Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Indie/Emo/PostPunk topic.

Started by no name cola, Sep 29, 2004, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

I got This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake.

It's allright...

xbigwormx

Does anyone in here like Cursive?

stu

no, theyre a little too pretentious for their lack of talent.

raynor

stu get your ass on msn

no name cola

i think Emily Haines' solo stuff is amazing.

stu

died20times

Nightmare Of You, a 3 piece band with members from Rival Schools and The Movielife have posted some demos here.

ben

Quote from: "died20times"Nightmare Of You, a 3 piece band with members from Rival Schools and The Movielife have posted some demos here.

pretty good.

Circa Survive kicked ass lastnight.

Justin_UGR

Quote from: "xbigwormx"Does anyone in here like Cursive?

yes

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

ben

Malpractice

Quote from: "died20times"Nightmare Of You, a 3 piece band with members from Rival Schools and The Movielife have posted some demos here.

they are friends of mine they live like a 2 miles away from me lol i believe i sent ben some of their songs a couple months back

ben

Quote from: "Malpractice"

they are friends of mine they live like a 2 miles away from me lol i believe i sent ben some of their songs a couple months back

i think i remember that.  I better be getting a the movielife shirt pretty soon.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

i need to go to school, education is calling me

squealing like a pig

no name cola

anyway, im looking forward to the new Xiu Xiu album coming in the summer. its titled "La Foret" the date is set for July 12th, 2005.

here is the tracklist:

01 Black Phoebe
02 Bog People
03 ALE
04 Dangerous You Shouldn't Be Here
05 Saturn
06 Pox
07 Rose Of Sharon
08 Muppet Face
09 Mousy Toy
10 Yellow Raspberry
-and the european release will have a bonus track titled "Clover"

so far ive heard "Bog People (Live version)" "Rose Of Sharon" ad im about to listen to a live version of "ALE" and so far this sounds like it could be Xiu Xiu's best.

no name cola

has anyone heard the solo artist that goes by the name of This Song Is A Mess But So Am I?
its pretty good, kinda like Xiu Xiu but still differant enough to ensure theyre not a rip off.

caLa

Mae - The Everglow is an pretty good album. Just like their first.

ben

The new Reggie and the Full Effect album is a lot better than their previous album, Under the Tray.

just kinda weird though, cuz even though it still has those funny tracks, this album sounds way more serious.

black coffee

Mae-The_Everglow(UNMASTERED)-2005-omfg

haha its an omfg release . not bad , i have to agree