Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP

Started by There Will Be Blood, Jun 21, 2011, 02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 12, 2011, 01:22 AM
reposting this here as well.

The crazy part of this is,JVittitow (Jordan Vittitow) is my neighbor (4 houses down from me) and he had been talking about how Mikey was coming to town (my little town of Portland) and that they were going to shoot some pictures while he was here. He wrote a note on FB about this:

"This has been super tough for me to deal with over the past couple days...A couple of the pictures I took have been used on various news sites, websites, and .com boards...It is just super surreal for me at this point...I've posted on Mikey's FB page, but have yet to post anything on mine...It's been surprisingly rough...Such a great guy and I'm so sorry to see him leave so soon...

You guys may, or may not remember him from a little band called Weezer...He was the bass player on their "Green" album...That album proved to be one of the bands highest selling records ever...so much so that the record companies couldn't even make "gold" plaques for them...it went platinum that fast...

Anyway, this is a brief overview of the time that I spent with Mikey...

So, pretty much about this exact time last week, Mikey was on a plane headed south towards my place just a little north of Nashville...That afternoon when he got in, we met up for dinner and to hang out together, catch up, etc...It was a great night, full of alot o......f great stories and tons of laughs...

On Monday, we spent the entire day together taking pictures and hanging out...The pic I've attached, is one of many that I took during our time together...It was funny, we were driving around looking for cool places to shoot and we drive over this big bridge, with a river flowing under it...He looks out the passenger side window and says "Hey, let's go down there!" I'm like, "uhh, ok."

I pull off and find a place to park and grab my photo gear and we head off thrashing through the woods towards the river below...It was like walking through a jungle getting down there...It was very hot that day, super humid and muddy...but it was worth it...It was pretty funny as we're walking down to the river, he grabs a stick that is basically the size of a 2x4...I give him a "What's that for?" look and he simply replies, "Just in case I see a snake...I hate snakes." and then smiles at me...

We got some cool photos and had fun hanging out by the river that afternoon...The shot of him on the Weezer.com page was taken down there as well...That was actually his favorite one of the day...

Unfortunately, some PR and promo related stuff promopted him to have to leave several days before he had originally planned too...He jumped on a plane Tuesday afternoon for Chicago...

Monday night was the last time I saw him...As he got into his car to leave my house, he looks at me and says "So, we've got a plan for Tuesday, right?" I remember looking at him and said "Of course we do." I gave him a little wink and off he went...

Mikey was a rare, unique and gifted individual...I'm so glad that I was able to call him a friend and I'll certainly miss not having him in this world...

Anyway, here's some photo's...I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did creating it...It's crazy how much I miss this guy right now..."

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Oldnewtype

Crazylegs

he's got to be one of the ugliest people ever to walk the earth

rock_n_frost

His soul was the ugliest one ever, too..

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

There Will Be Blood

RIP Ben Breedlove

Penicks

guess the angels and god decided to kill him anyway

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Penicks

whitney houston, though not a big surprise

bright lights, big city

The rule of 3:

Ben Gazzara (Jackie Treehorn)
Bill Hinzman (Zombie #1)
Whitney Houston
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

rock_n_frost

keanu reeves is a lie, right

Eros TBA

Brittany Murphy  (November 10, 1977 – December 20, 2009)

theis

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan.

:(

bright lights, big city

RIP. That's 2 from Sin City now. Both were so young too.
DERP

rock_n_frost

just saw it

:(

rip

BillyNo.9

This one is actually pretty sad :(

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I was gonna post about it but damn that sux :( Great voice on God OF War 2 as Atlas and he did pretty good on Sin City RIP

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Sep 04, 2012, 02:56 AM
I was gonna post about it but damn that sux :( Great voice on God OF War 2 as Atlas and he did pretty good on Sin City RIP
He was the victim in my favorite scene of that movie, where the prostitutes are all raining bullets down on him and his henchmen.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 04, 2012, 03:07 AM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Sep 04, 2012, 02:56 AM
He was the victim in my favorite scene of that movie, where the prostitutes are all raining bullets down on him and his henchmen.

Yeah and him looking with a mad face at all of them.I wonder if the pre production of Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill (2013) will be stop yet once again due to this tragic and awful situation.I wonder if even his character had part on the upcoming movie.