Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Porcupine Tree

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 13, 2006, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

333tone

The first video from the new album, Fear Of A Blank Planet, for the s/t track, which can't be found on their site, cause the video premiere happened the same day the shooting happened at Virginia Tech 

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kfqc4o

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Juicy Fruit

Ooooh I went to see them play Rock City in Nottingham on the 22nd. One of the best gigs I've been to. Amplifier were the support which was a very pleasant surprise - good band aswell!
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Crazylegs

I can't wait till july.

Crazylegs

New Ep caleld Nil Recurring was released in september, i just found out. It's greatness.

Deadradio

can someone re-up the albums? I haven't heard to much from them and it sounds interesting as hell. Thanks in advance

Zevaka

In Absentia was brilliant. My falt is that it was 1st album i listened from them
After it other things by Porc. Tree don't look great

Crazylegs

Quote from: Deadradio on Nov 08, 2007, 04:16 PM
can someone re-up the albums? I haven't heard to much from them and it sounds interesting as hell. Thanks in advance

you'll find some of them on www.thepiratebay.org

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I don't like Porcupine Tree anymore. After seeing them I got into them a little bit, but it didn't take long before they bored me to tears.

Crazylegs

That's not a good thing.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Around the same time I got bored of Opeth.

Crazylegs

[youtube=425,350]krtkPF1OpOU[/youtube]

sounds good.

mr.sinister

Been listening to In Absentia a lot recently. Great album I must say. Trains, Sound of Muzak and Gravity Eyelids ftw!

I want to buy the record though. So I might go to Amazon and order it!

I also heard that an album of theirs called "Lightbulb Sun" has been re-packaged, and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. This album any good?

I also downloaded Stupid Dream, but not the remastered version. Good album too, but In Absentia is miles better.

lostpilot

Quote from: mr.sinister on Oct 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
Trains, Sound of Muzak and Gravity Eyelids ftw!

ha, my favourite songs off this album :)

Crazylegs

[quote author=mr.sinister link=topic=7827.msg612727#msg612727 date=1224713085

I also heard that an album of theirs called "Lightbulb Sun" has been re-packaged, and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. This album any good?

I also downloaded Stupid Dream, but not the remastered version. Good album too, but In Absentia is miles better.
[/quote]

Everything from stupid dream up til now is gold.

mr.sinister

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
[quote author=mr.sinister link=topic=7827.msg612727#msg612727 date=1224713085

Everything from stupid dream up til now is gold.
[/quote]
Cool. Im gonna buy it then. Does it have a nice metal edge to it like In Absentia?

mr.sinister

Quote from: Crazylegs on Mar 13, 2007, 11:24 PM
[youtube=425,350]io1EcACxOZA[/youtube].
What is this video about?

Crazylegs

Quote from: mr.sinister on Oct 23, 2008, 07:33 AM
Cool. Im gonna buy it then. Does it have a nice metal edge to it like In Absentia?

no. but everything from in absentia up til now does.

mr.sinister

These dudes are gonna release a new live DVD most likely in April and a new album in September. This band is just pure awesomeness = )! And they also might remaster and rerelease the out of print album "Recordings". So 2008 looks like another great year for PT and PT fans.

Been listening a lot of Fear of a Blank Planet lately. It is pure gold. Fuck anyone who disagrees. Anesthetize is a hell of a song.

Crazylegs

QuoteThe Incident is a stunning 55-minute musical statement, described by vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Steven Wilson as "a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that 'after this, things will never be the same again.'"  The seeds of the idea that led to The Incident came to Wilson as he became caught up in a highway traffic jam while driving past an accident.

"There was a sign saying 'POLICE – INCIDENT' and everyone was slowing down to rubber neck to see what had happened," he recalls. "Afterwards, it struck me that 'incident' is a very detached word for something so destructive and traumatic for the people involved. And then I had the sensation that the spirit of someone that had died in the accident entered into my car and was sitting next to me.

"The irony of such a cold expression for such seismic events appealed to me, and I began to pick out other 'incidents' reported in the media and news," continues Wilson. "I wrote about the evacuation of teenage girls from a religious cult in Texas, a family terrorizing its neighbors, a body found floating in a river by some people on a fishing trip, and more. Each song is written in the first person and tries to humanize the detached media reportage."

Additionally, Wilson delved back into incidents in his own life that had profoundly affected him, including a lost childhood friendship, a séance, his first love and the day that he decided to give up secure employment to follow his dream of making music.

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December – "Flicker,"  "Bonnie The Cat," "Black Dahlia" and "Remember Me Lover" – housed on a separate CD to stress their independence from the title track.

Porcupine Tree – completed by Gavin Harrison (drums), Colin Edwin (bass), and Richard Barbieri (keyboards) – took a video camera into the recording studio, capturing a few moments to share with fans. Explore the behind-the-scenes footage here.

Coming to the recording sessions following his first ever solo album, November 2008's Insurgentes, Wilson admits that the experience of having worked alone affected the direction of The Incident. "Possibly because of having done that, this record is darker, expansive, and more experimental," he theorizes. "But when I write for Porcupine Tree, I know the sound I'm after."