Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadimo

Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 25, 2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah Aereogramme are pretty damn good as well! 'Dreams & Bridges' is an amazing song! I've never seen them, but Craig sang for Will Haven when Grady had to go to his wife in Paris. He did well!

no they are not and i dont get why they are so great i got chance to see them in 2003  supporting THURSDAY with million dead and onelinedrawing. I wish i could say it was 5/5 star gig but that retarded band Aereogramme  ruined it so have to be 4/5. I dunno maybe they got better or changed but i always disliked them. Im suprised that ISIS hooked up with them

black coffee

Aereogramme were the best part of the Thursday concert.

alvarezbassist17

i'm just about done with the first track on the new album, and i love it so far

his voice is sweet on this song

Chrisbo

Quote from: vadimo on Aug 26, 2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah Aereogramme are pretty damn good as well! 'Dreams & Bridges' is an amazing song! I've never seen them, but Craig sang for Will Haven when Grady had to go to his wife in Paris. He did well!

no they are not and i dont get why they are so great i got chance to see them in 2003  supporting THURSDAY with million dead and onelinedrawing. I wish i could say it was 5/5 star gig but that retarded band Aereogramme  ruined it so have to be 4/5. I dunno maybe they got better or changed but i always disliked them. Im suprised that ISIS hooked up with them

Well I'm sure Aereogramme supported them once, so they must have become friends then, and then Aaron Turner did the artwork for the 'Seclusion' EP. As for your views on the band, fair dos, a bit harsh though man.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

vadimo

Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
Quote from: vadimo on Aug 26, 2006, 10:24 PM

Well I'm sure Aereogramme supported them once, so they must have become friends then, and then Aaron Turner did the artwork for the 'Seclusion' EP. As for your views on the band, fair dos, a bit harsh though man.

just my opinion man. :)

Quote from: black coffee on Aug 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
Aereogramme were the best part of the Thursday concert.

oh did u go to Thursday London astoria 2003 gig?

TheScumfiend

I like the aerogramme split, although I think a couple of poeople in the thread are thinking of it as a traditional split, but its actually both bands collabrating together on tracks.

New album i'm stioll unsure of very very diffrent.
My weekly Chart:

omniwan

both the new album & the split are fantastic in my opinion.  I will be listening to 'em both alot. (until SNW!!!)

Like mentioned above, the split is a collabrative effort and not just a collection of tracks by 2 different bands.  A very worthwhile listen!

Chrisbo

Not sure if everyone's seen this yet, but this the artwork for the new Isis album

What do you guys think?

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

tarkil

I don't like it very much... Pretty poor imo...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Chrisbo

Yeah I was kinda thinking that too! Normally Aaron Turner's work is more original and unusual than this! Maybe it's not even him who's done it, but he usually does. Ah well, in the end, guess it's the music that counts, and when we're talking about ISIS I cant see how we can be let down in that department.

Martin

It's allright, it's different then anything they did before (cover art wise).
Think I'll go listen to some ISIS soon by the way 8)

Chrisbo

Yeah that's true! Cant wait until 30th October, it's going to be a good day!

Chrisbo

I prefer to wait until the day

Deadradio

Saw ISIS with Tool last night in Chicago, very cool show, both bands were awesome.

Chrisbo

Yeah man, hopefully ISIS come over here with Tool as well! That would be out of this world!

Chrisbo

Here's the Rock Sound review of 'In The Absence Of Truth' and an article of the band on tour with Tool (from the same magazine). Once again I apologise if there's trouble reading, not sure how to make it bigger (the scan is massive, but once uploaded, photobucket automatically made it that size).

Chrisbo

Martin

Cool. Gonna get that issue 8)

Chrisbo

It's a great issue man, lots of good interviews and reviews!