Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ devilinside

Started by emotivelotion, Jul 26, 2006, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium

god those are cute
💩

devilinside

Aren't they! If you go back hundreds of pages on here,I've posted them before. Paula had one,can't remember his REAL name,but she called him poop dog cause he rolled in poop one day. hahah eww

lithium

doesnt trent have one?
💩

devilinside

He useded to. Muwahahahaha.. He's had a lab too. Now he has these.

lithium

when you see it, you'll shit bricks

[youtube=425,350]tri1lnjBGbw[/youtube]
💩

devilinside

Ok...the cartoon dudes have one?

And aww...

You should check out this site.

http://nowiamnothing.com/bio.html

lithium

i'll leave it up, i can read all that later when the interwebs is gone
💩

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 13, 2008, 03:53 AM
He useded to. Muwahahahaha.. He's had a lab too. Now he has these.

I used to have a greyhound exactly like the one on the left.  His name was magic ( we didn't name him ) we rescued him from a racing track in Tampa called Derby Lane.  They give them away.  You only pay like $100.00 for shots.  And you get this highly trained, beautiful, racing dog.  One of the fastest animals in the world at that.

devilinside

They are nice dogs. My boyfriend in high school used to have one. But they dont live that long. :(

Variable

nope.  10 years max.  they are too big

Variable

So I rarely admit how inept I am in certain areas of life.  But when it comes to music.  I dont get around much.  I tend to find one band or even album that I like and stick with it FOREVER.  im a very loyal person like that.  I just dont get tired of shit.  Its weird.  Anyways.  I somehow just listened to the NIN album "broken" and I FUCKING LOVE IT.  especially the song "last"  And because I just put it on my i-tunes and let it play.  It has also made me re discover "the downward spiral again" good shit.  I mean, "pretty hate machine" is still, and probably will always be, one of my favorite albums.  But im really digging
"broken"

lostpilot

The Downward Spiral > anything by NIN

Variable

I dont know about that.  But it is good

devilinside

Quote from: bored on Sep 13, 2008, 04:06 PM
The Downward Spiral > anything by NIN

Oh no my dear friend,that is in fact a very false statement! The Fragile is the most perfect,beautiful,genius album ever made.

And Trey,Broken is a fucking AMAZING album!! It's soo full of angst. Every time I hear Pinion I get chills,mainly because that's how NIN alway's started their shows. I really cant pick a favorite from that album,cause they all rock...I think the one I listen to the most from that album would be Happiness in Slavery. Last is awesome to...along with Wish and Gave up. 

Trent actually made a snuff film to this album.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIqqRIaR2I

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKYr6xyHuc

Here's the video for Happiness in Slavery...one of the most disturbing NIN videos i've ever seen,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akw3rUSMV8

Variable

sweet.  It will take me half a day to upload all of those,but im doing it.  And as of right now I keep listening to "physical" its great. I cant believe I was ever able to have sex without this song.

I always knew about Wish, gave up, and Happiness in slavory because when I got introduced to NIN my friend burnt me a mixed CD.  Then the other day i was like "fuck man, I havent heard wish in forever."  So I looked it up on itunes and figured out that there're are quite a few NIN songs I have never heard.  Bad news bears

emotivelotion

the fragile (left) FTW!!

what about fixed? dont you like it?

devilinside

I think Physical is my least favorite on the album. *hides*  And it's actually and Adam Ant cover...I KNOW! Trent did a cover! (ok so he's done one or two)

Do you have The Still album? It's all live studio music,and it's BEAUTIFUL! It's not hard,it's soft sounding,but it's got The Becoming  and Something I can never have. Here's a review I found about it. (yeah I know its long)

Odds are, you've never heard of Still. It was released as a bonus on the deluxe version of And All That Could Have Been, and outshines its live counterpart. A nine track album, it's made up of "unplugged" versions of nine inch nails songs, consisting of piano, acoustic guitar, and often light synths and drums. It features four redone old songs( Something I can Never Have, The Fragile, The Becoming, The Day the World Went Away) four instrumental songs ( Adrift and at Peace, Gone, Still (one song), The Persistence of Loss, Leaving Hope) and one all new track ( And All That Could Have Been). This is an amazing piece of work that should be heard by all, as it combines beautiful melodies and strong vocals, in a way that is accessible to all.

Still starts off with a haunting rendition Something I Can Never Have, which only surpasses the PHM version because of Trent Reznor�s raw intensity. It then eases off into adrift and at peace, a nice song, with a morning after the storm feeling. If there is a weak point to this album, this would be it, as it is not a very climatic song, but it�s fitting with the album as a whole, and is still very enjoyable. The next track is one of the best songs, ever. The Fragile is taken to a new level with this release, with sharp piano; it flows into an explosion of an ending, thanks to drumming by Jerome Dillon. The next song, The Becoming, starts off with a familiar piano line, and then breaks into acoustic guitar and an electronic drum line, which is later accompanied by live drumming. This song mimics the downward spiral version, and feels like an acoustic version of the original. Gone, Still is the second of four instrumental tracks on the album, and resembles adrift and at peace, but adds a light acoustic guitar line and synthesizers. The Day the World Went Away exceeds any previous version in every way. The intro/beginning is done better; the verse is done better, and the chorus/climax is done better. The ending joins together a bass, guitar, a broken snare, and atmospheric piano that creates a flawless ending which is accompanied by light humming from Trent. It then fades into the sound of rain, which introduces the next song, And All That Could Have Been. It starts with angelic-like guitar, and then bursts into an extraordinary chorus, with synthesizers, live drums, guitars, and bass. It ends off with an extended chorus, with a nice piano ending. The next two songs feature no singing, but conclude the album very well. The persistence of loss resembles adrift and at peace and gone, still. Leaving hope on the other hand, stands out from the rest of the instrumental songs, and even rivals some of Trent�s best. It blends beautiful piano with a soft, astonishing synthesizer that ends off the album with an outstanding climax that melts into two minutes of white-ish noise, of slow downed screams and synths.

Still is a must have for anyone who enjoys music. It is a classic that can be approached by all, even people who do not like nine inch nails or industrial music. It both stands out from nine inch nails collection and represents it, as a softer release portrays both the musical ability of Trent Reznor and his intensity.

If you dont have it I can upload it for you.

Quote from: emotivelotion on Sep 14, 2008, 02:03 AM
the fragile (left) FTW!!

what about fixed? dont you like it?

^5 about the left side..it's my fave. But I love the right too,it just happens I listen to the left more. The Fragile is one of  my favorite NIN songs. But Please if a bad ass song. And i'm not that big on remixes. But I do have a Fixed tank top!

lithium

broken is one of my favorite nin albums

i'll list them in order

the fragile
the downward spiral
broken
year zero
still
the slip
with teeth
pretty hate machine

💩

devilinside

Hmmm...it would be hard for me to put in order,cause I love them all for certain things. But here ya go.

The Fragile
TDS
PHM
Broken
The Slip
Still
Year Zero
Awitha_Teetha
Ghosts

Mikey

don't join the with teeth hate bandwagon.
The album is pretty solid.

i cannot rank b/c i have yet to hear year zero, ghosts,  and the slip i their entirety. 

i fail as a NIN fan.