Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Indie/Emo/PostPunk topic.

Started by no name cola, Sep 29, 2004, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Trail of Dead's "worlds apart" is pretty good.

ragdoll

Quote from: "ben"I'm gonna revive this topic.  I can't wait for the new Broken Social Scene album. If you guys haven't checked them out, I suggest you guys do.  I'm also digging Neutral Milk Hotel, my friend introduced me to them finally.

here are a couple bands with girl singers that you guys might like:

www.purevolume.com/plasticparachute -sounds like Saves the Day mixed with No Doubt

www.purevolume.com/estrela -powerEmo stuff, it is really good (defskull reminded me of this, the song Intramural is great)

And finally, the top 5 albums i'm listening to right now:

1.Bright Eyes- Wake me, it's morning/Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
2.Broken Social Scene- You Forgot It in People
3.Jimmy Eat World- Clarity
4.The New Amsterdams
5.Reggie and the Full Effect- Promotional Copy

I think you'll find that it's called I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.

died20times

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead performance on Letterman here

no name cola

noll

Quote from: "died20times"...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead performance on Letterman here

damn thats good, thanks!

ben

Quote from: "died20times"...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead performance on Letterman here

yea that is a good performance.  They have a lot of cool torrents on their main site.

and esra you're right, maybe you deserve a cookie.

ragdoll

maybe i deserve a t-shirt, bitch.

caLa

new open hand cd leaked. listening to it now.

no name cola

i just got back from a Metric show, it was fabulous, even after the fact that it was my 3rd time seeing them, theyre sooo good live, plus i picked up the "Dead Disco" lp and poster and Emily Haines solo cd.  8)

ben

These Arms Are Snakes are really good.  it reminds me of weird Blood Brothers mixed with indie and electronic stuff.  Real atmospheric and prog-like.  Some at the drive-in mixed in there too definitly.

I also checked out On!Air!Library!, which is like Portishead/beats and samples/Kid a type of music.  Pretty good, dual male and female singers.

died20times

Quote from: "ben"These Arms Are Snakes are really good.  it reminds me of weird Blood Brothers mixed with indie and electronic stuff.  Real atmospheric and prog-like.  Some at the drive-in mixed in there too definitly.

i saw These Arms Are Snakes last night. they were really good. the album is good too.

ben

The Great Bamboozle:

Underoath, Fear Before The March Of Flames, The Audition, All American Rejects, Blood Brothers, The Chariot, These Arms Are Snakes, Motion City Soundtrack, Matchbook Romance, Jacks Manequin, Hopesfall, Gatsby's American Dream, Jinxed, The Spill Canvas, Funeral For A Friend, Black Maria, The Kinnison, The Sleeping, Gym Class Heros, Bleeding Through, New Amsterdams, Kevin Devine, Folly, Over It, The Explosion, Dead 50's, From First To Last, Army Of Me, Mates Of The States, Lucero, Engine Down, Hot Rod Circuit, Strike Fire, A Wilhelm Scream, Haste The Day, and Socratic.

Sounds pretty cool, the bands in bold are the ones I wouldn't miss fo sho.

thirty nights of violence

Quote from: "no name cola"i just got back from a Metric show, it was fabulous, even after the fact that it was my 3rd time seeing them, theyre sooo good live, plus i picked up the "Dead Disco" lp and poster and Emily Haines solo cd.  8)

Which show did you go see?
I went to the Toronto show on the 23rd. It was so freakin good. I fell in love with Emily. And she shook my hand....freakin' nice!

But yeah they are AMAZING live. That was the second time seeing them for me. Can't wait to see them again.

Later

no name cola

stu

im feelin this Metric biznazz

thirty nights of violence

Finally got Worlds Apart! I couldn't get it Tuesday 'cause bank card was being retarded, but FINALLY got it! I love it. Well so far...only 3 tracks in. But fuck, soooooooo good!

caLa

new Kaddisfly leaked. this should be interesting.

black coffee

new spitalfield leaked as well . i didnt have any time listening to it , but hey , its the emo topic , and spitalfield are emo so i think they should be named here .

ben

Quote from: "caLa"new Kaddisfly leaked. this should be interesting.

damn i need to check this out.