Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Albums that changed you.

Started by fireflyry, May 03, 2006, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz

Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
I remmeber back in 2000 I was into cold....the end of the world....but cmon, how can that shit change you?

btw a lot of shit here. you all have a shit taste in music.

says that pop music is shit but that "bsides" bands are all a bunch of puke.

I don't understand. It's one of my favourite albums, why is it not alright to say this changed me? *confused*

snw777

Its ok man, you like what you like but that was my opinion.

Shaye

Quote from: Starz on Apr 17, 2008, 09:09 PM
Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
I remmeber back in 2000 I was into cold....the end of the world....but cmon, how can that shit change you?

btw a lot of shit here. you all have a shit taste in music.

says that pop music is shit but that "bsides" bands are all a bunch of puke.

I don't understand. It's one of my favourite albums, why is it not alright to say this changed me? *confused*

For some people, it's "their way" or "now way" I guess. Some people can't see or understand things outside of how it relates to themselves maybe. I don't know. Don't lose sleep over it, it's the way of the world.   ;)

Starz

It's ok I didn't mean anything bad by what I said... I was just curious tis all. I am off to Amsterdam for the weekend in a few hours btw for my 21st birthday.

Shaye

Quote from: Starz on Apr 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
It's ok I didn't mean anything bad by what I said... I was just curious tis all. I am off to Amsterdam for the weekend in a few hours btw for my 21st birthday.

Happy 21st! Live it up.

snw777

Quote from: Shaye on Apr 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
For some people, it's "their way" or "now way" I guess. Some people can't see or understand things outside of how it relates to themselves maybe. I don't know. Don't lose sleep over it, it's the way of the world.   ;)

I said that was ok, is his opinion. Dont try to act like you dont agree with some albums that CHANGED people here...

But here in this board people use to like just what is not related to pop music, they think is cool think they are alternative; they like what not a lot of people like...some just like Justin Timberlake cos Chino likes, you know?

And others like 80s bands cos Chino likes...I think people here dont have too much personalit...

and yes, a lot of shit bands here.

Quote from: Starz on Apr 17, 2008, 09:27 PM

thats great, happy birthday.

Shaye

Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 09:31 PM

I said that was ok, is his opinion. Dont try to act like you dont agree with some albums that CHANGED people here...

But here in this board people use to like just what is not related to pop music, they think is cool think they are alternative; they like what not a lot of people like...some just like Justin Timberlake cos Chino likes, you know?

And others like 80s bands cos Chino likes...I think people here dont have too much personalit...

LOL. How can I not agree that certain albums changed people? If they say it did, it did. Just because it hasn't changed me doesn't mean that it's factually "shit music". I mean you're entitled to your opinion on whether you like a band, but I believe you asked, "how can that ridiculous shit change soemone". I don't know how, but it obviously did for them, so that's their thing.

Theirs a boat load of albums and band listed by people in this thread that I have either 1.) Never heard of, or 2.) If I have heard of them, never really listened to them so i generally don't make judgements saying whether it could have changed someone or not.

I'm not arguing with you for the sake of argument, just trying to figure out where you're coming from. I can say, that every band/album that I listed is what I love and stuff I remember listening to and being fascinated by it. I mean you just seem so angry that people aren't listing what you think is good. And then you say you don't think people have personality...if they all put stuff you agreed with, how much personality would their be then? None.

snw777

yes, how can marylin mason change lifes? pure shit.

for example...Im not much into REM, but if someone said that Reveal changed their life, ok. another...Deep Purple, Jethro Tull...not fan of them, but they change lifes...maybe

You see shit like 311, Pantera, and all the Mike Patton related stuff changing lifes???????????

Yes, that sucks.

snw777

Slipknot, Strokes............vincent gallo............damn;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Shaye

Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 09:58 PM

for example...Im not much into REM, but if someone said that Reveal changed their life, ok. another...Deep Purple, Jethro Tull...not fan of them, but they change lifes...maybe

You see shit like 311, Pantera, and all the Mike Patton related stuff changing lifes???????????

Yes, that sucks.

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I only know Mike Patton from Faith No More and I never really listened to Pantera, but 311 absolutely changed me personally as far as music goes, especially their early stuff...not the shit that got voted onto TRL a few times. Their a great band, very musically talented with a lot of different styles. That's just my tastes. It's not the only thing I listen to, but ti's one of my favorites. I think a lot of it, depends on people's age, where they grew up and overall what they were exposed to. Not everyone is the same...that's the beauty of it.

snw777

yeah, ok.
But if youre not 15 anymore and slipknot still changes your life youre retarded.

Shaye

LOL. I've never listened to slipknot...and no I'm not 15...

snw777

I know, that was not directed to you.

theis

Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 10:16 PM
yeah, ok.
But if youre not 15 anymore and slipknot still changes your life youre retarded.

so, you're actually comparing Slipknot to Pantera and Faith No More? you're the one who's retarded.

devilinside

Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 09:58 PM

Yes, that sucks.
Quote from: Shaye on Apr 17, 2008, 09:44 PM
Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 09:31 PM

LOL. How can I not agree that certain albums changed people? If they say it did, it did. Just because it hasn't changed me doesn't mean that it's factually "shit music". I mean you're entitled to your opinion on whether you like a band, but I believe you asked, "how can that ridiculous shit change soemone". I don't know how, but it obviously did for them, so that's their thing.

Theirs a boat load of albums and band listed by people in this thread that I have either 1.) Never heard of, or 2.) If I have heard of them, never really listened to them so i generally don't make judgements saying whether it could have changed someone or not.

I'm not arguing with you for the sake of argument, just trying to figure out where you're coming from. I can say, that every band/album that I listed is what I love and stuff I remember listening to and being fascinated by it. I mean you just seem so angry that people aren't listing what you think is good. And then you say you don't think people have personality...if they all put stuff you agreed with, how much personality would their be then? None.

Well said.

And Raf, why are you soo worried about what people like? Things affect people differently...just like I think all that shit you listen to is complete bile,but hey,you like it and I dont say shit about it. Respect what other people like or simply fuck off.

snw777

ok.

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 18, 2008, 01:25 PM
Quote from: snw777 on Apr 17, 2008, 10:16 PM
yeah, ok.

so, you're actually comparing Slipknot to Pantera and Faith No More? you're the one who's retarded.

..............where I was comparing them?
I said slipknot cos someone mentioned them.

Sushi-X

Radiohead-OK Computer
Nirvana-Nevermind
Nine Inch Nails-The Fragile
Deftones-S/T

Rocket Skates '94

stuka

Deftones - Deftones
Fear Before The March Of Flames - Art Damage
NIN - Live: Beside You In Time
Rammstein - Mutter
face teh load.

Deadradio

whodunit?

Quote from: Deadradio on Apr 22, 2008, 01:19 AM
Team Sleep

whoa! how can this change somebody's life? I don't say no, but CHANGE LIFE? How? I'm interested in hearing the story behind the choice.