Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

I've always believed that chinos lyrics often were a couple of cool sounding phrases that are tossed together in songs. and that it is up to the listener to fantasize up something because chino doesn't really have anything to say. it's probably unfair. although he said himself in 2010 that his lyrics really doesn't mean anything, that he just paint pictures.

but, wouldn't such a song like change, with those stage performance lyrics, be on a more up tempo energy-driven song like street carp,bts,korea? weird that he chose to write that text to change cause change is this little semi sad mellow spooky haunting vampirish song . what's so spooky and sad about that fan/crowd thing?  

Frequency_Chemist

I think that some of Chino's lyrics are just phrases and feelings, but I can't go as far as to say that they're all that way. I've heard him say the same exact thing, but i've also heard him say that Mascara was about celeste and that risk was about Chi. Personally, my opinion is that he doesn't always want to talk about what is songs mean, because of how personal it is. I also think like i said before that he wants fans to interpet in they're own way. So it's sort of mix of things.

As far as the change lyrics...I can see where your coming from, but I disagree. The feeling the song gets when the whole "look at the crowd"..."give you the gun" part and whatnot is perfect. I don't know if you've ever had an experience where something is surreal to you and your actually kind of outside yourself. It's tough to explain. Also I dont think the whole song is about the live performance, but the bridge definetly is in my mind. Like I said it's just my opinion and I could be way off.

Also i wanted to point out that i think there are a lot of coke references in this song.

from_musings

Quote from: Frequency_Chemist on Jun 19, 2011, 11:32 AM
The feeling the song gets when the whole "look at the crowd"..."give you the gun" part and whatnot is perfect.

i'm pretty sure it's "i look at the cross" not "crowd". that explains a lot why you think it's about standing on a stage and looking at a crowd.

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 19, 2011, 01:09 PM
Quote from: Frequency_Chemist on Jun 19, 2011, 11:32 AM
The feeling the song gets when the whole "look at the crowd"..."give you the gun" part and whatnot is perfect.

i'm pretty sure it's "i look at the cross" not "crowd". that explains a lot why you think it's about standing on a stage and looking at a crowd.

Wtf dude i know theres a fucking I in it i'm not deaf. I didn't think I had to type every word of the damn bridge for you. How would the absence of the word I make a difference anyway? 

from_musings

no it's not about the "i", forget about the "i".

i mean it's "i look at the cross,and i look away, give you the gun - blow me away"

i didn't get where you got that crowd thing from.and when you type "look at the crowd" insted of "look at the cross" maybe you heard it wrong and start painting scenarious round that word? not trying to fight you, just understand you

Frequency_Chemist

Lol dude i'm a moron and totally read that last message wrong...apparently i'm blind and deaf.

from_musings

you're like mr magoo with lots of earwax ; )  but we all make mistakes,everyhing's cool.glad this is in the bullshit thread though

One_Weak

What are y'alls interpretation of this verse? Or is there a generally known meaning that I'm missing
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

iceache

It's words. In a song. That mean nothing.

from_musings

what's your interpretation of the fact that your threads constantly end up in the bullshit thread?

One_Weak

My interpretation? I don't know. I don't know why my questions are criticized when they're so simply put. Im new to this forum, and this band, and see nothing wrong with my threads.

They're words. In a thread. That yield curiosity.
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

from_musings

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 20, 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know why my questions are criticized when they're so simply put. Im new to this forum, and this band, and see nothing wrong with my threads.

perhaps they're too simple and banal? every thought or question about the deftones can't be a new topic.that's why the bullshit thread was created.
are you crazy breed?

pony_01

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 20, 2011, 04:34 PM
I don't know why my questions are criticized when they're so simply put. Im new to this forum, and this band, and see nothing wrong with my threads.

perhaps they're too simple and banal? every thought or question about the deftones can't a new be a topic.that's why the bullshit thread was created. are you crazy breed?

welcome to sharinglungs! :D

Penicks

chiango tript he fel dawn sum stares n he hurt so hi got 15 stithces n then in da hospitol he wos watchink a comedy n it wos tryin 2 take stabs at oter moveies but it wosnt tat good

Vesanic

Yeah, seriously, use the bullshit thread for that kind of... " bullshit ".

One_Weak

Does this mean, then, that nobody here has any interpretation whatsoever about the verse? Wow, that's fucking pathetic

One_Weak

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 20, 2011, 04:34 PM

perhaps they're too simple and banal? every thought or question about the deftones can't be a new topic.that's why the bullshit thread was created.
are you crazy breed?

So now that my topic/question is IN this thread, its still being criticized and not discussed. True, I guess I should've posted it here, seeing how so many other people's questions even in this thread are being discussed as they oughtta be.

Btw..if my question is "banal" then that would mean there's some other way to word it, because a bask question regarding a lyric is bask for a reason. What else are forums for? So far I've gotten a few curiosities answered elsewhere, in regards to WGTB and Fireal, but when I touch on Dai the Flu--no, scratch that, just one verse--everyone flips their shit

Vesanic

You don't get the point, man. I see where you're coming from, though. I mean, I was myself an annoying noob posting some useless shit when I first joined. Maybe I'm still posting some useless stuff but I think I've " improved ". Anyway, I say " useless " but that's not exactly what I mean nor what it actually is.

Of course forums are made to discuss lots of topics, but if we create one topic for each line from each song, it's going to be a fucking mess, you know ? So instead of having that ton of topics, let's organize this and dedicate one big topic to all the " not so important " questions.

Nevertheless, I agree with you when you say that your question is still not discussed even though it's now in the bullshit thread. So, people, be nice and help the guy out.

Quote from: One_Weak on Jun 20, 2011, 06:38 PM
Does this mean, then, that nobody here has any interpretation whatsoever about the verse? Wow, that's fucking pathetic

On the other hand, you should also watch your mouth, if I may say. It's not because nobody answers that nobody has an interpretation. And even if nobody here has an interpretation of that specific line, I don't see why this would be pathetic or in what way it makes them pathetic, if that's what you imply. Not in my opinion, at least.

One_Weak

Much respect, Vesanic. I will try to regulate my bullshit output here but who knows...

My other bit of bitchiness was in regards to one user calling my question banal. I just don't get that. But I do know what u mean...one thread for one song each, let alone one line, a fucking mess indeed.

Now that we're here though, I'll try and be more patient less ignorant in hopes of getting some open interpretations

Penicks

i gife u a exlapnation n u act liek a ashol wel fuk u then fucker