Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hello blixa

Started by your sister gets me hard, May 18, 2010, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Jul 19, 2011, 06:31 PM
I have a phone phobia too, but it's a little different. I can't call people. I just can't. Talking on the phone is really fucking weird. And when I do talk on the phone I get a lot of anxiety and my voice gets five octaves higher.

hahaha my voice changes too. like in the morning it's really deep and raspy. i tend to be a bit more brave in answering a call when its just woken me up. i also made one drunk phone call. bad idea. funny but embarrassing.

Variable

So, I must admit to you that I was wrong about something.

I have been doing some more reading lately, and I thought about it some more. I take back what I said about Assange and Wikileaks. I think I like the guy and what he's doing.

tarkil

wow, I guess you would have to develop your view there...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

Sorry if I seem dense for asking. But are you saying that you would like me to explain further?

tarkil

Hmmm yes... I'm just surprised that you changed your views, cause it seems that you were really against what that guy did, not so long ago, so I'm really curious about what caused that

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

because trey wasn't able to resist a gorgeous face like julian's. and he has such a gorgeous face.

poofing acid

Assange raped bitches in sweden then bombed and shot up norway.  It's the same guy!

blixa

they look nothing alike!!!

just watched this tonight:
Frost over the World - Julian Assange

he talks about his case quite indepth.

poofing acid

24 minutes?  I'll watch an episode of Seinfeld instead.

blixa

then don't shoot your mouth off about him being a rapist when you can't be bothered to know the facts. it's a good interview so it won't be 24 mins wasted.

Variable

Shit. I forgot that I was supposed to be a part of this conversations.

Pretty  much, when I was talking about this guy earlier, I didn't REALLY know a whole lot about what was going on. I hope I at least said something about how I didn't really know what was leaked and I didn't know the whole story. I hope.

Now, I have done a little bit more reading and research on this subject. I started to realized that I was letting my opinion be shaped by the voices of the media and the politicians who had something-to-lose.

Without going into a GIANT explanation. I don't really see why the government needs to be so secreative. That seems like a good premise to how a society like Oceania could come into real life.

I am in the US Military. And you know what? I don't think a single person has died because of Wikileaks. And you know what else? If my life is a little bit more at risk because my government is transparent, I would rather thake that, than have a secretive government.

Because Assange wasn't lying about anything, he was simply showing the Truth. And he hasn't gotten anyone killed. Now, the US Government on the other hand. They have like a WHOLE LOT, and gotten a lot of us killed.

Here is a quote from Ron Paul. He was speaking on the House floor. He is asking what caused more deaths " Lying us into war or the release of the WikiLeaks papers?" ..... " What we need is more WikiLeaks.... In a free society, We're supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, People who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

poofing acid

Quote from: blixa on Jul 28, 2011, 04:11 AM
then don't shoot your mouth off about him being a rapist when you can't be bothered to know the facts. it's a good interview so it won't be 24 mins wasted.

You Australians are are so sensitive.

poofing acid

Quote from: poofing acid on Jul 28, 2011, 11:58 PM

And they never answer their phones.

blixa

Quote from: Variable on Jul 28, 2011, 09:59 PM

Pretty  much, when I was talking about this guy earlier, I didn't REALLY know a whole lot about what was going on. I hope I at least said something about how I didn't really know what was leaked and I didn't know the whole story. I hope.

Now, I have done a little bit more reading and research on this subject. I started to realized that I was letting my opinion be shaped by the voices of the media and the politicians who had something-to-lose.

Without going into a GIANT explanation. I don't really see why the government needs to be so secreative. That seems like a good premise to how a society like Oceania could come into real life.

I am in the US Military. And you know what? I don't think a single person has died because of Wikileaks. And you know what else? If my life is a little bit more at risk because my government is transparent, I would rather thake that, than have a secretive government.

Because Assange wasn't lying about anything, he was simply showing the Truth. And he hasn't gotten anyone killed. Now, the US Government on the other hand. They have like a WHOLE LOT, and gotten a lot of us killed.

Here is a quote from Ron Paul. He was speaking on the House floor. He is asking what caused more deaths " Lying us into war or the release of the WikiLeaks papers?" ..... " What we need is more WikiLeaks.... In a free society, We're supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, People who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

i like what you said. i totally agree with ron paul. i'm not trying to be rude but did you start liking assange because of ron paul or because you thought to yourself, "gee, i wanna know more about this guy." you should watch frost over the world because he speaks a bit about america and a bit about bradley manning.

i had this horrid nightmare where he got extradited to sweden and then america extradited him for espionage and then he was put to death.

blixa

Quote from: poofing acid on Jul 29, 2011, 10:41 AM
Quote from: poofing acid on Jul 28, 2011, 11:58 PM

And they never answer their phones.

there was no way i could say that first bit without sounding like a dick.

Penicks

yes there was

"i value your opinion greatly dear variable, but there's really more to julian than you might think. if you don't have enough time to watch the interview, here are some clifs: (insert interview clifs here). have a great day"

blixa

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 01, 2011, 06:06 PM
yes there was

"i value your opinion greatly dear variable, but there's really more to julian than you might think. if you don't have enough time to watch the interview, here are some clifs: (insert interview clifs here). have a great day"

it was aimed at steven, not trey. and i don't value steven's opinions about julian hahaha they are all bad.

Quote from: poofing acid on Aug 01, 2011, 08:35 PM
http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,1089778638001_0,00.html

i like this song! so unlike them to make a good song...

poofing acid

Variable

Quote from: blixa on Jul 29, 2011, 03:00 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 28, 2011, 09:59 PM

i like what you said. i totally agree with ron paul. i'm not trying to be rude but did you start liking assange because of ron paul or because you thought to yourself, "gee, i wanna know more about this guy." you should watch frost over the world because he speaks a bit about america and a bit about bradley manning.

i had this horrid nightmare where he got extradited to sweden and then america extradited him for espionage and then he was put to death.
Ha. I felt like throwing out a disclaimner about the Ron Paul quote. That my opinion was already shifting before I read that quote, and shifted more due to stuff I read after I read that quote. I know that everybody knows that I'm all over Dr. Paul's nuts, so I didn't want anyone to think that I just let him do all my thinking for me (because that's not what happened.) I just think that quote is spot on. Also, I'm trying to keep the length of my post down, because I know people dont usually read really long post. So this ^ much extra text, for a disclaimer,  just seemed like it would be counter productive.

And I will watch that, promise.

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 01, 2011, 06:06 PM
yes there was

I value your opinion too brother (even though I don't think you REALLY meant that). I have done what I would consider to be at least the minimum academic research to create an opinion and stand by it. But If you have any arguments that he is still a douche, I'm all ears.

I really do think that I have to side with government transparency over government secrets though. Many people read books like "1984" or "Brave New World" and laugh it off because they don't see how "it could ever get that bad." They arrogantly think that they, themselves, could never be tricked into being brainwashed by Big Brother.
But this is how it happens, subtlety and over time. A government that works for the people, shouldn't keep secrets from the people. Of course there is always exceptions, but not like what the US is doing today. I can find the numbers of documents being classified each month if anyone really doubts that they are anything but astounding.