Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 23, 2020, 03:55 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 23, 2020, 03:48 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 03:43 PM
Shout to everyone waiting patiently. You're the true champions.

I really wish I had you guys self control. But I learn long ago that I'm weak when it comes to Deftones. And No nut november.
Yeah, yeah, TMI, but hey, not like I could get any weirder.

i'm weak when it comes to them to. i don't wanna try waiting then end up dying somehow before i heard it, lol. could happen, so i listen right when i can

Lol.  Something in my head is telling me this will be the last Deftones album I ever hear but now I'm like, what if I die before it's released?  Might have to cheat.

from_musings

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 23, 2020, 06:33 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 23, 2020, 05:19 PM
The chorus on This Link Is Dead reminds me so much of one of their older 90's songs but I can't pinpoint which one.

I've been getting that feeling on every song haha.

Fuuuck this sounds too good to be true. additionally, a tsunami of praise is washing over you wherever you look,this place, other sites,and in reviews.
CRAZY hype .and on top of that - rainy4 doesn't like it, and LG95 is punching his monitor and kicking in speakers bc all the songs ain't pittura infamente,all good signs. i just know i am going to love this album.

Hidalgo

there doesn't seem to be any straight ballads here like sextape, beauty school, etc. every song has screams except Ohms (and headless if you don't wanna count his loud yelling as screams), and all the songs have heavy guitar parts. they really let Stephen get involved a lot here

Visionz

Chino may b telling us this is it.

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 23, 2020, 07:39 PM
there doesn't seem to be any straight ballads here like sextape, beauty school, etc. every song has screams except Ohms (and headless if you don't wanna count his loud yelling as screams), and all the songs have heavy guitar parts. they really let Stephen get involved a lot here

anyone have an extra pair of shorts?

LG95

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 23, 2020, 07:33 PM
Fuuuck this sounds too good to be true. additionally, a tsunami of praise is washing over you wherever you look,this place, other sites,and in reviews.
CRAZY hype .and on top of that - rainy4 doesn't like it, and LG95 is punching his monitor and kicking in speakers bc all the songs ain't pittura infamente,all good signs. i just know i am going to love this album.
Massive lol.

Every song on here is better than Pittura Infamante.
I could float here forever

Hidalgo

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 23, 2020, 07:40 PM
Massive lol.

yea probably. i do really like that song though. makes me think of God of war, Jason and the Argonauts, clash of the titans, etc. Greek mythology(kinda the same with xenon, i get greek mythology out of it, GOW the sisters of fate). and i just like the melodies. it's a unique tune. both are among my favs from gore

Draken

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 23, 2020, 03:55 PM
i'm weak when it comes to them to. i don't wanna try waiting then end up dying somehow before i heard it, lol. could happen, so i listen right when i can

it's funny you say that, I was thinking "what if I die before Friday and I never get to hear Ohms?" my life is that sad that the only thing keeping me hanging on is a Deftones record lol.  ;D

Draken

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 23, 2020, 07:47 PM
Massive lol.

yea probably. i do really like that song though. makes me think of God of war, Jason and the Argonauts, clash of the titans, etc. Greek mythology. and i just like the melodies. it's a unique tune

dude yes, absolutely

ireallywish

Massive lol.

definitely not the case for me but this album rules. on the first listen the heavy stuff didn't do it for me as much but by the 2nd listen everything really sounds good to me

urantia isn't just my favorite song on the album, it's one of my fave songs they've ever made easy

ChubbyChino

Quote from: ireallywish on Sep 23, 2020, 07:57 PM
Massive lol.

definitely not the case for me but this album rules. on the first listen the heavy stuff didn't do it for me as much but by the 2nd listen everything really sounds good to me

urantia isn't just my favorite song on the album, it's one of my fave songs they've ever made easy

Urantia for me is a classic. Error is not getting much love but I really like this song too (didn't like it a lot at first listen). It has that old-schoolish vibe to it.

Inkblades

I like Error more than This Link Is Dead.

Shells

Quote from: Draken on Sep 23, 2020, 06:22 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 02:31 PM
Quote from: Shells on Sep 23, 2020, 09:50 AM
Wheeey woke up in the UK to you all going crazy! I found it.... Not listened yet... SOOOOONNN.

Also, a reminder that Chino is on BBC 6 Music today at 12 noon UK time:

https://twitter.com/maryannehobbs/status/1308700864161480704

CHINO @chinomoreno in conversation at 12 noon on:
the new album 'Ohms'
the condition of the band in 2020
'White Pony' at 20 + the remix project 'Black Stallion'

Fucking hell, I just woke up. Anyone's got a link to that?

word, i wanna hear it too. Anyone here listened to it?

I linked it a few pages back, it's on BBC 6 music listen again, starts 1hr 30 mins into the show, hopefully the link works outside the uk:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mq7q

Looking forward to the bbc radio 1 rock show on Sunday too!

Draken

Quote from: Shells on Sep 23, 2020, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 23, 2020, 06:22 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 02:31 PM
Quote from: Shells on Sep 23, 2020, 09:50 AM
Wheeey woke up in the UK to you all going crazy! I found it.... Not listened yet... SOOOOONNN.

Also, a reminder that Chino is on BBC 6 Music today at 12 noon UK time:

https://twitter.com/maryannehobbs/status/1308700864161480704

CHINO @chinomoreno in conversation at 12 noon on:
the new album 'Ohms'
the condition of the band in 2020
'White Pony' at 20 + the remix project 'Black Stallion'

Fucking hell, I just woke up. Anyone's got a link to that?

word, i wanna hear it too. Anyone here listened to it?

I linked it a few pages back, it's on BBC 6 music listen again, starts 1hr 30 mins into the show, hopefully the link works outside the uk:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mq7q

Looking forward to the bbc radio 1 rock show on Sunday too!

ah shoot, my bad. Thank you! yeah the link works for me. LOL Chino's picture!  ;D

Visionz

After a listen Radiant feels like a letter to fans. First listen. A cpl trax do that to me tho ::).....dang its pretty good so far. Spell and pompeji kill me. Sent me to heaven

FatherUppercut

I like Headless and This Link is Dead of the 8 tracks that weren't released as the first singles.

Every song is at least pretty good. I kinda wish they would have saved Ohms for the album release - it might be my fav track on the album

stu_101

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 23, 2020, 07:40 PM
Chino may b telling us this is it.

I certainly get that sense from this record. The lyrics in TLID. Going full circle with hardly any Chino guitar parts. If that is indeed the case, they'll defo be going out on a high.

Visionz

So abe teased Urantia. With frank. Right?

kameron632

I just came to say, The Spell of Mathematics has to be the best Deftones song since Diamond Eyes. That is all!

Inkblades

Radiant City's chorus has been stuck in my head all day.