Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Quote from: Kiss_me on Sep 23, 2020, 04:19 PM
Haven't listened to the album yet, only the singles. So my question is; do any of the songs have shoegaze elements?

Pompeji and Headless, for sure. Maybe parts of Error?

HooiserBowhunter

Amazing work from the whole band as well as Terry. The album is so cohesive, but super unique. Definite evolution from anything they have ever done. I can't wait to put on the headphones for this album. I'm so proud of them this record is top shelf. I wasn't a huge fan of Gore, but it definitely wasn't my favorite work from them. This album is perfect in every way for me. It is great from start to finish for me.

stu_101

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 23, 2020, 03:59 PM
For those have you that have listened to the album, I know it's just first impressions right now, but what few songs would you choose for them to play live? For me it'd be Ceremony, Urantia, Pompeji and This Link is Dead.

Frank's input on Radiant City  will sound massive live.

LG95

Title track has to be played live.
I could float here forever

Draken

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 06:59 AM
Has the entire forum heard this fucking thing except 976-EVIL and me  ;D
I haven't heard it yet

knifeprty

The verse of Error almost sounds like Garbage (the band). Even Chino's voice!
I could float here forever

BallZDeeP

Draken

"Deftones has leaked -- however, at the request of a significant member of the fan community, ************ has decided not to aid in its spread until Thursday morning EDT. What you do with that is up to you, but please don't be asking us for links or publicly aid others in finding it on this website."

haha I wonder who that could have been?...

Inkblades

The chorus on This Link Is Dead reminds me so much of one of their older 90's songs but I can't pinpoint which one.

Inkblades

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 23, 2020, 05:19 PM
The chorus on This Link Is Dead reminds me so much of one of their older 90's songs but I can't pinpoint which one.

Oh, I got it now! Coming baaaaaaackkk......arouuuuuuuuund the furr...

976-EVIL

Quote from: Draken on Sep 23, 2020, 04:49 PM
I haven't heard it yet

GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR THE OHMS YOU SAVED!!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Far away

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 23, 2020, 03:55 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 23, 2020, 03:48 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 23, 2020, 03:43 PM
Shout to everyone waiting patiently. You're the true champions.

I really wish I had you guys self control. But I learn long ago that I'm weak when it comes to Deftones. And No nut november.
Yeah, yeah, TMI, but hey, not like I could get any weirder.

i'm weak when it comes to them to. i don't wanna try waiting then end up dying somehow before i heard it, lol. could happen, so i listen right when i can

lmao
Lets hope you stay alive.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 23, 2020, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 23, 2020, 05:19 PM

Oh, I got it now! Coming baaaaaaackkk......arouuuuuuuuund the furr...

WGTB? I get that feeling

Visionz

I cant believe i still havent found this. "Here, take this survey for a password and subscribe for 6months!"...  :-[

ChubbyChino

Ok, so at first Urantia was my favorite, then it was TLID, now it's Radiant City...it keeps changing, I didn't feel that with Gore at all. I couldn't pick a favorite from that album, because I didn't really like any of the songs. Now I can't pick a favorite because most songs are good. I'm not hyped, just being realistic.

Far away

The spell of mathematics is just EPIC. That guitar is just nasty! So groovy... my God!

Draken

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Sep 23, 2020, 05:28 PM
Quote from: Draken on Sep 23, 2020, 04:49 PM
I haven't heard it yet

GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR THE OHMS YOU SAVED!!!!

lol

ghostofemilydickinson

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 23, 2020, 05:41 PM
I cant believe i still havent found this. "Here, take this survey for a password and subscribe for 6months!"...  :-[

Same. What doo doo.

I sort of hate all of you at this point. But that's just overwhelming jealousy talking.