Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 13, 2009, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

With the disappearance of topics in this part of the board, the Dredg thread also dissapeared.
So, let's start a new one to talk about/dicuss/praise this band and share online pictures/videos/music.

BBfan

This band is awesome. Wish they'd tour Canada. I'd see them in a heartbeat. ;D

I really like The Pariah..., at first I wasn't too keen on it, but after a few listens, it's beautiful.

theis

Can't we just call the thread "dredg"? We have waaaaaaaay too many "The >insert band name< Thread" threads.

Martin

Quote from: theis on Dec 13, 2009, 02:36 AM
Can't we just call the thread "dredg"? We have waaaaaaaay too many "The >insert band name< Thread" threads.

Naaaaah ;D It's a clear and sure way to find everything about Dredg (or any other band) in such a topic. Kinda dig it, plus always thought of it as an unwritten standard to compile all specific band info in one topic.

theis

Haha, I think you misunderstood me. I think it's cool witth a dredg thread. I just wanted to rename it to just "dredg".

Not like it's super important or anything. No worries :D

Martin

Quote from: theis on Dec 14, 2009, 06:06 PM
Haha, I think you misunderstood me. I think it's cool witth a dredg thread. I just wanted to rename it to just "dredg".

Not like it's super important or anything. No worries :D

No I I didn't misunderstand. Everything I said above is about the 'the' bandname 'thread' :)

defskull

I think we should have a The The The Thread.

Jacob

Quote from: defskull on Dec 14, 2009, 11:51 PM
I think we should have a The The The Thread.

hah! good one ;D
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Martin

Crazylegs

After listening through the pariah, the parrot, the delusion a few times today, i've concluded that it is a work of genius. Their best album so far.

lostpilot

I rarely listen to it now.
El Cielo for me, foreveeeeeer

Fireal1222

i was just paging through a copy of the new high times that my friend let me borrow, and so far there were some great stories. but anyway. i get about 15 pages in, and there you have it, an article on dredg

the article was mostly about drews love for pot, and how he smokes just about everyday, he said that the other band members only puff sometimes.. decent little article, but really cool they are even getting noticed by high times

also, they start the article by saying.. radiohead isnt the only creative band left nowadays..

pretty awesome stuff

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Could you maybe scan the article and upload it?

E-Money

Quote from: theis on Jan 21, 2010, 09:05 PM

yea that sounds like a great article. 

ben

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on Jan 21, 2010, 09:05 PM

i dont have a scanner.. the photo used on the high times page is the one of the band in the backseat of a taxi..  anyway. id scan it if i could, but i dont have a scanner.. its inside this copy of high times
http://hightimes.com/userdata/24/images/24_01_covermar10.jpg

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 21, 2010, 08:38 PM
the article was mostly about drews love for pot, and how he smokes just about everyday, he said that the other band members only puff sometimes.. decent little article, but really cool they are even getting noticed by high times

dude, you have got to scan it for us :)

E-Money

Damn that is one sexy bubbler on the cover, surrounded by dankness. 

dawg

found this today and thought I'd share this with the few cool people left over here

here is a video of Dredg playing The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion and some other songs.
video is proshot from last year in Germany 11/1/09

http://iload.to/title/158232-Dredg---Live-At-Visions-Festival-Dortmund--11-01-2009-/

Fireal1222

so i looked at that article again in the high times that i was talking about in my earlier posts.. and i didnt notice that in the bottom of the picture, towards teh front of the taxi that they are sitting in, is an ash tray with a lit joint, and next to it is a prescription bottle filled with weed, with broken up weed laying next to the bottle. thought it was pretty cool

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.