Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

and MAYBE now they writing new stuff similar to Beauty School, put it on EROS, and said that's the good ol' Eros clip. :p

SX King

If it is the same song which i do think they are similar in some ways and the melody would fit if the tempo was little faster. If Chino says they didnt use anything on Eros then do you think maybe Beauty School didnt make the album so they recycled it and used it for DE. Although it was weird when the leak happened and Chino was pist because he said it took 3 or for years of his life to write the material (or something to that effect).

Deftonic

Regarding Chi waking up and playing with the guys again, I've heard a lot of rumors about it. I went to Boston a few weeks ago to see the Blackdiamondskye tour, and I met this dude who was pretty much as big of a fan of the good ole 'tones as I am. He said something about the nerves in Chi's right arm being damaged to the point of his not being able to regain full motor function in his hand and fingers, so if and when he wakes up he wouldn't be able to play bass anymore. I kicked myself for not asking this guy where he got his info, cause I don't think he was lying. He was definitely a huge fan, he was wearing a Deftones t-shirt and was talking to me about his favorite songs and all that jazz. I really doubt he would just come up with random B.S. Then again, this is all purely speculation, nobody knows for sure, we'll all have to see whenever Chi wakes up. I really want to hear Eros as much as the next guy, but the possibility of it being released are getting slimmer and slimmer with each passing day  :( 
"Don't worry Seth, you're aiming for a small margin."

Rutje15

All I know about the release of Eros, is that it definitly will be released. But they want to wait 'till people don't see Eros in combination with Chi's accident. (Chino said this in an interview, I will look it up.) I wonder if that is ever gonna happen...

rock_n_frost

to be a part of the eros album doesnt mean chi have to play bass....he can just stay there and  work with them..

bastards....release this album
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

We don't know if the intro of the eros clips was a whole song that would be used on Eros or not.It could have been a little jam Chino and Abe wrote that never became anything.Maybe Chi doesn't have any rights to that.
When they had to hurry up and come up with something new (diamond eyes) it's quite possible that they went back to that little jam and developed it to Beauty School.

Secondly: Deftones has received much cred because they wrote diamond eyes rather quickly. IF some of those songs was Eros songs converted into diamond eyes,that cred would disappear in a way; they would not be as productive as artists if those fast written songs was old songs. That's why it's possible that they would be lying about those kind of things.

People have to stop using what the deftones says in interviews as super-reliable sources.  : )

(Before White pony was released, a little hip hop tune without lyrics was in a promo video for it. Lots of people thought that song would be on WP (A video of a wasted Abe was filmed in it,maybe someone remember,Video Shoot by Steph. The Eros intro could be of that nature, never a real song)

rock_n_frost

dude, its an eros song...
its clear..
they did work on it (bass, drums, guitar)....
it doesnt end like a -just an intro-...there is a fade out  so that is an absolute cut of the song..

is it beauty school ?
come on guys...beauty scool is a cool song but it CANT be better than that intro..
Why ?
Because beauty school is simple..
Just listen the drums and you ll see
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 12, 2010, 09:11 PM
dude, its an eros song...
its clear..
they did work on it (bass, drums, guitar)....
it doesnt end like a -just an intro-...there is a fade out  so that is an absolute cut of the song..

Dude....you haven't heard the eros sessions so you cannot possibly know if it's a finished song that would be on Eros or if it just was a jam.
Listen to the Saturday Night Wrist demo, tons of ideas and jams got canned.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Deftonic on Oct 12, 2010, 03:12 AM
Regarding Chi waking up and playing with the guys again, I've heard a lot of rumors about it. I went to Boston a few weeks ago to see the Blackdiamondskye tour, and I met this dude who was pretty much as big of a fan of the good ole 'tones as I am. He said something about the nerves in Chi's right arm being damaged to the point of his not being able to regain full motor function in his hand and fingers, so if and when he wakes up he wouldn't be able to play bass anymore. I kicked myself for not asking this guy where he got his info
well, in 2002 Dave Mustaine had saturday night wrist, and it screwed up the nerves in his playing hand badly. was told by doctors he'd never play guitar again, or never at the level he used to, but he said oh helll no and refused to except that and worked really hard and relearned how to play, got his hand working right again and plays as good as ever

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 13, 2010, 12:38 AM
Regarding Chi waking up and playing with the guys again, I've heard a lot of rumors about it. I went to Boston a few weeks ago to see the Blackdiamondskye tour, and I met this dude who was pretty much as big of a fan of the good ole 'tones as I am. He said something about the nerves in Chi's right arm being damaged to the point of his not being able to regain full motor function in his hand and fingers, so if and when he wakes up he wouldn't be able to play bass anymore. I kicked myself for not asking this guy where he got his info
well, in 2002 Dave Mustaine had saturday night wrist, and it screwed up the nerves in his playing hand badly. was told by doctors he'd never play guitar again, or never at the level he used to, but he said oh helll no and refused to except that and worked really hard and relearned how to play, got his hand working right again and plays as good as ever

A significant difference though: the fact that Dave started to play guitar again is not a good thing, but if Chi would play again it would be great.

Hidalgo

opinions opinions. i mainly just hope Chi can ever communicate again, and have conversations, even if it's slow or whatever

beansandcornbread

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 13, 2010, 01:04 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 13, 2010, 12:38 AM

A significant difference though: the fact that Dave started to play guitar again is not a good thing, but if Chi would play again it would be great.

Your insane.  That is all.

wooojorge

anyone heard about this Dallas song from the eros recordings?
Use just once, then destroy.

Inkblades

wooojorge

well it could be bull but i was checking info out on the eros album on wiki.  check it out if you want.  They mention a song called dallas.

wooojorge

well it could be bull but i was checking info out on the eros album on wiki.  check it out if you want.  They mention a song called dallas.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I can't forget about Eros. Even if I always wonder... ;D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

Quote from: wooojorge on Oct 15, 2010, 06:06 AM

Maybe they ran out of ideas for a new song and played the dallas theme. that's right, the dallas theme on Eros. Wouldn't that be the day

nineteen

I really, really want to hear this record now. I'm probably hyping it up to be some masterpiece but it has soooooo much meaning behind it.

I'll probably shit my pants (twice) if I ever hear it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: nineteen on Nov 26, 2010, 11:41 PM
I really, really want to hear this record now. I'm probably hyping it up to be some masterpiece but it has soooooo much meaning behind it.

I'll probably shit my pants (twice) if I ever hear it.
ME TOO DAMN IT AND NINETEEN MILLION OTHER PPLS' NAMES
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!