Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP

Started by There Will Be Blood, Jun 21, 2011, 02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

he also delivered the classic line "SERPENTINE, SERPENTINE!"
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

indychinoluv

No Sympathy whatsoever for Ryan Dunn. Sure, I feel sorry for his freinds and family that will miss him every day, but if ht's dumb enough to get smashed and drive...Good!

The world just got lighter

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 21, 2011, 06:09 AM
Well, in around a 24-hour period, we've had Clarence Clemons and Ryan Dunn. I'm still banking on Charlie Sheen to round out the rule of 3.

Charlie Sheen? Nah he's too busy winning to die  ;D:
Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen

On a more serious note though, I'm a little shocked (not really, I'm a bit of a cynic myself, but still) to see people saying they have no sympathy for Ryan Dunn. What's up with that? I guess none of you have ever driven while under the influence before? Come on really? I'm the odd man out then, I've driven drunk and/or high many times, but I'm still here. So I actually do have sympathy for Ryan Dunn, even though I still don't miss him being alive or care that he's dead.

Jacob

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 10, 2011, 12:36 PM
On a more serious note though, I'm a little shocked (not really, I'm a bit of a cynic myself, but still) to see people saying they have no sympathy for Ryan Dunn. What's up with that? I guess none of you have ever driven while under the influence before? Come on really? I'm the odd man out then, I've driven drunk and/or high many times, but I'm still here. So I actually do have sympathy for Ryan Dunn, even though I still don't miss him being alive or care that he's dead.

nah, you're just a lucky idiot. remember asshole, you're not only putting your own life at stake when driving under influence.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

from_musings

I guess none of you have ever driven while under the influence before? Come on really?

haha why is that so fucking hard to believe? what a retard

TheSeeker1080

Oh, so I'm automatically an idiot, retard, and an asshole just because I've driven a car drunk before? And someone else who has done so and lost his life doesn't deserve sympathy? I might be an asshole but I'm no retard or idiot. And out of all the times I've driven Under the Influence no one ever got hurt, so don't get your panties in a bunch. And yes, I did find it hard to believe because I don't picture straight edge kids listen to music like Deftones. Because it is pretty rare that you are not striaght edges and that you have been to parties or gotten drunk before and not driven home after, if you have good for you, but that is no reason to get all holier than thou and lower yourself to name calling.

Oldnewtype

dude i dont even have a drivers license and ive driven drunk. its waaayyyy different in the boonies though.

indychinoluv

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 21, 2011, 06:09 AM
Well, in around a 24-hour period, we've had Clarence Clemons and Ryan Dunn. I'm still banking on Charlie Sheen to round out the rule of 3.

Charlie Sheen? Nah he's too busy winning to die  ;D:
Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen

No never have. After seeing firsthand what a drunk driver can do to a loved one...you tend to second guess being an idiot.

It's not you getting hurt I care about, it's who else you hurt.

I just don't get mentality like yours:"I've driven smashed a million times and I'm still here" That's fucked  up shit! We ;live in a world where John Lennon is murdered for being a genius and you survive for being an idiot.

TheSeeker1080

That's not the mentality at all, when I was younger I made a poor decision to drive drunk, either out of what I thought was necessity or some other reason, and I never said it was "millions" of times. You completely missed the point and were quick to jump to conclusions and become condescending and insulting. My point was: because I have driven drunk before (for whatever reason) I sympathize with someone who has lost their life while doing so. That's all. Pretty simple. I am not condoning the action or saying I still do it, or that I've done it "a million" times.

And, look how pissed you are all getting over something so trivial, you don't know me. No one was hurt the times I've driven drunk including other people (which I've said already) and yet you are so quick to name call, insult my intelligence and even go as far as to compare me to the opposite of John Lennon, saying I should be dead instead of him.

You assume too much, I'm afraid. You assume that I've done this a million times, or that I still do it, or that I don't live in the boonies, or that I look back and think it was okay because no one got hurt. None of these assumptions are correct. On the contrary I look back and consider myself lucky that no one got hurt and I was able to 'get away' with it, so to speak.

PS: John Lennon was not murdered for being a genius.

Jacob

dude, the problem is that you think it's ok to drive under the influence and that other people do it, simply because of the fact that you've been lucky enough not to get into an accident. what happened to Ryan Dunn should be proof enough for you that it's a stupid thing to do.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

from_musings

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 11, 2011, 03:11 AM
Oh, so I'm automatically an idiot, retard, and an asshole just because I've driven a car drunk before? And someone else who has done so and lost his life doesn't deserve sympathy? I might be an asshole but I'm no retard or idiot. And out of all the times I've driven Under the Influence no one ever got hurt, so don't get your panties in a bunch. And yes, I did find it hard to believe because I don't picture straight edge kids listen to music like Deftones. Because it is pretty rare that you are not striaght edges and that you have been to parties or gotten drunk before and not driven home after, if you have good for you, but that is no reason to get all holier than thou and lower yourself to name calling.

this discussion is a little bit old, most members have said what they think about drinkin and driving. in this thread and in other threads. there were those who said "i say no to drinking and driving, i rather take a taxi, bus or train or sleep where the party's at"... and there were those who said "nah, ain't no big deal. no one has been injured so far so I continue to drink and drive til' someone gets hurt"

it was about 50/50. many before you had your opinion, nothing new, what I reacted on was that you couldn't even imagine a person who has never driven a car drunk.what's fucked up is that it's so foreign to you. that's what's new and worth mentioning at this stage.

