Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle
King Crimson - Discipline
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
The Beatles - The Beatles
Genesis - Foxtrot

I'm sure theres more

indychinoluv

As lame as it sounds, I can't put a finger on any type of music.
Its been all around me since birth and has never left.
...but
Metallica, slayer and Death made me want to learn how to play fast and technical
Nirvana taught me how to craft a catchy song

Muzic Junkie

old threads yay.

U2 - the joshua tree. My fave album of all time, for everyone of the songs on this album, i actually feel somthing.
Deftones in general - I just love these guys in general. i can't say they make me think anything special

Jimmy Eat World - One song actually . The middle, it got me through some tough times XD

Can't think of anymore

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

Tool's Lateralus did change me very much.
Deftones self titled.
mewithoutYou's 'Catch for Us the Foxes'
Sigur Ros' 'Takk..'
and of course Explosions in the Sky 'Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place'
and, well, Nine Inch Nails' 'Downward Spiral'

and in the far far past Linkin Park's 'Hybrid Theory'.

Corleone

Deftones - white pony
Radiohead - ok computer
TMV - Deloused

lithium

Quote from: lithium royalty on May 03, 2006, 04:56 PM
the fragile by nine inch nails

this album was the soundtrack to one of the most difficult parts of my life.
a lof of drugs where consumed to the tune of this record.
a lot of mistakes where made to this music.

i hold this album dear to my heart, in many ways i find that if the music wasnt playing, i'd be dead.

💩

devilinside

Quote from: lithium on Oct 27, 2008, 01:45 AM
Quote from: lithium royalty on May 03, 2006, 04:56 PM
the fragile by nine inch nails

this album was the soundtrack to one of the most difficult parts of my life.
a lof of drugs where consumed to the tune of this record.
a lot of mistakes where made to this music.

i hold this album dear to my heart, in many ways i find that if the music wasnt playing, i'd be dead.

What were those mistakes??hmmmmm??

lithium

💩

Battle-Axe

Deftones - Deftones: I got into them around this era and I still get shivers every time Hexagram starts

System Of A Down - Toxicity: heard it when I was about 13 and it changed my views on music forever. I have no doubt this album is what got me into heavier music

Profane - The Day We Scorched The Sky: been into this local band for a couple years now but I only first saw them live last July supporting Mnemic. Picked this album up the day after [about a week after it was re-released] and never before have I listened to an album as much as this one. I still listen to it pretty much daily and also the fact that I'm friends with them now, it just brings back memories of some awesome times with them... even though I haven't really known them that long :)

Jizzlobber

Ac/Dc- Back in Black
Iron Maiden - Killers
Nirvana - Nevermind
Guns n Roses - Appetite for destruction
Pantera - Vulgar display of power , TGSTK
Metallica - Black S/T
Korn - Issues
RATM - S/T
Deftones - Around the fur, WP
Eminem - Marshall mathers LP

they all throughout various points of my life changed my attitudes and perspectives on life, music, and emotions
<

Starz

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Oct 27, 2008, 11:35 AM

Profane - The Day We Scorched The Sky: been into this local band for a couple years now but I only first saw them live last July supporting Mnemic. Picked this album up the day after [about a week after it was re-released] and never before have I listened to an album as much as this one. I still listen to it pretty much daily and also the fact that I'm friends with them now, it just brings back memories of some awesome times with them... even though I haven't really known them that long :)

It's really good to read about that. I remember getting Profane's album when it was first relesed :) I also have a similar thing happen to me with a now defunct local band called Kilkus. Their album was the soundtrack to my life for almost 2 years. Man music can make you do things and only the feeling of love is as or more powerful than music.

Nailec

amplifier- amplifier
deftones - white pony
black sabbath- paranoid (my first album eva)
coheed and cambria - in keeping secrets
thursday - full collapse
jesu - jesu
sigur ros - () (not because its their best, but it introduced me to quite music and possibly post rock)
at the drive in - relationship of command
the fall of troy - doppelganger
michael jackson - thriller
mars volta - de loused...

cheachea

The Cure - Disintegration
Deftones- White Pony
Type O Negative- October Rust
Poyt Chops

E-Money

Team Sleep S/t

Radiohead Kid A

Dj Shadow Entroducing....

Glassjaw Worship and Tribute

Dr. Dre The Chronic 2001

lostpilot

+ Circa Survive - Juturna

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Starz on Oct 27, 2008, 10:17 PM
Quote from: Battle-Axe on Oct 27, 2008, 11:35 AM

It's really good to read about that. I remember getting Profane's album when it was first relesed :) I also have a similar thing happen to me with a now defunct local band called Kilkus. Their album was the soundtrack to my life for almost 2 years. Man music can make you do things and only the feeling of love is as or more powerful than music.

Awesome! :D I always figured I was the only person on here who, well, even knew who they were :P

I think it's that little bit more special when it's a local band cos you kinda watch them grow and play bigger shows and support bigger bands, and everyone tends to know each other at their gigs. Plus there's none of that I'm a rockstar bullshit and you can pretty much hang out with them at their shows too.. yea it's cool :]

frud

Deftones - Adrenaline
Deftones - White Pony
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Tool - Lateralus
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh

deafnotes

album that changed you? wtf is that ahaha

deafnotes

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Atomic on Apr 24, 2008, 09:54 AM
Greenday - American Idiot
Gorillaz - Demon Days
System Of A Down - Toxicity
(hed) P.E. - Broke
(hed) P.E. - Blackout
Buckethead & Friends - Enter The Chicken
Heavy Heavy Low Low - Everything's Watched, Everyone's Watching
Static-X - Cannibal

it makes sense to me now why your so angry at the world. and im not trying to be funny.. it made your whole board personality come to life as well.

since it seems like im making fun of you. one album that helped change my life was linkin park. hybrid theory. so you can poke fun at that if you like

i got into that cd in 8th grade. b4 anyone even know who LP was. then they got huge. and i hated them forever. but my god did i love hybrid theory. i miss the old days

hybrid theory one of the first album ive ever bought back in 2001 i think. i bought when i saw crawling videos (im not really into one step closer) i was 15.