Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heartache666

....In the background you can hear some heavily distorted guitar, with no drums or bass it seems.

At first I thought maybe they were just listening to the radio or a CD or whatever while playing cards, but I think its kind of interesting how you hear no drums, and Abe is sitting right there, then at the end of the video, randomly says "Thats a song... lets check it" and leaves, almost as if hes realizing its his time to rehearse some drum parts for the song. As for who's playing the guitar (since Steph's sitting right there), its clearly Chino, going it alone in the studio.

Sounds pretty sick....

Abe actually says "there's a song" he's referencing "the gambler" by  kenny rogers to go along with what Steph is talking about.

[/quote]

Vesanic

Quote from: kitesvera on Feb 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
At the begining of that video thats is posted above hes playing one of stefs ESP guitars, not a bass. Dont know about the other videos cuz i havent seen them in so long...

It's way too blurry to be sure but it really looks like a bass to me. And I think the fact he was playing a bass had been discussed back when these videos appeared. I could be wrong, of course.

tarkil

I must say the drums sound just like Abe yes...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

pony_01

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 16, 2012, 04:06 PM

this +1

snw9

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 16, 2012, 07:05 PM

this +1

The drums do sound like abe but the guitar and bass is something deftones have NEVER done. Again, they always recreate some unique sounds on each record so who knows...
Code: [Select]

pony_01

Quote from: juvenile on Feb 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 16, 2012, 07:05 PM

this +1

The drums do sound like abe but the guitar and bass is something deftones have NEVER done. Again, they always recreate some unique sounds on each record so who knows...

i think the guitar is quite like Feiticera, which is, the one and only, Stephen Carpenter.

hole-in-the-earth

I read this article , pretty recent, that says they should release Eros, or at least a song or two, to help pay off Chi's medical expenses. I mean, think about that, they're already working on a new album so when that comes out, the other members won't have to worry about money or anything. So all of those proceeds will go to Chi's medical bills, which we all know his family is struggling to pay. It probably won't pay ALL of the money off, but it will sure as hell help them a lot. After hearing that view, I'm actually surprised Deftones HAVEN'T done that.

iceache

Quote from: hole-in-the-earth on Feb 21, 2012, 11:01 PM
I read this article , pretty recent, that says they should release Eros, or at least a song or two, to help pay off Chi's medical expenses. I mean, think about that, they're already working on a new album so when that comes out, the other members won't have to worry about money or anything. So all of those proceeds will go to Chi's medical bills, which we all know his family is struggling to pay. It probably won't pay ALL of the money off, but it will sure as hell help them a lot. After hearing that view, I'm actually surprised Deftones HAVEN'T done that.

It's not their decision.

hole-in-the-earth

Yeah, I suppose your right, there's also personal matters involved too... And the fact that they would want Chi to finish the work he started at his own pace. Makes sense either way, I guess.

snw9

Quote from: iceache on Feb 22, 2012, 12:00 AM

It's not their decision.

The Record Label owns the rights to Eros and let's face it, despite them knowing what CHI's situation is, not a single dime will go his way.

This whole Eros situation has got me thinking. Diamond eyes did extremely well for the Label and the band and their next album, hoping its amazin and hard hitting as diamond eyes will setup a very revenue rewarding marketing campaign for Eros. For example, they can say it is the long-awaited delayed album of deftones which people will flock to buy.

hole-in-the-earth

Yeah! There's an idea... Record companies suck so much... But what are you gonna do, I guess, right? Maybe Deftones should go independent?

Electron§

Wait.... so they've openly stated their thinking about releasing Eros (or a song or two as you said) for Chi?

skinnypuppy

Yea, and Entertain Me has a release date.

#LOL

hole-in-the-earth

Noooothey haven't said that. I was referring to an earlier post.. But they have said they want to release it at some point, preferable when Chi's wakes up and is ready to play again.

snw9

Quote from: hole-in-the-earth on Feb 22, 2012, 10:08 PM
Noooothey haven't said that. I was referring to an earlier post.. But they have said they want to release it at some point, preferable when Chi's wakes up and is ready to play again.

Yes this is completely true.

deftoolsys07

Regarding that snippet that sounds like something off of Eros... it's not. Nor is it Deftones. C'mon now, guys...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Visitant

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Feb 23, 2012, 05:57 AM
Regarding that snippet that sounds like something off of Eros... it's not. Nor is it Deftones. C'mon now, guys...
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

iceache

doesn't even sound like them.

Electron§

Quote from: iceache on Feb 23, 2012, 06:34 AM

doesn't even sound like them.

But then again, if you heard a snippet of "Xerces" or "Lucky You" when Adrenaline was out, you wouldn't think it was Deftones either. This is just how Deftones are, constantly evolving their already unique sound, which is in my opinion, one of the biggest reasons its entirely possible this could have been produced by them.

Electron§

Quote from: hole-in-the-earth on Feb 22, 2012, 10:08 PM

Oh I know which post you're talking about, but I got excited and wanted to think you meant it was confirmed....  :'(