I apologize for the "retard" thing,got out of control in the heat of the moment.I wish i'd use "mentally challenged" instead

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 11, 2011, 02:38 PM
dude, the problem is that you think it's ok to drive under the influence and that other people do it, simply because of the fact that you've been lucky enough not to get into an accident. what happened to Ryan Dunn should be proof enough for you that it's a stupid thing to do.

Now it's starting to get annoying. Please learn to read. and learn the meaning of the word "condone."  I literally just posted saying "I am not condoning the action (drunk driving)." Furthermore I never said it wasn't a stupid thing to do. The real problem here is (again) what I just posted: that you assume too much. You think you know what I think, for some strange reason. As far as why other people do it, IDK, I can't answer for other people.  

ONCE AGAIN: my whole point was "because I have driven drunk before (for whatever reason) I sympathize with someone who has lost their life while doing so."  At least try to understand, because it is really not difficult.  This is a thread called "RIP" Rest in Peace. And I came to look at it and instead of people paying their respects (or whatever) I found the opposite, people making postmortem insults and saying he deserved it, or otherwise displaying an overall lack of sympathy for someone who has passed away. I happen to sympathize with Ryan Dunn's death and I stated why (multiple times now).

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 11, 2011, 02:53 PM
Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 11, 2011, 03:11 AM

this discussion is a little bit old, most members have said what they think about drinkin and driving. in this thread and in other threads. there were those who said "i say no to drinking and driving, i rather take a taxi, bus or train or sleep where the party's at"... and there were those who said "nah, ain't no big deal. no one has been been injured so far so I continue to drink and drive til' someone gets hurt"

it was about 50/50. many before you had your opinion, nothing new, what I reacted on was that you couldn't even imagine a person who has never driven a car drunk.what's fucked up is that it's so foreign to you. that's what's new and worth mentioning at this stage.

I apologize for the "retard" thing,got out of control in the heat of the moment.I wish i'd use "mentally challanged" instead

How mature of you..... what you quoted was me saying "NONE" of you have driven drunk, and you said "hahaha that so hard to believe, what a retard."  Now you are saying something completely different, that it was about 50/50 yet you still go on to call me a retard, when you couldn't even realize what you said before and what you said just now contradict each other. 

As you know, I am new to this board so I had no way of knowing the statistics about opinions such as drunk driving (and I'm not going to go digging through old posts).

from_musings

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 11, 2011, 02:53 PM
This is a thread called "RIP" Rest in Peace

RIP also means rest in pieces, so everyone is entitled to their opinion. sorry

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 11, 2011, 03:06 PM
Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 11, 2011, 02:53 PM
This is a thread called "RIP" Rest in Peace

RIP also means rest in pieces, so everyone is entitled to their opinion. sorry

Way to prove my point that you are immature and lack respect for the dead.

from_musings

yes sometimes i'm immature. perhaps a lot of times. but for whatever it's worth, it's not that i disrespect dead people at all - it's just that i don't respect ryan dunn dead.because how he died

poofing acid

I drive wasted on coffee everyday.  I'm all tweaking behind the wheel and driving like a typical nj asshole. 

On a serious note I've driven drunk many times in the past.  Now I have a blanket and pillow in my car at all times.  I'm too important and awesome to get injured.

alvarezbassist17

I've driven drunk plenty of times, but never after 11 drinks, and never at 140+ mph in my Porsche GT3.  I think those were quite probably his main foibles.  If I'm feeling the least lack of confidence in my driving skills, I'm driving leaned over the steering wheel with the cruise control set exactly at the speed limit.  Haven't had any problems yet, and we all know that the underlying issue is lack of attentiveness or a poor ability-to-aggressiveness ratio, no matter what the cause: booze, weed, prescriptions, tiredness, general mental retardation, what have you.  It's just kind of bullshit to place the fault entirely on drinking and driving, and just leads to more justification for the cops to harass people and take more of their money for some ridiculous .09% stop, when those are clearly not the offenders who are the problem, anyways.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/drunkdriving.html

http://mises.org/daily/3419

:D

Variable

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 11, 2011, 08:54 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/drunkdriving.html

http://mises.org/daily/3419

:D
Wow, I have never heard these arguments before. I have heard people talking about privatizing the roads, but not in the context of drunk driving.

I only had time to skim through, but it's defiantly interesting. I'm not saying I'm sold, but it's interesting. Especially since some of the words in that lewrockwell.com article have literally come out of my own mouth before (e.g. that drunk drivers kill people, but so do sober drivers, and plenty of people drink and drive without killing anyone)

Did you know that out here in Cali they are giving DUIs for people SLEEPING in the PASSENGER seat of their cars while they were drunk? As long as the keys are in the car, they can do that to you. ESPECIALLY if the car is on ( say, because it's the winter and you needed heat ). I no shit know of this happening to a couple people. It's insane to me.

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: Variable on Jul 12, 2011, 05:02 AM
Did you know that out here in Cali they are giving DUIs for people SLEEPING in the PASSENGER seat of their cars while they were drunk? As long as the keys are in the car, they can do that to you. ESPECIALLY if the car is on ( say, because it's the winter and you needed heat ). I no shit know of this happening to a couple people. It's insane to me.

It's complete bs, but i'm pretty sure it's standard everywhere in the USA. They're gonna get you anyway the can.