Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: tps1989 on Sep 24, 2020, 12:07 AM
I've been circling SL for years.

I like many of you, am a long die hard fan - obsessed with Deftones.

This place is officially toxic and interfering with your enjoyment of the music. Maybe your extreme fandom is.

OHMS is a REMARKABLE album. Remarkable. Textured, unique, dynamic, and deeply emotional.

Enjoy and stop bitching. This is one Deftones greatest albums.

I don't believe you. This place is the same it's always been. Some more projection happening here.

Visionz

Fuuuuuck. They own Spell. Especially serg, frank and abe. Beautiful. Good "fuck" song for me  ;)

tps1989

You should believe me. I've was here for TokyoDrifter's original Eros video.

tps1989

nicklav

Then you should know the discussion happening is tame by comparison. People are allowed to have different opinions on a discussion forum. Sounds like you want everyone to love the album for some reason though.

Visionz

Quote from: nicklav on Sep 24, 2020, 12:26 AM
Then you should know the discussion happening is tame by comparison. People are allowed to have different opinions on a discussion forum. Sounds like you want everyone to love the album for some reason though.
[/quotte

It kinda sounds like if u dont like something said, u feel "projection". Just know im not here to hurt your feelings. Im gonna say what i think about it like anyone else. Cheers

Visionz

I freaking love the seagulls getting a digital bath, and jesus coming in and serving us with some jesus juice

2MoreHours

I just did the preorder and am listening for the first time.  Ceremony instantly put a smile on my face that the 2 singles didn't.  I wish the groove was a little longer but it's a good start.

ANattyRat

Quote from: tps1989 on Sep 24, 2020, 12:24 AM
You should believe me. I've was here for TokyoDrifter's original Eros video.

Then you should know by now that different opinions aren't toxic, and that literally only one person has said the album is bad lol. Everyone else loves the album and is just talking about the strong and weak points of the album.

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 24, 2020, 12:30 AM
I freaking love the seagulls getting a digital bath, and jesus coming in and serving us with some jesus juice

Same. The seagulls fit very nicely, and it means we don't need to hear Chino attempt to imitate a seagull. It's a blessed song.

nicklav

The back half of Error is unlike anything they've ever written.

2MoreHours

Fuck...The Spell of Mathematics is amazing!

Visionz

Quote from: nicklav on Sep 24, 2020, 12:36 AM

It sure is. So dreamy from abt 220 on right?

nicklav

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 24, 2020, 12:46 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Sep 24, 2020, 12:36 AM

It sure is. So dreamy from abt 220 on right?

Yes! Such a beautiful contrast to the first half.

whathappenedtoyou

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Sep 24, 2020, 12:43 AM
Fuck...The Spell of Mathematics is amazing!

One of my favorites on there so far

2MoreHours

After first listen, I have no problem saying this is the best album of the Sergio era.  It is quality that ranks up there with the Chi albums for me. 

thatdeftkid

TSoM didn't grab me as much as people made it seem. I think the passage in the middle will stand out a lot more with a better quality recording.

The only qualm I have is that I think the album would've flowed a bit better with Headless being after Pompeji.

secretbandinsider

Ok Pompeji is finally growing on me. TSOM is still the best fucking thing they've ever made. I kind of wish the whole album was just a 46 minute version of TSOM :P

BallZDeeP

i cant wait for a FLAC version

2MoreHours

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 24, 2020, 01:23 AM
TSOM is still the best fucking thing they've ever made.

That's really not a stretch to say.  It's one of their best songs already.

DenakDW

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 24, 2020, 01:23 AM
Ok Pompeji is finally growing on me. TSOM is still the best fucking thing they've ever made. I kind of wish the whole album was just a 46 minute version of TSOM :P
Same here, I didn't like Pompeji that much at first listen... but now... fuck! I can't stop. 
TSOM... mmm still not loving it, but he'll, it's so sexy, and lyrics are top.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