raynor

third post and that's it:

do people say yapping?

poofing acid

Quote from: raynor on Apr 12, 2011, 09:06 PM
Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 11, 2011, 10:02 PM
Buy it!

http://groupees.yawma.net/
how many times have you seen Umphrey's? It might be time for me to seriously check them out, since you've been yapping about them the last five years or so.

Haha.  Take a guess.

poofing acid

third post and that's it:

do people say yapping?

Yes.  I mostly use the "I have no idea what that bitch was yapping about"

blixa

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 11, 2011, 10:02 PM
Buy it!

http://groupees.yawma.net/
how many times have you seen Umphrey's? It might be time for me to seriously check them out, since you've been yapping about them the last five years or so.

he's their groupie. i'm in the same boat as you. steven should up some of their stuff.

devilinside

So,after many hours of  crying and watching Peta and other video's of the cruelty done to animals for milk/meat,I have decided to do the 30 day vegan challenge. I know it's gonna be a hard transition,and I will most likely convert to vegetarianism (?),but I can't mentally get myself to eat meat again. :(

blixa

see! and everyone calls me a hippie because i'm vegan. it's not because i'm a hippie, it's because i truly love all animals and i cannot condone nor support (by being a consumer of animal products) any cruelty done to them.

i'm so happy for you, kelly. you're going to feel so much better inside and you will feel it on the outside. i was vegetarian for a year before becoming vegan. i find dairy gross so it was very easy to make the change. you should also read 'eating animals' by jonathan safran foer. it is a brilliant book!

poofing acid

If I wasn't allowed to eat meat anymore I'd probably kill myself.

blixa

i won't marry someone who eats meat. too much conflict in the kitchen would drive me insane.

chick de la lynch

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if a guy I was married to isn't a vegetarian. Usually when I'm visiting my dad's side of the family I have to fend for myself. A few weeks ago all of my dad's brothers came into town. The only thing I could eat was Spanish Rice and a tortilla. Even the beans had meat in it. I've just gotten used to sharing a kitchen with meat eaters and being around people who just don't give a fuck if you're a vegetarian. As long as the man I love respects my dietary decisions and doesn't force me to eat meat, I'd be okay with him not being vegetarian.

poofing acid

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 23, 2011, 07:51 PM
If I wasn't allowed to eat meat anymore or I ended up married to Mazzy, I'd probably kill myself.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 24, 2011, 04:09 AM
It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if a guy I was married to isn't a vegetarian. Usually when I'm visiting my dad's side of the family I have to fend for myself. A few weeks ago all of my dad's brothers came into town. The only thing I could eat was Spanish Rice and a tortilla. Even the beans had meat in it. I've just gotten used to sharing a kitchen with meat eaters and being around people who just don't give a fuck if you're a vegetarian. As long as the man I love respects my dietary decisions and doesn't force me to eat meat, I'd be okay with him not being vegetarian.

same here about the family full of meat eaters. i just don't want to be apart of that for the rest of my life. i want to raise my kids vegan so it is important for me to marry someone who doesn't eat meat.

Variable

Quote from: blixa on Apr 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
see! and everyone calls me a hippie because i'm vegan. it's not because i'm a hippie, it's because i truly love all animals and i cannot condone nor support (by being a consumer of animal products) any cruelty done to them.

i'm so happy for you, kelly. you're going to feel so much better inside and you will feel it on the outside. i was vegetarian for a year before becoming vegan. i find dairy gross so it was very easy to make the change. you should also read 'eating animals' by jonathan safran foer. it is a brilliant book!
Dude, John Lennon was a hippie. If someone calls you a hippie, take it as a compliment. 

Variable

BTW, I don't know if I'm way off here.  But does your sig have anything to do with the progression of logical thinking?  In that people used to believe that horses ran with their feet outward when they were elevated off the ground, instead of the opposite (which is true) ?

chick de la lynch

I thought it had to do with Eadweard Muybridge and that bet he made with that one dude about all four hooves leaving the ground.

Variable

I'm pretty sure that we're both 100% correct

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Apr 25, 2011, 03:35 AMIn that people used to believe that horses ran with their feet outward when they were elevated off the ground, instead of the opposite (which is true) ?

I don't get this...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devilinside

I LOVE meat,but those videos just made me sick. So I'm not doing the vegan right now because that is extremely hard to start off with,so I'm trying the vegetarian diet. Dairy is my weakness...I adore cheese. Milk I've never drank so thats not a biggie,it's just cheese! haha Do you know of any good vegetarian cookbooks I can buy?

blixa

my sig is there to show my absolute adoration for eadweard muybridge and his contribution to the photographic medium.

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 25, 2011, 08:00 PM

I LOVE meat,but those videos just made me sick. So I'm not doing the vegan right now because that is extremely hard to start off with,so I'm trying the vegetarian diet. Dairy is my weakness...I adore cheese. Milk I've never drank so thats not a biggie,it's just cheese! haha Do you know of any good vegetarian cookbooks I can buy?

there is one that i think you'll really like and it's called 'the american vegetarian cookbook from the fit for life kitchen' by marilyn diamond. it's PACKED with recipes. it's got great ways to make all the basics as well as other great ideas. plus, it's got an extensive section on vitamins and minerals and which foods are high in each. if you have that book, you're pretty much set. my friend has one called 'vegetarian epicure' by anna thomas and she raves on and on about it. if you decide to go vegan on some days then make sure you get 'how it all vegan!'. it is brilliant! i used it when i was over my friends house in the mountains.

saying that, i don't really use cookbooks per se. i cut recipes out of magazines and newspapers and i adapt them because i enjoy the challenge. i mostly bake a lot. whenever i cook something it's always on a whim. i think cooking sort of runs in my blood because my mother is an amazing cook and i've been beside her while she used to cook ever since i was a little kid. i developed a knack for cooking. it probably seems daunting that you have to start cooking in a completely new way by cutting out so much of what you're used to eating but it literally does get easier. i understand how you feel because i wouldn't have any idea how to cook eggs, meat, seafood etc. i'd have no fucking clue.

Variable

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Apr 25, 2011, 04:53 AM
I thought it had to do with Eadweard Muybridge and that bet he made with that one dude about all four hooves leaving the ground.
after looking into it a little more, we're talking about the same thing.  People just use Muybridge's example of how a common misconception could be proven wrong through the scientific process, to prove that human beings are not born with the ability to think critically and use logic, we had to discover these processes over thousands of years, then be taught them. 

Tarkil, thats what I was talking about.  People used to believe that a horse had all 4 hooves off the groun when it's legs were extended forwards and backwards.  Then, thanks to film technology, we were able to slow the gallop down and realize that the exact opposite was true.  It's just a simple example at how humans often think they are correct, even though it actually doesn't make any sense and can eventually be proven wrong. 

blixa

i don't watch house or anything but i caught the 'fall from grace' episode with christopher marquette and thought it was great. marquette is so underrated. he's a brilliant actor.