Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 24, 2010, 12:31 PM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Apr 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
think it has to do a lot with time.new upcoming bands are enthusiastic in the beginning. deftones for example were often very enthusiastic in interviews,especially around the atf era

Yeah, really, he was gesticulating everywhere explaining what he felt about Around the fur. Now, he's all like: " Haaa, fuck, let's keep gentle until it's over... "

yeah he had a spark in his eye back then

Vesanic

Haha, yeah, exactly.

Martin

Quote from: juvenile on Apr 05, 2010, 12:26 AM
I wish Chino does a collab with Grady Avenell from Will Haven, when they get back to complete the sessions. As far I know, Chino has to complete the vocals

Indeed! And while they are at it; record one Deftones and a Will Haven track together :)

White Wrist

i just saw all the "deftones in studio" videos...they sound awesome.

I have a feeling that Eros is a great album.

mikemerrett

There is something about Eros that is keeping we waiting. I love Diamond eyes but am already excited and eagerly awaitng their next release.

Every album is great in its own way but I think Eros is going to have something immence to give. Even the name of the album sounds really interesting. Hopefully Chi is on his feet and back on bass and they can get this album pushed out for next year maybe? 8)

Moz

Quote from: mikemerrett on May 07, 2010, 11:15 AM
There is something about Eros that is keeping we waiting. I love Diamond eyes but am already excited and eagerly awaitng their next release.

Every album is great in its own way but I think Eros is going to have something immence to give. Even the name of the album sounds really interesting. Hopefully Chi is on his feet and back on bass and they can get this album pushed out for next year maybe? 8)

yea keep on dreaming

mikemerrett

That is probably a bit optimistic. Hopefully it wont be to long a wait. .
Quote from: Moz on May 07, 2010, 01:02 PM
Quote from: mikemerrett on May 07, 2010, 11:15 AM

yea keep on dreaming

jesusinabowlofdirt

cnr~

Well in one of the recent interviews chino said how they've still got a few albums to produce for their current deal, i doubt they'll shelve a whole album and make a bunch of others..they'll definitely use Eros as one of the releases.

jesusinabowlofdirt

in the ultimate guitar interview:

"Do you think there were any ideas that appeared on Eros that sort of got refined or morphed into [Diamond Eyes?]"

Chino: I don't know; not really. For some reason it's just a different record you know what I mean?

wait what...  "i dont know"?   "for some reason its different"?

why isnt the answer "no completley different songs"? its like a lot of eros was transformed. more so than they like to admit. and in the previous page there's chino saying "there is another version of the record" when speaking of eros.  

and when chino spoke about the leak of diamond eyes in kerrang he said "wow I worked on this for three years, pretty much, and in three minutes some one can just download it for free"

three years? really? that was in 2007 when they started working on eros.

no wonder they made diamond eyes so fast?

Jacob

wouldn't surprise me one bit if they scrapped the Eros songs and used some of the parts for DE. one of the reasons I'm not one of those going on about how much I hope/believe Eros will one day be released. but the amount of material that was actually used is anyone's guess. and personally, I don't think it's that much, only a riff here and there that were reworked.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

jesusinabowlofdirt

at first i thought of eros as a totally different record of its own.i mean,thats what they said during the end of making diamond eyes.
but when i heard beauty school it reminded me so much of the eros clip that i thought well maybe they used some eros material on d.e... if it happened once,then why not twice?
and as time goes by and deftones speak more and more of eros, their answers more and more seem to support the theory of of diamond eyes being reworked eros material.

i think several eros songs do exist that arent on de, but eros almost seem like a demo to diamond eyes.
i mean the snw demo had 6 songs on the actual snw record.6 out of 15 demo songs ended on the final product which mean plenty of stuff was dumped.something like that may be the case here too.eros being dumped demos

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 11:07 AM
But I'm pretty sure that they didn't take any of the work from Eros to put on Diamond Eyes.

then why all the vague answers?

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:16 AM
But I'm pretty sure that they didn't take any of the work from Eros to put on Diamond Eyes.

That doesn't necessarily mean that it's the reason.

rainnyx4

I really don't think anything from Eros was redone for DE.  From the sound of it, Eros was pretty much done except for Chino finishing his lyrics.

They also keep saying they'll release it some day to benefit Chi.

And if you think Beauty School is a redone version of the song from the Eros videos, you got shit in your ears.  The two sound nothing alike apart from the spacey vibe.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 11:19 AM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:16 AM

That doesn't necessarily mean that it's the reason.

ok so if chino got asked if lady ga ga helped out with the song writings on some of the songs, chino could just as possibly give these indefinite answers on that question too?

chino would be like "lady ga ga? i dont know,not really... for some reasons she didnt help out you know"

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 09, 2010, 11:25 AM
And if you think Beauty School is a redone version of the song from the Eros videos, you got shit in your ears.  

i do think its a redone version. and some others do

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Mar 19, 2010, 09:14 PM
Beauty school is the same intro as the Eros session teaser clips we all loved.

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 09:15 PM
Shit, didn't even notice but you're right.

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 05, 2010, 12:47 AM
like the music on the videos which was very likely an early Beauty School.

Quote from: darksoul on Mar 20, 2010, 12:28 AM
isnt beauty  school the song that was on the deftones eros sniptes ?

maybe we should clean our ears who knows, but at least we got ears to begin with  ;)

Vesanic

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:25 AM
ok so if chino got asked if lady ga ga helped out with the song writings on some of the songs, chino could just as possibly give these indefinite answers on that question too?

chino would be like "lady ga ga? i dont know,not really... for some reasons she didnt help out you know"

Look, until we have Eros, you and I can't be sure. As I said, I could be wrong, I wouldn't shit a clock if I were wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same song and I probably won't change my mind before we have the answer.

nineteen

It doesn't sound like it from what I hear.  Maybe the same sort of vibe and tempo but I personally can't see how that would morph into Beauty School.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on May 09, 2010, 11:38 AM
Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 09, 2010, 11:25 AM

Look, until we have Eros, you and I can't be sure. As I said, I could be wrong, I wouldn't shit a clock if I were wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same song and I probably won't change my mind before we have the answer.

yeah but the thing is, if they go back to the eros sessions again, they will probably rework that material too, dont you think? especially if some songs or riffs were used on d.e