Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 13, 2009, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

I actually really like the new song. It definitely sounds like Dan had his hand in it too.  Those expecting El Cielo pt. 2 should just stop and accept that they are headed in a very different direction.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

New directions are fine. Shitty directions are not.

Of course I'll have to hear the whole thing to judge but I hope the rest is much better than this awful single.

An bád dubh

Haha I love how they say that its not gonna sound like the last album and then this new song could be directly from it  ;D

Though I did love the last album, but I too, as many others here, have been waiting for something that we're not gonna get.

Anyways, the new song is alright, the album will be good overall, Im sure I will at some point say that I love it, as I love pretty much all the stuff dredg has put out out over the course of all these years, though the feeling is just not the same as it used to be.

A random fact about me and El Cielo: I listened to it for the first six months or so without a second speaker, I think the right one, as I thought that if one of the speakers is out, Im gonna get the whole mix from the other speker. Turned out that wasnt the case and I was not hearing maybe 1/4 or 1/5 of the whole soundscape of the album, like some of the guitars on eg New Heart Shadow were completely disappeared  :D But guess what, I adored it even then. You can just imagine how I felt when I got the whole thing with all the sounds into my ears for the first time when I got some new speakers  8)

Share something cool about you an El Cielo, lets reminisce.

Oldnewtype

i was the first kid in high school to play el cielo for my friends (got it from here) and weeks later there were copies everywhere. same with mars volta.

black coffee

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 08, 2011, 08:42 PM
So they might be here for the Summer festivals and a few off-dates!

[/Optimism]

06/03 Dortmund - FZW ( + Milhaven and Amplifier )
06/07 Hamburg - Uebel & Gefaehrlich
06/08 Bielefeld - Ringlokschuppen

Menos el Oso

- june 11/12/13: Nova Rock Festival, Nickelsdorf, Austria
- june 15: Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany (with System Of A Down)

mr.sinister

I'm liking the new song more and more each time I hear it.

black coffee

It also appears they'll play Rock am Ring / Rock im Park on June 1st and 2nd.

Oldnewtype

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1852613710939&oid=73793389332#w400-h266&comments

The Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy acid test.

You can hear a little bit of the new album in the background.

from_musings

Quote from: Menos el Oso on Mar 14, 2011, 02:22 AM
New dredg Song Available For Streaming

dredg.. the band that went from good rock to bad pop :/

Hesperian Death-Horse!

^ Yeah, pretty much.

E-Money

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Mar 15, 2011, 06:29 AM
New directions are fine. Shitty directions are not.

Of course I'll have to hear the whole thing to judge but I hope the rest is much better than this awful single.

Oldnewtype

Saviour was the first song off of the last album and it sucked.

mr.sinister

1. "Another Tribe"   3:46
2. "Upon Returning"   3:55
3. "The Tent"   4:47
4. "Somebody is Laughing"   3:46
5. "Down Without a Fight"   3:53
6. "The Ornament"   3:04
7. "The Thought of Losing You"   3:33
8. "Kalathat"   3:25
9. "Sun Goes Down"   3:48
10. "Where I'll End Up"   3:44
11. "Before it Began"   2:58

Short album...

cesar421

i heard that the album leaked already but in bad quality?

occipudding

i don't think the new song is that bad.  i mean, i'd rather listen to that than like 95% of the other rock music coming out these days.
machete!  meow

Starz

Quote from: occipudding on Mar 25, 2011, 06:09 AM
i don't think the new song is that bad.  i mean, i'd rather listen to that than like 95% of the The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Agreed.

from_musings

there's certainly those who like the song for song,i get that,but I also believe that there's those who like it / try to like it just because it's dredg.it's like dredg live on past achievements. if the killers would have released this I don't think many would give a damn about it

theis

i don't think the new song is that bad.  i mean, i'd rather listen to that than like 95% of the other rock music coming out these days.

You're crazy.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Starz on Mar 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
i don't think the new song is that bad.  i mean, i'd rather listen to that than like 95% of the The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Agreed.
THIS is crazy.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?