Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Vesanic

LOL

Ok, I googled it.

Inkblades

?

Anyway, that tracklisting seems phony to me.

pony_01

Electron§

If that is from Eros, I wouldn't mind, it actually sounds kinda sick, and the production of the drums sound like Abe's, and the vocals are kind of similar to Chino's high note, even the guitars dont sound that different from Stephens, I noticed that when I listened to the sample then went straight into "Damone", I automatically noticed the similarity, even the effects sound a little like the ones Frank uses on Diamond Eyes.

Electron§

Quote from: iceache on Feb 13, 2012, 05:41 AM
Quote from: juvenile on Feb 13, 2012, 04:00 AM
Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 12, 2012, 09:49 AM
found this http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=684960433.wav
Deftones EROS leaked? You decide.
is this deftones or not??

no way to tell
Except.. it's not hard to tell at all...

That sucks.

The only thing that really sucks about it is that little low guitar sound in the background which gives it a bit of an almost country influence, which doesn't sound Deftones at all and is just stupid anyways, but minus that, I think its possible.

There Will Be Blood

That song came from a CD someone found in a club a few years back.... If I remember correctly someone wrote Deftones on the CD in marker and it had like 5 tracks on it. So when someone on this forum found it he thought it was EROS but when he uploaded the other songs It was not at all Deftones. Maybe Vesanic can back me on this....?

Update: Penicks Posted the link to that thread I was talking about a few post up !

Vesanic

If I'm correct, he posted a second track and indeed, it didn't sound like Deftones at all. However, I must admit the first one sounds incredibly like them, music AND production wise.

kitesvera

Well Here is my 2 cents. First, a little about me, so you know where i am coming from. Deftones have been my fav band since i was 12 years old. I am now 26. I have heard everything they have done, with the exception of Eros and maybe one or 2 lost b sides. Vesanic will verify for you, if need be that i know my shit. I believe that this is deftones, here is why. The drums are definitely Abe Cunningham, the sound, the rhythm everything about it screams Abe. The synth sounds like Franks to me. Guitars sounds more like Chinos style of playing then Stefs but it could be him playing. The vocal part could also definitely be Chino. Now i dont think this is from Eros, however it could be. Chino claimed that Stef was the only person playing guitar on Eros, but in the studio videos Chino himself can be seen in the videos playing guitar so i dont know why he said only stef was playing guitar. So with that in mind it could be from the Eros sessions. You can also take in to account this information which was given to me by Mr. Shaun Lopez of Far/ Crosses: He told me that the album was very trippy and ambient and reminiscent of Pink Floyd, but also it was by far the heaviest material that they had written. He told me that he preferred what he heard on Eros over what came out to be Diamond Eyes.  So there you go, take is as you will, this is just my opinion of what i heard in the clip

Millennia

sounds amazing whoever it is

Vesanic

Quote from: kitesvera on Feb 14, 2012, 10:22 PM
Well Here is my 2 cents. First, a little about me, so you know where i am coming from. Deftones have been my fav band since i was 12 years old. I am now 26. I have heard everything they have done, with the exception of Eros and maybe one or 2 lost b sides. Vesanic will verify for you, if need be that i know my shit. I believe that this is deftones, here is why. The drums are definitely Abe Cunningham, the sound, the rhythm everything about it screams Abe. The synth sounds like Franks to me. Guitars sounds more like Chinos style of playing then Stefs but it could be him playing. The vocal part could also definitely be Chino. Now i dont think this is from Eros, however it could be. Chino claimed that Stef was the only person playing guitar on Eros, but in the studio videos Chino himself can be seen in the videos playing guitar so i dont know why he said only stef was playing guitar. So with that in mind it could be from the Eros sessions. You can also take in to account this information which was given to me by Mr. Shaun Lopez of Far/ Crosses: He told me that the album was very trippy and ambient and reminiscent of Pink Floyd, but also it was by far the heaviest material that they had written. He told me that he preferred what he heard on Eros over what came out to be Diamond Eyes.  So there you go, take is as you will, this is just my opinion of what i heard in the clip

Yes, yes and yes. Just one thing though, Chino was playing bass in the Eros videos, if I'm correct.

Electron§

I noticed that in this video....

Deftones eros in studio 2008 clip 5

....In the background you can hear some heavily distorted guitar, with no drums or bass it seems.

At first I thought maybe they were just listening to the radio or a CD or whatever while playing cards, but I think its kind of interesting how you hear no drums, and Abe is sitting right there, then at the end of the video, randomly says "Thats a song... lets check it" and leaves, almost as if hes realizing its his time to rehearse some drum parts for the song. As for who's playing the guitar (since Steph's sitting right there), its clearly Chino, going it alone in the studio.

Sounds pretty sick....

snw9

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Feb 13, 2012, 11:51 PM
That song came from a CD someone found in a club a few years back.... If I remember correctly someone wrote Deftones on the CD in marker and it had like 5 tracks on it. So when someone on this forum found it he thought it was EROS but when he uploaded the other songs It was not at all Deftones. Maybe Vesanic can back me on this....?

Update: Penicks Posted the link to that thread I was talking about a few post up !

So where can we find the rest of the tracks? I wanna listen to them
Code: [Select]

Electron§

I think its kinda interesting how in this video Chino kinda fucks up his words a few times when trying to describe the time period between Eros and Diamond Eyes.

Deftones Interview '09

"We recorded another version of the record-or uh...not a version of the record....another record which was titled Eros..."

"We stepped away from the studio for a little while, before finishing it, and when we decided to continue on, when Sergio came in, we started writing more songs."

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

yes, interesting. I piss myself laughing at Abe every time i've seen this interview! ;D He's like ::) shut the fuck up Chino.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

kitesvera

Yes, yes and yes. Just one thing though, Chino was playing bass in the Eros videos, if I'm correct.
[/quote]

At the begining of that video thats is posted above hes playing one of stefs ESP guitars, not a bass. Dont know about the other videos cuz i havent seen them in so long...