Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

They did a song with Patton? WOAH. Did not know about that. What's it called?

Start with their newest release and work your way backwards.

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 18, 2009, 11:17 PM
They did a song with Patton? WOAH. Did not know about that. What's it called?

Start with their newest release and work your way backwards.
Well Patton contributed on Oceanic Remixes/Reinterpretations in a version of Maritime.

Ok I'll start with the new album.

theis

whodunit?

The new album: 5/10

theis

Haha are you serious?

It's epic, man. listen to it some more.

Way better than ITAOT and without a doubt on par with Oceanic and Panopticon (I actually think I like this better than Oceanic). All their albums are amazing.

ben

Well...I don't think I can come to such a quick conclusion about this album either way.  I don't think it is as good as Oceanic.  Oceanic to me got everything right.  Every song, every word, every note hits a distinct emotion or memory.  The first time I heard Oceanic I was just like "what the fuck", in a good way.  I put this on the first time and I'm thinking "alright, good job". 

For some reason, I don't like the one guitar part in the fifth song because it seems almost completely ripped out of a Godspeed You! Black Emperor song.  That's being really picky because for the most part I love the song.

The songs also don't really vary.  In The Absence of Truth and  Panopticon kind of switched it up with really good instrumental songs.  I feel that is a missing part in this. 

At this point, I'll give it a 7.8

whodunit?

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 18, 2009, 11:50 PM
Haha are you serious?

It's epic, man. listen to it some more.

Way better than ITAOT and without a doubt on par with Oceanic and Panopticon (I actually think I like this better than Oceanic). All their albums are amazing.

I loved ABSENCE more than this one.

theis

Yeah okay, fair enough. 5/10 is pretty harsh though...

I'm on my second listen now and it's hard for me to put out anything I dont like. It flows so well. 'Absence' can get a little repetetive, especially drum-wise, but this has something new to offer in every song.

I just wish it was a little longer...or that the title track wasn't so short.

But yeah, I'm not disappointed in any way whatsoever. Since I feel it's a stronger album than 'Absence', it's most definitely a nice surprise.

Right now about 8-9/10.

deftonekid

So far I'm digging the new album a lot.

any links for their other albums? pls

bright lights, big city

yeah i agree its on par with about an 8/10. some forgettable/skippable songs. but Threshold of Transformation is really good. 20 Minutes/40 Years and Hall of the Dead are epic.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Slacker

yeah this is some fine ass quality piece of music

mr.sinister

I have listened to the first three songs off the new record and I'll agree it is on par with oceanic in awesomeness. Will listen to the rest tomorrow while on my way to work. I'll give it so far a 8.5/10

Martin

Ow crap, it leaked already? When is it supposed to come out?
NOT downloading it. Will buy and listen then. WILL.BE.STRONG!   8)

theis

Released on vinyl April 21st. CD May 5th.

I've listened to it five times now and I love it more each time.

tarkil

Wow, didn't know it leaked already... Downloading the bad boy right now....    8)

Thanks ladies...  ;)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

nicklav

Are their any links availible to pre-order the vinyl yet? I've seen some, but nothing that would indicate the release of a special Vinyl as the band has mentioned.

black coffee

nicklav