Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

ISIS

Started by Martin, Aug 21, 2006, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

decapod

Just got done listening to the album for the 5th time and it is GREAT! Everything that I expected/wanted and more. I will def. be buying this on vinyl and cd when it comes out.

Jacob

I love Oceanic and it was once one of the albums I listened to the most. I saw them around that time and it's one of the most intense concerts I've been to. but after that Isis kinda slipped out of my radar and I haven't bothered listening to their recent material. gonna have to check the new album out now that I've heard such good things about it, and hopefully rediscover Isis with it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

I love Wavering Radiant more and more. i literally haven't been listening to anything else the last 3 days. Incredible album. I think I'm gonna take a break from it soon, then buy it when it's released.

mr.sinister

Yeah me too. I am gonna put my pre-order for WR. Hall of Dead has to be one of the greatest Isis songs.

decapod

Def. don't wanna burn myself out on the album yet hahaha i too have been listening to it straight for about 15 hours. Its a SERIOUS grower, some of the textures are incredible. 'Hall of the dead', 'Hand of the host' and 'Stone to wake a serpent' are the stand out tracks thus far but the whole album is just mind blowing. Ive yet to figure out what 2 songs adam jones performs on though.

Starz

I'm gonna be the odd one out here and say I'm not really enjoying the new album that much... I don't know why just yet, but I feel there is something lacking. I will definitely buy the album when it's released and have a good listen to it but first impressions aren't all that. I hope I'm wrong...

decapod

No worries starz, sometimes it just takes repeated listens and sometimes you just plain wont like it. The first and second time i listened to it I thought it was all over the place and couldn't really grab onto anything but after about 5 listens it starts to show its beauty. Its alot rawer (?) than ITAOT and def. different that any other offering. Kinda reminds me of 'Oceanic' in some spots and the vocals are more up front on this album which I like alot.

skooks

The thing that's really sticking out for me this time around is the drumming. It just seems so much punchier and creative on this record than it has on their previous stuff.
Overall I'm not digging it all that much, but then ITAOT took repeated listens to click with me so I haven't given up yet.
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

tarkil

Stupid question, but any good link to preorder Wavering Radiant please ? Thanks

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

decapod

I believe bluecollardistro.com will have the vinyl available soon. I know the vinyl is set to be released april 21st and the cd is set to be released may 5th.

tarkil

I was talking more about the cd cause I unfortunately cannot play vinyls at home... I checked amazon, and it's $33 + shopping fee which is hell high for me seeing I live in Asia... So I was just wondering if I could come across a better deal somewhere....

Jacob

listened twice last night - this album is amazing.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 21, 2009, 10:24 AM
listened twice last night - this album is amazing.

Fuck yeah it is! :D

333tone

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 21, 2009, 05:11 AM
I was talking more about the cd cause I unfortunately cannot play vinyls at home... I checked amazon, and it's $33 + shopping fee which is hell high for me seeing I live in Asia... So I was just wondering if I could come across a better deal somewhere....
You can pre-order the album at Play.com (costs 15.49 euros), but I'm not sure if they deliver to Asia

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

tarkil

Only in Europe it seems yes... Too bad...  :-\

Thanks vm anyway for your help dude...   :)

Martin

I can get the album from Play, and then send it your way, and you can paypal or whatever me the total sum...if when I know what that'll be it's not too high or anything, but a possibility?

tarkil

It's OK, I'll just buy it at HMV here when it goes out man, no problem... But thanks very much for the offer my friend, it's very kind of you...   :)

black coffee

Quote from: decapod on Mar 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
No worries starz, sometimes it just takes repeated listens and sometimes you just plain wont like it. The first and second time i listened to it I thought it was all over the place and couldn't really grab onto anything but after about 5 listens it starts to show its beauty. Its alot rawer (?) than ITAOT and def. different that any other offering. Kinda reminds me of 'Oceanic' in some spots and the vocals are more up front on this album which I like alot.

best noob ever.

it took me several repeats as well, but it was totally worth it. I'm not sure if I like it more than their previous works, but it is definitely a grower.

theis

I feel I can honestly say that this is probably their strongest work yet. It just feels so complete. Every track is amazing.

Panopticon still remains my personal favorite, but this comes right behind it.

This is how I'd rank the albums:

Panopticon
Wavering Radiant
Oceanic
in the Absence of Truth
Celestial

Let it be said that I, in no way, feel that Oceanic is weaker than the two above. I just enjoy Panopticon and WR more.

ben

YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!!!

just kidding.  I see where you're coming from.

I'd say

Panopticon
Oceanic
Wavering Radiant
In the Absence Of Truth
Sgnl 5
Celestial