Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hello blixa

Started by your sister gets me hard, May 18, 2010, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Me too!! I saw this preview a month or so back and was ecstatic!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sys-Wn3nlU

I know with season 2 they kinda made it all about Maryann and didn't stick to the book as much. So seeing Eric like that confirms the witches are coming!! *eep*

I do own all the books. I haven't had time to get 11 yet,but will probably run and get it tomorrow. I'm just hoping it's better than the last one.

blixa

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SHOWER SCENE FROM BOOK FOUR! they better put that in there. that part in the book was so hot.

book 10 was so fucking boring. nothing really happened. i think it was more of an exploration of sookie and eric's relationship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUIsQCzhSRs

i love pam! i'm so pumped for this season.

devilinside

Aah I love her too. She's hilarious. I like Hoyt and Jessica too,they're soo sweet.

chick de la lynch

I've tried watching True Blood and it's just...horrible. Every other woman I know loves this show except me, and every other man I know hates this show including me. I swear, I must be wired all wrong for my gender.

poofing acid

I watch it lol.  SOOOOOOKIE!

lukas989

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 04, 2011, 06:01 PM
I've tried watching True Blood and it's just...horrible. Every other woman I know loves this show except me, and every other man I know hates this show including me. I swear, I must be wired all wrong for my gender.

Sweet - Im not the only one!  I think its bollocks.

poofing acid

I was so disappointed when I found out jessica was a fake redhead.

devilinside

Quote from: poofing acid on May 04, 2011, 06:03 PM
I watch it lol.  SOOOOOOKIE!

HAHAHA!!!!! SOOOKIE IS MIIINE!! You just made my day!

Quote from: poofing acid on May 04, 2011, 07:14 PM
I was so disappointed when I found out jessica was a fake redhead.

She's not?!? I think she is absolutely gorgeous,to me,the best looking woman on the show. Tara looks like Pharrell Williams with weave. D'oh!!!

devilinside

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 04, 2011, 06:01 PM

Nah,I know a few women that don't care for it either. Oddly though,I know a lot of men that love it! I guess because they show soo much T & A. I just have a deep love for Eric Northman,and I can honestly say,if I hadn't read the books and know what is about to happen,I might not watch. I HATE Bill and I'm not a fan of Anna Paquin's acting. But I adore Jason,Pam and Lafayette.

chick de la lynch

Anna Pacquin's acting has always rubbed me the wrong way, which is probably a big reason why I don't like the show. I'm glad to hear that someone who is a fan of the show isn't crazy about her performance, either.

blixa

sookie is even more annoying in the fucking book, man. she goes on and on about how hot she is, about her fucking blonde hair and gorgeous body. I FUCKING GET IT, SOOKIE STACKHOUSE - YOU'RE HOT!!!

i think the other characters make up the show in a lot of sense. sure, the whole thing is centered around sookie but she is hugely supported by the other characters that you won't even be able to tell that she's kind of a weak character. the way they approached sookie being a fairy last season was really bad. i don't even want to talk about how bad it was. i'm having high hopes for this season because it is based on book four and that means sookie and eric will get a lot of air time and their relationship will get explored.

OH, FUCK THIS. THERE IS ONE REASON I WATCH THE DAMN SHOW:

but also, i'm kind of interested about this divide in alan ball's fanbase. there are people who love this show and others who hate it. it is nothing like six feet under. i'm presuming this because i've never seen six feet under. i've just been told by my friend that they're quite different.

chick de la lynch

Six Feet Under is a totally different show. I still can't believe he made something like True Blood, because they are seriously that different.

With Six Feet Under, it is very Alan Ball-ish where there are fantasy sequences and the drama is turned up a notch. At the same time, it does deal with the reality of death and grieving. It really examines the personal lives and thoughts of the Fisher family in an amusing, tongue-in-cheek kind of way. It's easier to relate to this show than a show about vampires living in the Bayou, and I think that's kind of where the divide lies. Ball went from creating a show with real characters in real situations to a show that is just pure fantasy. It's one of the other reasons why I don't like True Blood. I'm a whore for Six Feet Under. It was a show that made me cry several times, and a show I related to the most. Looking at something like True Blood is kind of depressing for me just because that sentimentality and real emotion that made Six Feet Under amazing diminished with the creation of True Blood that heavily relies on sex, gore and fangs. It's a snobby answer, but for those who were acquainted with Six Feet Under before True Blood might understand a little bit more.

lukas989

Quote from: blixa on May 05, 2011, 06:04 AM
but also, i'm kind of interested about this divide in alan ball's fanbase. there are people who love this show and others who hate it. it is nothing like six feet under. i'm presuming this because i've never seen six feet under. i've just been told by my friend that they're quite different.

By golly - get the box set - its the greatest show of all time.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lukas989 on May 05, 2011, 07:51 AM
Quote from: blixa on May 05, 2011, 06:04 AM

By golly - get the box set - its the greatest show of all time.
i wouldn't go that far, but it is a great show. they brought the drama in that. and it has DEXTEEEERRRRR!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

this is the place where you can complain about having attractive older siblings. i didn't realise that it was going to haunt me 24 years later. i spoke to my friends mum and she said she has a beautiful older sister and you never grow out of feeling like a complete loser most days. i'm mostly complaining because my sister got blessed in the looks department and i got tossed on the side like stray dog.

people's eyes literally LIGHT UP when my sister pays them any attention or even when they see her.

Nailec

so you like blixa bargeld :D

i just listened to the neubauten - interpretation of Heiner Müllers "Hamletmaschine". its so great (if you understand german)

can you recommend something from blixa for me? i havent got any music of them.

devilinside

Oh I LOVE Six Feet Under! I can see some resemblance in both shows,but they both have their own appeal. Some of the "cut to" or the "dream like" scenes in TB remind me of SFU. But I am a big fan of both shows,I just wish Alan would stick to the book more...even though I know the show is just BASED on the books. Because the whole Marianne season was total shit.

Got it last night and am halfway through. I'll give my opinion on it when I get finished. But I'm one of those horrible people that go to the last pages and read a few...and from what I read,I was a tiny bit sad. :(

blixa

Quote from: Nailec on May 05, 2011, 06:38 PM
so you like blixa bargeld :D

i just listened to the neubauten - interpretation of Heiner Müllers "Hamletmaschine". its so great (if you understand german)

can you recommend something from blixa for me? i havent got any music of them.

from his solo stuff? pick up ret maruk handshake because i recommend you start there before going further into neubauten. unfortunately i can't speak german but i can appreciate it for what it is.

Quote from: devilinside on May 05, 2011, 07:46 PM
Oh I LOVE Six Feet Under! I can see some resemblance in both shows,but they both have their own appeal. Some of the "cut to" or the "dream like" scenes in TB remind me of SFU. But I am a big fan of both shows,I just wish Alan would stick to the book more...even though I know the show is just BASED on the books. Because the whole Marianne season was total shit.

Got it last night and am halfway through. I'll give my opinion on it when I get finished. But I'm one of those horrible people that go to the last pages and read a few...and from what I read,I was a tiny bit sad. :(

she's setting it up for a reunion between sookie and bill, isn't she? my friend said that's what it felt like she was doing. DAMN HER! plus i think she needs to end it soon. eleven books is a bit of a stretch.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Ack I can't stand her!! I think she's trying to follow in the footsteps of Madonna with the shock factor...and failing. Though I do love this video,for only one reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2smz_1L2_0