Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

decapod

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 22, 2009, 04:39 PM
Quote from: decapod on Mar 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
No worries starz, sometimes it just takes repeated listens and sometimes you just plain wont like it. The first and second time i listened to it I thought it was all over the place and couldn't really grab onto anything but after about 5 listens it starts to show its beauty. Its alot rawer (?) than ITAOT and def. different that any other offering. Kinda reminds me of 'Oceanic' in some spots and the vocals are more up front on this album which I like alot.

best noob ever.

it took me several repeats as well, but it was totally worth it. I'm not sure if I like it more than their previous works, but it is definitely a grower.

HA! thanks for the compliment, I think lol just joshing man. The album is def. a grower, listen to it LOUD on a good set of speakers. The bass is rediculous.

Zevaka

the main point now is not to let it bore you before official release

bright lights, big city

most people here like both bands and in my opinion so far these are the 2 of the best 3 albums of '09(with new Lamb of God being thrown in there as well).....
which album is better? new Mastodon or new Isis?

Crack the Skye is incredible, but right now every single time I listen to Wavering Radiant it grows on me even more.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Gonna have my first listen to Crack the Skye tomorrow when it pops into my mailbox. W00t!! Can't wait.

And yeah, Wavering Radiant is a constant grower.

Paint Your Lips

Wavering Radient sounds really good to me and did so from the first listen. Nice to hear they're back to their old, amazing self.

alvarezbassist17

my computer was broken for a lil while, so i'm just getting my hands on this.  i'm totally feelin it so far, as i expected.  i love isis.

decapod

Although the New mastodon record is amazing, I think 'Wavering Radiant' is incredible. SERIOUS grower, the riff in 'Hand of the host' (track 3) is stellar! It's going to be hard not to play this album ALOT, I'm trying not to burn myself out on it but I can't help but play it everytime I smoke some greeeeeen.

decapod

Quote from: Zevaka on Mar 23, 2009, 02:53 PM
the main point now is not to let it bore you before official release

Amen to that.

Alvar

i think adam jones' guest appereances will only be included on the vinyl LP  :(

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

theis

Quote from: Alvar on Mar 24, 2009, 05:22 PM
i think adam jones' guest appereances will only be included on the vinyl LP  :(

It got confirmed in an interview that he play on the tracks "Hall of the Dead" and "Wavering Radiant". I'll see if I can find it.

poisonwell

Wavering Radiant is a stupid song..seems like it's only there for the sake of it.....why is there always one or two short interlude songs like this on most post metal records?!.....

CoL are one of the few bands that can actually pull it off.

Zevaka

Quote from: poisonwell on Mar 24, 2009, 06:00 PM
Wavering Radiant is a stupid song..seems like it's only there for the sake of it.....why is there always one or two short interlude songs like this on most post metal records?!.....
exactly. i skip it everytime.. they tried to make a concept or a mystery of it. failed.

wither-I

im not sure i dig this

"coming into the nearness of distance"

decapod

Damn, adam jones plays on "Hall of the dead" and "wavering radiant"??? I could have sworn that he was on track 3 ("Hand of the host") and possibly the last track but I guess im slacking in my old age.   :-\

theis

I was positive that he played on Threshold of Transformation. Some of the guitar lines are very Tool-esque.

theis

I deleted Wavering Radiant from my PC. I'm gonna take a break from it until it gets released.

:D

black coffee

hopefully they will confirm some shows soon.

alvarezbassist17

has adam jones ever directed a video for them? if not, he totally should for their new single.  that would be the tits.  i really really like this album, i've just been wanting new isis for so long and then they come out with this monster, it's wonderful.

it's hard for me to pick a favorite song yet but i totally love ghost key, something about the beginning of it just blew me away when i first heard it.

theis

decapod

Super nice. Pre-ordered already. This album is epic as shit, been listening to it for like 3 weeks straight.