Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weestin

I think the closest to the slow sexy simmer song (say that 5x as fast) would be Pompeji even though there are a lot of heavy parts.

NovaHands

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 23, 2020, 03:37 PM
Urantia, Error and TLID are my standout favorites..so far

Yeah I think Urantia might have been my favorite if I had to pick one. 

lungdamage

I just like the whole thing. But if you had to twist my arm... I like This Link is Dead into Radiant City at the moment.

I almost get a Refused - 'the shape of punk to come vibe' through those two tracks.... I don't just mean the "wooo's" in both tracks either. haha.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Shells on Sep 23, 2020, 03:06 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 02:31 PM
Quote from: Shells on Sep 23, 2020, 09:50 AM
Wheeey woke up in the UK to you all going crazy! I found it.... Not listened yet... SOOOOONNN.

Also, a reminder that Chino is on BBC 6 Music today at 12 noon UK time:

https://twitter.com/maryannehobbs/status/1308700864161480704

CHINO @chinomoreno in conversation at 12 noon on:
the new album ‘Ohms’
the condition of the band in 2020
'White Pony' at 20 + the remix project ‘Black Stallion’

Fucking hell, I just woke up. Anyone's got a link to that?

I'm not sure what the crack is with this page in different countries but it's here for me:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mq7q

Or check BBC Sounds if that's worldwide?

Starts 1hr 30 mins in and lasts for 30 mins. Great interview! Highlights: Chino has been using the Houseparty app during lockdown (!), he doesn't know where the eyes on the album art are from, and Black Stallion is complete and has a different artists for each song, may do some kind of official announcement on the list of collaborators when they announce the release.
i kinda hope the black stallion record is a white pony re-release with black stallion tacked on. just to give WP the extra sales

Vesanic

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 23, 2020, 03:53 PM
Wheeey woke up in the UK to you all going crazy! I found it.... Not listened yet... SOOOOONNN.

the new album 'Ohms'
'White Pony' at 20 + the remix project 'Black Stallion'

I'm not sure what the crack is with this page in different countries but it's here for me:

Starts 1hr 30 mins in and lasts for 30 mins. Great interview! Highlights: Chino has been using the Houseparty app during lockdown (!), he doesn't know where the eyes on the album art are from, and Black Stallion is complete and has a different artists for each song, may do some kind of official announcement on the list of collaborators when they announce the release.
i kinda hope the black stallion record is a white pony re-release with black stallion tacked on. just to give WP the extra sales

It most likely will be. They were talking 20th anniversary deluxe edition after all.

If they could add Pink Maggit live in Petaluma 05.24.2000 that'd be perfect...

Hidalgo

Quote from: Far away on Sep 23, 2020, 03:48 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 03:43 PM
Shout to everyone waiting patiently. You're the true champions.

I really wish I had you guys self control. But I learn long ago that I'm weak when it comes to Deftones. And No nut november.
Yeah, yeah, TMI, but hey, not like I could get any weirder.

i'm weak when it comes to them to. i don't wanna try waiting then end up dying somehow before i heard it, lol. could happen, so i listen right when i can

ANattyRat

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 23, 2020, 11:50 AM
I really don't get hits love for Spell, I think it's the weakest song.

This. I still enjoy it but nowhere near the hype. But I felt the same about Rubicon, people were raving about that lol.

Pompeji wasn't at all what I was expecting so it didn't wow me at first, but definitely grown on me a lot. To be honest most of my favourites seem to be the ones reviewers didn't give as much praise to. Ceremony and Urantia are amazing. And it's funny that This Link is Dead has got Chino's brilliant screams on the album but the music is really not as heavy as you'd expect.

Also shoutout to Deftones for giving me the motivation to exercise for the first time in months! Got the exercise bike out at last and stayed on it for the duration of the album. Made it so much more enjoyable.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 03:54 PM

the new album 'Ohms'

It most likely will be. They were talking 20th anniversary deluxe edition after all.

hopefully leave off BTS, and do the boy's republic version

ANattyRat

For those have you that have listened to the album, I know it's just first impressions right now, but what few songs would you choose for them to play live? For me it'd be Ceremony, Urantia, Pompeji and This Link is Dead.

Inkblades

Can someone quote the post talking about what they thought This Link Is Dead was about? It was interesting but I can't find it.

thetimeisdead

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 03:54 PM

the new album 'Ohms'

And The Boys Republic should be added too

Gaz

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 23, 2020, 03:59 PM
For those have you that have listened to the album, I know it's just first impressions right now, but what few songs would you choose for them to play live? For me it'd be Ceremony, Urantia, Pompeji and This Link is Dead.

Genesis - Set opener for sure

ghostofemilydickinson

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 03:43 PM
Shout to everyone waiting patiently. You're the true champions.

Eh, but it's not for a lack of trying...

LG95

Quote from: Weestin on Sep 23, 2020, 03:50 PM
I think the closest to the slow sexy simmer song (say that 5x as fast) would be Pompeji even though there are a lot of heavy parts.
No slow, sexy, simmer song and the final track isn't even remotely a standard Deftones closer either.

This is a long way away from being a standard, very good Deftones album. It's not White Pony level of groundbreaking but that's a sky high comparison.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

If they don't put The Boy's Republic on the reissue, I'm going to pout in my room all day.

NovaHands

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 23, 2020, 03:57 PM
Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 23, 2020, 11:50 AM
I really don't get hits love for Spell, I think it's the weakest song.

Pompeji wasn't at all what I was expecting so it didn't wow me at first, but definitely grown on me a lot. To be honest most of my favourites seem to be the ones reviewers didn't give as much praise to.

I'm like this.  Some of the deeper cuts are my favorites, like Combat from SNW and Gauze from KNY.

Gaz

I get some Romantic Dreams vibes from Ceremony

Kiss_me

Haven't listened to the album yet, only the singles. So my question is; do any of the songs have shoegaze elements?

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 23, 2020, 04:00 PM
Can someone quote the post talking about what they thought This Link Is Dead was about? It was interesting but I can't find it.

pretty much sums it up here https://genius.com/albums/Deftones/Ohms

fighting all the time with his girl (one of them)