Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ Tarkil

Started by fireflyry, Jun 25, 2006, 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Yeah, it's not very surprising to me that expatriates do vote massively for Sarkozy... Anyway, we'll see how it's going to be.

I don't really care though, as I don't live in France anymore...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Martin

Hey bro, what's up? How's things in the East?

tarkil

Hey my man...
Things are going the same way : work is OK, still note very interesting, but it brings the money in.
I got a new boss who is 10000000 times better than the old one, so this is great !

Else, outside of that, it's all great : beach + wakeboard + parties every week end, lots of hot girls around, lots of friends, a nice hot girlfriend (even though I'm not in love with her).

I may have some holidays coming soon ! Well, I was supposed to go to Malaysia for 2 weeks with a friend, but he broke his leg (sort of) so he's not sure he will be able to come. And I don't wanna go alone, so it's all unknown for now...

But yeah, I'm very happy with where I am, I'm letting my boat float around, and it's good to do so sometimes. I just hope I'll be able to take control of it again when I need it... ;)

What about you man ?

Martin

Sounds awesome my man! Friends, girls, travel, good job..yup. Sounds awesome indeed :)
Hope that vacation can go on. Wouldn't go out and do that on my own as well.

Here things are allright. Great friends, radioshow's still happening. Uni work is going alright. Need to have a talk about my bachelorpaper, see if it's done now (I sure hope so, I worked my ass off for it) and need to contact another professor about another paper, got a nice flexibel job, went out for a vacation a couple of weeks ago back to Suriname where I did my student internship two years (one of two trips I planned), great music. Single still though. Ovet time I met some nice girls, for a bit (ie made out with a couple, or a little longer) but no one stayed. I'll find someone though, eventually.

tarkil

Glad to know the majority of things is going well... As for girls man, it's always the same deal, when you don't have any, you want one, but when you have one, you wanna be single again. If you look for some nice ones, you cannot find any, but if you just live your life around without really searching, then some do appear...
It's crazy stuff man !

Don't worry it'll come ! It's not as if you were the ugliest piece of shit ever man... ;)

Suriname ? That looks very cool ! How is it in there ?  Where were you ? For how long ? Tell me more man !

Martin

Haha thanks bro! Nah, it's not like I'm searching and like you said, I've been living my life for years now, just trying to do that what feels right, basically being me. But sometimes I do miss that special someone, you know? But, overall I have a positive outlook: the future looks bright, let's go for it.

Suriname is a beautifull country. I had the change todo my student internship there and I did, I taught history and lived there for six and a half months, from september '04 untill april '05. And a couple of weeks ago, I went back for a short two week holiday, to catch a bit of the spirit again, to see people again, andsee my students.
It's funny, when people asked me when I got back in '05 if I was ever to return I said something like 'I don't know, the people I met there are gone (other students) so if I go back to soon, it will dissapoint. But if I ever go back, it will be when my secondyear students are taking there exam'. I said that as a timeframe, like, maybe in two years, and I now, I have actually done just that.
It's an awesome country again.
if you ever have the change to go there, definatly do, and contact me before, I'll tell you everything I know: about the country, the people, their culture, history and language and what to do and see.

But tell me some stuff about live in the Asian regions of the world 8)

tarkil

Well I didn't visit anything but Hong Kong and Tokyo for now (went once in China, close enough to the border with HK for it not to be that much of a change...). So I wouldn't be able to talk you about more than these ones !

But yeah, it's fucking awesome. It's the kind of place that if you go once, you become aware of how better it is compared to everything you already knew before. Even if you think the opposite before coming here, it's just because you have no clue. It's as crazy as that ! People are nice (even though Chinese are far from being the most welcoming ones...), everything is more convenient than you could ever have imagined, you have so many different stuff to do, you can find tons of heaven like places for what you like, whether it being ski, beach, trekking, party, culture stuff, etc.
Plus, when you're a foreigner working in a foreign company, you usually have a very nice situation money wise.

And it's kinda the place to be now and in the next XXX years because of fucking China taking over the world and stuff... :)

Anyway, as you guessed with my enthusiastic rant, I'm quite happy to be here !   :)

Martin

Hahah yeah I figured 8) Good to hear yout happy where you at. China's the place to be, indeed.
And with the financial backing of a foreign company, you can indulge a little in the country; culture, nature, going out etc.
Yesyes, that's the life :)

tarkil

Heavy metal yes yes... ;)

Martin

Hahah I now figured the double 'yes' I sometimes use in sentences actually comes from that hahah

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

tarkil

So when are you visiting the world bro ?
How's life treating you these days ?

fireflyry

Dude...Tarks....I'm bozed brother.How you doing friend?

Still in HK?

tarkil

Yeah still there man, not planning to move from there anytime soon.... ;)

And WTF does "bozed" mean ?

fireflyry

Translataion:

Drunk.

tarkil

Oh I see... Cool then.

What are you up to these days ? Same old ? Work during the week, and parties during the week end ?
What are the cool things to do in NZ during week ends ?

fireflyry

To be honest dude......

We go to parks or farms....smoke weed and take shit.....my friends trip out while I do fire staff and listen to RxQueen and spin fire.

Other than that we just hang at a house and drink/smoke weed like everyone else here.

You?

tarkil

Cool... I need to come do that one day man...

As for me it's all about beaches / boat trips and wakeboarding during the days, and at night, it's drunkness in bars and clubs...
All that with friends obviously ! Once in a while some house party here and there, kind of stuff like that...

All in all it's very cool.

I effin' love wakeboarding man... ;)

fireflyry

We will so get on well.

But we knew that.......

So rad....such a cool forum.

You still in HK?

tarkil

Quote from: fireflyry on Aug 09, 2007, 02:13 PM
Still in HK?

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 09, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah still there man, not planning to move from there anytime soon.... ;)

Quote from: fireflyry on Aug 09, 2007, 03:28 PM
You still in HK?

You still drunk ?  :)