Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

I wish Chino does a collab with Grady Avenell from Will Haven, when they get back to complete the sessions. As far I know, Chino has to complete the vocals
Code: [Select]

Bergerac

Theory:

I don't believe Eros really exists outside of a few left over songs that WEREN'T reworked onto Diamond Eyes, like the music on the videos which was very likely an early Beauty School. Melanie is one of those few songs that didn't make it. It will be one of the B Sides Lopez was talking about. Eros likely doesn't exist anymore.

Vesanic

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 05, 2010, 12:47 AM
Theory:

I don't believe Eros really exists outside of a few left over songs that WEREN'T reworked onto Diamond Eyes, like the music on the videos which was very likely an early Beauty School. Melanie is one of those few songs that didn't make it. It will be one of the B Sides Lopez was talking about. Eros likely doesn't exist anymore.

I'm going to call... THE RAPEMAAAAN.

Bergerac

I took Rapeman's mask after I raped him.

nineteenpeoplesnames

I thought Chino said they're going to release it one day? If so, then it must be sort of complete, surely?

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 05, 2010, 12:50 AM
Theory:

If melanie is one of them, that would be sweet
Code: [Select]

Robotsatemygrandma

This whole Eros thing has me thinking...

Maybe the reason we won't hear it is because Chi recorded on it and he needs to fill out some paperwork, like release forms, contracts, and whatever else. Basically legal issues.

I would love to hear it, not only because it's unreleased Deftones material but because Chi played on it. And if I remember right he had written some stuff for it.

deftones86

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Apr 05, 2010, 03:26 AM

Maybe the reason we won't hear it is because Chi recorded on it and he needs to fill out some paperwork, like release forms, contracts, and whatever else. Basically legal issues.

I would love to hear it, not only because it's unreleased Deftones material but because Chi played on it. And if I remember right he had written some stuff for it.

Well in case of an accident someone has the power to sign legal documents in chi's name. I think that the band just didnt want to play those songs live because of the memories attached to them.

Inkblades

I think it's more that they want to release and tour Eros with him.

Subliminal

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 10, 2010, 02:38 AM

I think it's more that they want to release and tour Eros with him.

I agree, imagine if he woke up to find Eros had been released, was their biggest album and toured places they'd never been before because of it. I'm sure he'd be disheartened. That's there brother, they ain't gonna let that happen.

defTHE1s

just to say:
i've just watched the eros in studio clips (just have seen the one of abe and the one of stef) and the music they're playing seems pretty amazing... i hope they won't forget this album and will release it one day.

btw... just curios to see chi playing bass with a pick haha... (video 3 or 4, don't remember which one)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

jesusinabowlofdirt

Theory:

great possibility. in this interview, that has been posted before, in 3:22 chino says "we have another VERSION of the record..."
when he speaks about DE. sure, he talks a lot and maybe he just formulates it wrong, but seems to me he slips

Deftones Interview '09

wax

wondermixx

man, why do they always look bored when they're giving interview, like "fuuck lets get this over with!"

Wax And Wane

Quote from: wondermixx on Apr 20, 2010, 08:48 AM
man, why do they always look bored when they're giving interview, like "fuuck lets get this over with!"
They probably (Like most touring bands) Do MANY of those a day. Would for sure just bug you after a while. Same questions. Same answers.  8)
I will save your life..

wax

according to this eros will be releases later in the year    right or wrong? who knows      http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:gvfexqugldje~T1

Sushi-X

Won't believe till they officially say it. Besides that interview with Sergio said that Eros has been shelved indefinitely so a release this year is far fetched

Rocket Skates '94

Subliminal

Quote from: Wax And Wane on Apr 20, 2010, 08:11 PM
They probably (Like most touring bands) Do MANY of those a day. Would for sure just bug you after a while. Same questions. Same answers.  8)

Yeah man, it's hard to find any band who is actually enthusiastic in interviews. Same old shitty questions, same old answers.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 24, 2010, 12:20 PM
Quote from: Wax And Wane on Apr 20, 2010, 08:11 PM
They probably (Like most touring bands) Do MANY of those a day. Would for sure just bug you after a while. Same questions. Same answers.  8)

Yeah man, it's hard to find any band who is actually enthusiastic in interviews

think it has to do a lot with time.new upcoming bands are enthusiastic in the beginning. deftones for example were often very enthusiastic in interviews,especially around the atf era. lots of more energy, on stage, and off stage

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
think it has to do a lot with time.new upcoming bands are enthusiastic in the beginning. deftones for example were often very enthusiastic in interviews,especially around the atf era

Yeah, really, he was gesticulating everywhere explaining what he felt about Around the fur. Now, he's all like: " Haaa, fuck, let's keep gentle until it's over... "