Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Indie/Emo/PostPunk topic.

Started by no name cola, Sep 29, 2004, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no name cola

and Sonic Nurse and Goo.

and why is the Smashing Pumpkins in the indie list??

ben

I checked out Elemae, and I dunno if I like the singer's voice that much.  I also checked out Stars, and i am really digging that stuff.  No Name Cola-- if you can reccomend any more bands that sound like that kinda scene Stars is in, I would welcome that.

ben

http://www.purevolume.com/estrela

They have a woman singer now, so much better.

pumpkin~head

Quote from: "no name cola"and Sonic Nurse and Goo.

and why is the Smashing Pumpkins in the indie list??

ya thats strange, thats not very indie.
So i love the sp (loot at my nickname, take from a bootleg  :wink: )

no name cola

Quote from: "ben"I checked out Elemae, and I dunno if I like the singer's voice that much.  I also checked out Stars, and i am really digging that stuff.  No Name Cola-- if you can reccomend any more bands that sound like that kinda scene Stars is in, I would welcome that.
ill have to think about that one... ill post again later.

Paint Your Lips

Thanks to: Fireal1222, for telling me about Crown The Clouds. Damn, it's really nice. Especially the song: "A Million Stories". Really beautiful.

no name cola

actually ben, i see on the list you made, you didnt mention The Decemberists or The Go! Team.

so get them.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"Thanks to: Fireal1222, for telling me about Crown The Clouds. Damn, it's really nice. Especially the song: "A Million Stories". Really beautiful.

dammit you fuckers that's my band

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"
Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"Thanks to: Fireal1222, for telling me about Crown The Clouds. Damn, it's really nice. Especially the song: "A Million Stories". Really beautiful.

Your band, as in: "I play in it", or two: "I found it first!" ?

no name cola

and that list doesnt even have Dismemberment Plan.
tsk tsk.

ben

I finally bought The New Amsterdams- "Worse for the Wear" today.  Awesome album, it has the get up kids singer and a bunch of other people in it.  I like it more than any of the Get Up Kids albums.  You guys should check it out, it has organ, piano, acoustic guitar, it's good.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "no name cola"and that list doesnt even have Dismemberment Plan.
tsk tsk.

OOO! They kick major ass.

ben

I don't know if this is old, but the two new bright eyes albums are leaked.

im getting "digital "and im "wide awake" right now

no name cola

yeah they leaked a long time ago... maybe a bit more then a month.

i heard one cd is supposed to mostly instrumental, like The Album Leaf

ben

Weezer's first single off the new album is called "Beverly Hills" hahha.

no name cola

man, download the new leaked Decemberists album, called Picesque.. and its very very good.

ben

no name cola

and Ben, when you asked for bands similar to Stars ive been thinking and this is what i came up with

Pilate
The Reindeer Section

Pilates album "Caught By The Window" is excellent full of great poppy songs. like Stars and can be found easily.

but the Reindeer Section is harder to find, but im working on that. next time you see me on aim, i can send a song by them.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "alvarezbassist17"

Your band, as in: "I play in it", or two: "I found it first!" ?

as in i'm friends with them and maple grove is a town i'm right next to.

and someone said somewhere that they liked their selftitled EP.  they have never released an ep

ben

I'm gonna revive this topic.  I can't wait for the new Broken Social Scene album. If you guys haven't checked them out, I suggest you guys do.  I'm also digging Neutral Milk Hotel, my friend introduced me to them finally.

here are a couple bands with girl singers that you guys might like:

www.purevolume.com/plasticparachute -sounds like Saves the Day mixed with No Doubt

www.purevolume.com/estrela -powerEmo stuff, it is really good (defskull reminded me of this, the song Intramural is great)

And finally, the top 5 albums i'm listening to right now:

1.Bright Eyes- Wake me, it's morning/Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
2.Broken Social Scene- You Forgot It in People
3.Jimmy Eat World- Clarity
4.The New Amsterdams
5.Reggie and the Full Effect- Promotional Copy