the new white stage and the laser effects?

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Chrisbo

I reckon it's pretty cool! Cant wait to see them again!

What makes me happy with that video though is that they're playing 10,000 Days

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

law

Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 11, 2006, 03:42 AM
Yeah I'm finding it hard to get hold of any too. I got a little bit left in a baggie I'm about to smoke and should hopefully be picking up some dirty soapbar within next few days. It's a shame 'cause I got 6 different flavoured blunt wraps just waitin to be filled with some fresh 'erb. I envy you man.

Yeah same here... been so fucking dry around here. had to get a 1/4 from fucking Wigan lol!

Ghost you're gonna have a hell of a time hehe.

Oldnewtype

sucks for you guys, ive been stoned as hell for like two weeks now.

anyone got any good Tool mix cds? i figured I'd make one today and this is what I came up with:

1. Part of Me
2. 4 Degrees
3. H.
4. Eon Blue Apocalypse
5. The Patient
6. You Lied
7. Undertow
8. Jambi
9. Forty Six & 2
10. Lateralus
11. Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)
12. Rosetta Stoned

wanted to try to fit third eye in there somewhere but didint really work...curious to see what kind of mixes you guys have come up with in the past.

Chrisbo

My bro has made a few in the past, using most of the Tool songs.

1. Pushit
2. The Patient
3. Right In Two
4. Forty Six & 2
5. The Grudge
6. Eulogy
7. The Pot
8. Schism
9. H
10. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt.2)

1. Third Eye
2. Part Of Me
3. Vicarious
4. Undertow
5. Lateralus
6. Hooker With A Penis
7. Sober
8. Rosetta Stoned
9. Parabola
10. Hush
11. Prison Sex
12. Jimmy

1. Wings For Marie (Pt. 1)
2. Ticks & Leeches
3. 4°
4. Ænema
5. Intolerance
6. Sweat
7. Jambi
8. Reflection
9. Bottom
10. Opiate
11. Stinkfist
12. Flood

Personally, my favourite mix there is the first one, because simply it has my favourite tracks on it.

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Alvar

1. Lost Keys
2. Rosetta Stoned
3. Opiate
4. 10000 days
5. 46 & 2
6. Pushit
7. Schism
8. Vicarious
9. Jambi
10. The Grudge
11. Lateralus

That would be my best of

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Fireal1222

my best of tool cd would have all of lateralus

and then some other songs on top, like jambi and so on

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 18, 2006, 10:14 PM
my best of tool cd would have all of lateralus

agreed

Deadradio

Saw Tool with Isis last night in Chicago, 1 word "amazing"

Gaz

My tool mix on my ipod for when i'm high is always

1. Jambi
2. Schism
3. Sober
4. Pushit
5. Lateralus
6. The Pot
7. Parabol / Parabola
8. Stinkfist
9. Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
10. Third Eye (Salival Live Version)
11. The Grudge
12. Aenima
13. Right in Two
14. 46 & 2
15. Vicarious

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Sep 19, 2006, 06:00 PM
My tool mix on my ipod for when i'm high is always

1. Jambi
2. Schism
3. Sober
4. Pushit
5. Lateralus
6. The Pot
7. Parabol / Parabola
8. Stinkfist
9. Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
10. Third Eye (Salival Live Version)
11. The Grudge
12. Aenima
13. Right in Two
14. 46 & 2
15. Vicarious

now that's a great mix.

hooker with a penis should also be there though :)

neutron liar

Madison was cancelled last night.  I had friends who had tix for that.  Im waiting to hear from them on their disappointment.

Mascara Snake

Tool are playin Dublin in November but i couldnt be arsed draggin my ass 100 miles to see them!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Chrisbo

Quote from: neutron liar on Sep 20, 2006, 02:32 PM
Madison was cancelled last night.  I had friends who had tix for that.  Im waiting to hear from them on their disappointment.

Yeah I heard about that. And ISIS arranged a last minute concert, which was pretty good of them!

Maximum Bob

News:

Mayonaise James Keenan said the next record is slated to be released in the year 2016, when asked why, mayonaise replyed "I'm a lazy nigger."

Azwethinkweiz

Chrisbo

Well I dont think it's gonna be ISIS that's going to be supporting Tool here in Europe - from the Mastodon thread

Quote from: Chrisbo on Sep 22, 2006, 07:22 PM
I think I just died and this is the spirit of me typing just now

Mastodon have been con firmed to support Tool on their upcoming UK tour. The dates are Manchester MEN November 25, Glasgow SECC 25, London Wembley Arena 27, Cardiff International Arena 30, Nottingham Arena December 1.

http://www.totalrock.com/newsstory.php?id=EEVlluFpVkPdEjvJdM

I've read somewhere else that they're going to be doing the whole of the European tour, not just the UK.

This is the best gig ever, no shit, no shit! AGHGAFGAgfhJKL:HJFSHGHSKGKHGSFK :D :D :D ;D

I am so fucking excited! I know that some people maybe dont dig Mastodon that much, but along with Tool and that, they are amongst my top 5 bands, so I am so fucking excited, I repeat so fucking excited.

No ISIS, but they'll no doubt do their own tour anyway, in small places, which is where they're more suited!

Gaz

Quote from: Maximum Bob on Sep 21, 2006, 02:02 AM
News:

Mayonaise James Keenan said the next record is slated to be released in the year 2016, when asked why, mayonaise replyed "I'm a lazy nigger."

you try to hard, just don't bother next time.