Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 13, 2009, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

ToneDef

I listened to Pariah.. stoned the other night. It's a really, really solid album. The production is amazing. So layered and three dimensional. I enjoyed it when it came out, but I think later on, listening to it randomly, i appreciated it more. It's great.

theis

Drew made a Chi Cheng mini replica.

Crazylegs

Wax And Wane

Such an amazing live band.
I will save your life..

Law

Tonedef you are spot on.

I posted this in the last thread, beautiful stuff:

dredg - lightswitch (live multicam)

Fireal1222

Quote from: ToneDef on Feb 27, 2010, 03:11 PM
I listened to Pariah.. stoned the other night. It's a really, really solid album. The production is amazing. So layered and three dimensional. I enjoyed it when it came out, but I think later on, listening to it randomly, i appreciated it more. It's great.

i must be honest, i enjoyed the album the most the first time i heard it.

i still really like the record. but it sounded the best when i heard it for the first time, and thats strange because its usually the opposite for me, usually i hear something for the first time and think its okay, then go on to listen again and absolutely love it.

but with pariah i loved it on first listen, much like el cielo.. i do like pariah, alot... but its not my favorite dredg record by any means

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

black coffee

from theprp:

dredg will be celebrating the 11 year anniversary of their "Leitmotif" outing with a vinyl re-release next month. In addition, the band will be embarking on a May Californian tour which will find the band performing the aforementioned album in its entirety.

SOMEHOW I need to get the vinyl of Leitmotif.

BBfan

I wish this band would come to Canada... :(

theis

theis

Check out Drew's shirt:

:)

lostpilot

Martin

Can't we make a petition for them to release songs like 'Holding On A Remedy Potion'?

Just heard that snippet again...it's wonderfull.

Law

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 05, 2010, 06:28 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on Feb 27, 2010, 03:11 PM

i must be honest, i enjoyed the album the most the first time i heard it.

i still really like the record. but it sounded the best when i heard it for the first time, and thats strange because its usually the opposite for me, usually i hear something for the first time and think its okay, then go on to listen again and absolutely love it.

but with pariah i loved it on first listen, much like el cielo.. i do like pariah, alot... but its not my favorite dredg record by any means

It is my favourite, it sounds just more thought out to me if you get what I'm saying? Maybe the production helps on that avenue too, as TD is right, it is phenomenal.

lostpilot

I am wondering if dredg will release something new in 2010/2011

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on May 11, 2010, 06:33 PM
I am wondering if dredg will release something new in 2010/2011

They're rehearsing something, so that could be a good sign.

bright lights, big city

hope your right, theis. it would definitely be a pleasant surprise if they released something this year.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I would love an instrumental album from them with songs in the same vein as Down to the Cellar.

But really, anything new from these guys would make me happy.

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on May 12, 2010, 02:03 PM
I would love an instrumental album from them with songs in the same vein as Down to the Cellar.

But really, anything new from these guys would make me happy.

check out that waterscore ep or whatever it was called.. they have bunch of demo tracks kicking around that are mainly instrumentals. like "fucking smile", and so on

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.