Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Porcupine Tree

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 13, 2006, 07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

Who else listens to this wonderful and amazing band? They're like the Pink Floyd of our generation with a metal edge to them.
If you havent heard them then listen to this amazing song called Trains.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S7OALFX7ACYR31S2V5O25L1IN

fireflyry

Nup but heard heaps about them.Cheers for the upload man.

:)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

4th Eye

I prefer Deadwing over In Absentia and haven't heard other stuff that often (even though I have two other albums in my comp). I don't find much so awesome parts but they're always a good band to listen to. Really liking them but probably never reach the top ten.

And I don't know about the "pink floyd of our generation" thing. Even though a lot of PF fans apparently like them I don't see much resemblance. And they're almost next to PF in my playlist...

Crazylegs

Fear of a Blank Planet
01-06-2007

Roadrunner Records and Atlantic USA have officially announced the release of the new Porcupine Tree album "Fear of a Blank Planet" in mid April. The album features six (mostly lengthy) tracks, and is the band's most ambitious and cohesive work to date. Much of it was debuted last year on tour to a rapturous response from fans.

The lyrical content of the song-cycle on the album is a 21st century cocktail of MTV, sex, prescription drugs, video games, the internet, terminal boredom, and subsequent escape.

Juicy Fruit

I already have my ticket to see them live in Nottingham in April. They're an amazing band from what I've heard but I need to listen to more of their stuff.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Crazylegs

Fuck you for having that ticket yo. I wish i was swimming in cash. Hopefully they won't quit in the next few years. Btw have any of you heard the futile ep. It's amazing.

Starz

Thanks to a member on here, about a month a go I discovered the amazing 'In Absentia' and after the whole album was finished, I really couldn't believe I hadn't heard anything by them before... A trullly amazing album by a band I wish I had discovered years a go...

Crazylegs

that's how i felt when i first heard them.

neurotic

they're amazing band. i adore heartattack in a layby and russia on ice... great band. wish i could see them live...
...never trust the obvious...

lostpilot

I really love Lips of Ashes and Collapse Light into Earth.
Great tracks.

Though, other albums except In Absentia do not get me on.

black coffee

not that you mention this album, I have seen them around that time when they released In Absentia. it was a good experience for a young kid, but the albums after that were pretty boring. imo.

Crazylegs

Deadwing is awesome

siL.

Lightbulb Sun is also really good if you ever get a chance to listen to it. If you like DeadWing & In Absentia, its less metal but still has that Pink Floyd/Crosby Stills & Nash feel to it.

Frankz0r

I like them a lot, and they're good doing prog stuff... I can't remember the good songs because I lost all my files, but there are a lot of those good songs ;)

law

Really good band, In Absentia is tops. I do think they lack something at points but overallt they are very good.

The Sound of Muzak :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

oldgentlovecraft

Deadwing is my favorite album, bar none.  I have On the Sunday of Life, Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, Deadwing, and Stars Die: The Delerium Years (a comp).  The more I listen to them the more I like them.  Good shit.

Crazylegs

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 31, 2007, 10:17 PM
not that you mention this album, I have seen them around that time when they released In Absentia. it was a good experience for a young kid, but the albums after that were pretty boring. imo.

Best av ever.

I saw Porcupine Tree when they toured with Opeth after Opeth released Damnation. They were pretty fucking good live, but I found their albums quite boring.

Drakesmoke1

It's like Akerfeldt's favourite band. I think one of them produced Ghost Reveries. I'm gonna check this out
'That island, on the beach. We could take this boat...'

justaphase

can some1  upload deadwing

i wanna see if it tops in absentia