Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HXGRMWORLD

Jammy... with some heavy stuff... let`s see...
Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

nineteen

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 09, 2010, 06:09 AM
I guess Eros is pretty much SNW number 2. Just darker, with a more concrete structure and even more experimental.

I'd probably go with that too.

el perro

We've already heard one full song and bits of others. Melanie being the full track, and bits from the "in studio" videos they did. I didn't particularly find the heavy guitar parts very insteresting in the clips, but love the music that plays at the beginning of each video. Reminds me of Beastie Boys instrumental album oddly enough. What Frank is playing on keyboard in one of the clips sounds a bit like Battle-Axe if you imagine a heavy guitar playing the same. I am looking forward to it being released but i think like they said "it would've been the end of Deftones" if it had been released instead of Diamond Eyes.

luisch

Quote from: nineteen on Sep 16, 2010, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 09, 2010, 06:09 AM
I guess Eros is pretty much SNW number 2. Just darker, with a more concrete structure and even more experimental.

I'd probably go with that too.

+10
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DakkoN

Quote from: el perro on Sep 17, 2010, 11:30 PM
We've already heard one full song and bits of others. Melanie being the full track, and bits from the "in studio" videos they did. I didn't particularly find the heavy guitar parts very insteresting in the clips, but love the music that plays at the beginning of each video. Reminds me of Beastie Boys instrumental album oddly enough. What Frank is playing on keyboard in one of the clips sounds a bit like Battle-Axe if you imagine a heavy guitar playing the same. I am looking forward to it being released but i think like they said "it would've been the end of Deftones" if it had been released instead of Diamond Eyes.

lol, the intro to those videos was an early version of Beauty School..

Vesanic

Quote from: DakkoN on Oct 09, 2010, 02:55 PM

No, it was not...

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 10, 2010, 04:16 PM

No, it was not...

it was confirmed in an interview that there is no material from EROS on Diamond Eyes, its all new. sometime later, ill find that interview. it was a written one, not video for sure.
Code: [Select]

from_musings

Quote from: juvenile on Oct 10, 2010, 04:23 PM

No, it was not...

it was confirmed in an interview that there is no material from EROS on Diamond Eyes, its all new. sometime later, ill find that interview.

Ok, and while you're at it, can you also get evidence and assurance that deftones always tells the truth about everything?

Come on man, Deftones,especially Chino, lies all the time

Shadow46/2

Doesn't even sound the same.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

SX King

I know ur not the only 2 say that but u guys need to get your fucking ears checked. Im mean what r u retarded?

sing blue silver

Quote from: SX King on Oct 10, 2010, 08:59 PM
Quote from: el perro on Sep 17, 2010, 11:30 PM

I know ur not the only 2 say that but u guys need to get your fucking ears checked. Im mean what r u retarded?

well, judging by your grasp of the english language, you're no shining example of intellect.  i'll admit they're similar but why would the band deny it at all if it was an early version? seems like shooting themselves in the foot a bit. it's not like they'd be trying to hide something. what do they have to gain from it?

SX King

Dude thats not what i was saying lol

DakkoN

In Studio Clip:
Deftones eros in Studio 2008 clip 1

Beauty School
Deftones - Beauty School [2010]

Beauty School is definitely an evolved version of the in studio clips.. Anybody who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

0 secs to 9 secs of Studio session = 0 secs to 13 secs of Beauty School

9 secs to 20 secs of Studio session = 13 secs to 21 secs of Beauty School

20 secs to the end of the music of Studio session = 21 secs and on of Beauty School

2  years of getting to play with the song before it's released will do that to a song.  And it's possible it was much longer than 2 years since SNW came out in 2006..

vinsanity

When they talk about Eros they always said that they stopped working on it right after Chi's accident, so it would seem weird that they really used some Eros material in Diamond Eyes, i'm not saying that the beauty school intro doesn't sound similar to that intro song in the eros sessions vids, it does, but so does the intro of Prince sounds like Rx Queen. But i guess we'll only find out when Eros comes out
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

sing blue silver

Quote from: vinsanity on Oct 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
When they talk about Eros they always said that they stopped working on it right after Chi's accident, so it would seem weird that they really used some Eros material in Diamond Eyes, i'm not saying that the beauty school intro doesn't sound similar to that intro song in the eros sessions vids, it does, but so does the intro of Prince sounds like Rx Queen. But i guess we'll only find out when Eros comes out

IF eros comes out. sadly, it's looking less and less likely to me all the time.

vinsanity

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
Quote from: vinsanity on Oct 10, 2010, 09:57 PM

IF eros comes out. sadly, it's looking less and less likely to me all the time.
well, i want to believe that it will come out =). Chi is improving although slow but he's getting better,
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

E-Money

Quote from: DakkoN on Oct 10, 2010, 09:30 PM
In Studio Clip:
Deftones eros in Studio 2008 clip 1

Beauty School
Deftones - Beauty School [2010]

Beauty School is definitely an evolved version of the in studio clips.. Anybody who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.

0 secs to 9 secs of Studio session = 0 secs to 13 secs of Beauty School

9 secs to 20 secs of Studio session = 13 secs to 21 secs of Beauty School

20 secs to the end of the music of Studio session = 21 secs and on of Beauty School

2  years of getting to play with the song before it's released will do that to a song.  And it's possible it was much longer than 2 years since SNW came out in 2006..

Dude your trippin, no way these are the same songs....

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 10, 2010, 04:57 PM

No, it was not...

it was confirmed in an interview that there is no material from EROS on Diamond Eyes, its all new. sometime later, ill find that interview.

Ok, and while you're at it, can you also get evidence and assurance that deftones always tells the truth about everything?

They might be lying but not disrespectful to the point of using material written with Chi in a brand new album. It wouldn't even be legal.

pony_01

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 11, 2010, 03:57 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 10, 2010, 04:57 PM

No, it was not...

They might be lying but not disrespectful to the point of using material written with Chi in a brand new album. It wouldn't even be legal.

just sharing my opinion here. I think it could be the same song. drum pattern and tempo makes me believe that they are the same song.
dude, they writing Diamond Eyes songs less than a year after Chi's accident.
CMIIW Deftones never finished writing their albums in 1 year or less. unless they have some material before.

Edit: oh yeah, MAYBE, maybe Beauty School is a "finished" version of the Eros clip. it reminds me to FOD live clip and the studio version (SNW demos), they have different structures. and that MAYBE happen with the Eros clip.

luisch

I think: Just similar, but not the same song.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know