Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ devilinside

Started by emotivelotion, Jul 26, 2006, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

That sounds cool. I wish I was fluent in another language to be able to translate like that. Oh the glory that is an American education. :(

I am a photographer. :) I do your general weddings,fashion,portraiture etc... Right now I'm trying work my way into concert photography. Can't beat getting paid to take pictures of musicians!

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 17, 2008, 11:11 PM
That sounds cool. I wish I was fluent in another language to be able to translate like that. Oh the glory that is an American education. :(

I am a photographer. :) I do your general weddings,fashion,portraiture etc... Right now I'm trying work my way into concert photography. Can't beat getting paid to take pictures of musicians!

Woah! that's great! I've always enjoyed good concert photos.
Do you know any good rock photographers, like Ross Halfin, for example?

devilinside

I've seen Ross' work and he's amazing! My favorite though is Jim Marshall. You should check him out,he's done some great work.

devilinside

whodunit?

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 17, 2008, 11:11 PM
you know when I learned that I was going to be embedded with a foreign army I was pretty excited to start taking the language classes.  I figured that being one of two Americans with this group would really allow me the opportunity HAVE to learn a new language.  But all these dudes wanted to do was learn English and speak it to me to practice.  And fuck , they were really quick learners.  I had to force them to speak Dari to me.  I picked up and retained a bit.  But still.  It seems like everyone wants to speak English instead of letting us learn their language.  It's the same here in Japan.

devilinside

I want to buy my kids those video's that teach other languages. I feel like I need to push it more,because at school they don't learn it as well. I took German for 3 years,any only remember a little of it. My daughter goes around every day speaking "Spanish"....which is her saying weird ass gibberish. haha But she wants to speak it.

I cant speak Spanish tho...I just cant roll my tongue,and it doesn't sound right to me if you cant.

Variable

I think that you would be very wise to teach your children Spanish or Mandarin.  Spanish of course is much easier to learn though.  It not only has been proven to open the brain to be able to learn and retain knowledge better.  But it is going to be necessary to know one, if not both of those languages to succeed in the business world here soon.

devilinside

Yeah,I agree that it will be a necessity further in their lives.

White Wrist

you should try portuguese...

2nd difficult language to learn

devilinside

Man...they are all hard to me. German was INCREDIBLY difficult. hah

Variable

yeah I suck at language too.  Im still working on Engrish

emotivelotion

yeah we just know a half or less of our own languages, i should go to some school and learn english in the formal way lawl, also forgetting the little french that someday studied,  i think portuguese is too erotic, is not that easy to make a choice, i also think mandarin seems promising for the future, dang i fucking love learning but dont even have enough time

Variable

devilinside

PURE awesomeness!!!  I <3 Johnny Cash to bits.

Variable

me too.  He defined cool way before Fonzie could even speak

devilinside

Hells yeah...and he was  goth WAY before Trent.  ;D  I was lucky enough to meet him a few times. He lived down the road (about 8 minutes) and my dad did some plumbing work with him. I was small,and didn't really know who he was. I remember playing in the yard with his dogs and June. I feel very fortunate to have gotten to meet them,but wish I had been a little older to know who the hell he was. :(  I've gone out to his grave and taken pictures,and pictures of his house...or what used to be his house before a fucking Bee Gee burnt it down.  :-\ 

lithium

I've a leg up on you coz I speeks the language of the tacos
💩

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 20, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hells yeah...and he was  goth WAY before Trent.  ;D  I was lucky enough to meet him a few times. He lived down the road (about 8 minutes) and my dad did some plumbing work with him. I was small,and didn't really know who he was. I remember playing in the yard with his dogs and June. I feel very fortunate to have gotten to meet them,but wish I had been a little older to know who the hell he was. :(  I've gone out to his grave and taken pictures,and pictures of his house...or what used to be his house before a fucking Bee Gee burnt it down.  :-\ 
wow.  You met the man.  That is super awesome.  Even if you were too young to appreciate it.  That is really awesome

Mikey

i love that song he did about hemorrhoids.