Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bullshit Thread #7

Started by Drop-Dead, Sep 15, 2005, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

you guys are bastards. i put maaaaad time into pac man, and now im not even in the top 3.. number 1 will be mine one day. IT WILL BE MINE

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Mei

Quote from: lithium royalty on Mar 04, 2006, 07:37 AM
haha snowbunnies...

they're white.. simple as that.

Hmm, alrighty then. It's still stupid though.. -runs away-
I Keep You Jealously To Myself

DeftonesATF27

I think the song No Ordinary Love covered by Deftones from Sade should have gotten Chino more pussy and the deftones more Groupies than Motley Crue's whole career put together. Why are the deftones so overlooked? Dont answer that.

Assassin

I like to think that Deftones are not overlooked, and are indeed offered 'pussy' on a daily basis and have many groupies, but have enough professionalism, integrity and respect not to respond to such things.

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: alimei on Mar 04, 2006, 05:26 PM
Quote from: lithium royalty on Mar 04, 2006, 07:37 AM
haha snowbunnies...

they're white.. simple as that.

Hmm, alrighty then. It's still stupid though.. -runs away-

*busts out the water sprinkler dance move...then runs away too*

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: Assassin on Mar 05, 2006, 01:45 AM
I like to think that Deftones are not overlooked, and are indeed offered 'pussy' on a daily basis and have many groupies, but have enough professionalism, integrity and respect not to respond to such things.

naw dude..i know those duders have hit it w/ some groupies before. Its all good though.

tarkil

Quote from: TheProzacFairy on Mar 05, 2006, 01:48 AM

naw dude..i know those duders have hit it w/ some groupies before. Its all good though.

And how do you know that, can you tell ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Assassin

I actually read it in an article that they received blow-jobs from some groupies and their record company had to buy up all the copies of the magazine it got printed in so their wives/girlfriends didn't find out. But then again, you shouldn't believe everything you read.

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 05, 2006, 01:50 AM
Quote from: TheProzacFairy on Mar 05, 2006, 01:48 AM

And how do you know that, can you tell ?

Because i'm their personal fortune teller!!..ok i'm lying
I dont really know..i'm just sayin i wouldn't be surprised if they did. No biggie..but dont read into what i'm saying right now too seriously..i'm hopped up on caffiene and am about to eat some badass mexican food and then proceed to get drunk....so have a nice day juggles!!!

DeftonesATF27

Yeah i agree, im sure they dont now, although theres evidence from the past to the contrary. remember chino was divorced through a period. I wonder why. But no for real i dont think they really give a fuck about that shit. I was just saying how i think they make songs that deserve more attention. Like alot more. There shit is worth alot more than whats on the Top Of the pops. Example: No Ordinary Love.

Assassin

Extremely random question, hence I'm posting it in the Bullshit Thread.

How would you feel if a girl you had a crush on told you that you looked like a hobbit, even though it was just a joke?

alvarezbassist17

it's pretty sweet that there's only like 5 people posting regularly in the GD

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: Assassin on Mar 05, 2006, 03:32 AM
Extremely random question, hence I'm posting it in the Bullshit Thread.

How would you feel if a girl you had a crush on told you that you looked like a hobbit, even though it was just a joke?

slap the bitch and tell her she looks like mimi from the drew carey show  :D

hydroponic82

i gots some hybrid buds..ima be zoned forr about 7 hours.

its the "monster jam"

wham bam .

manic_bastard

my damn neck aches. i hate it when i sleep on it wrong

minus_blindfold

Well, I've been lickin' this carpet for 3 whole hours and I don't feel like a lesbian.

Martin

Quote from: Assassin on Mar 05, 2006, 01:52 AM
I actually read it in an article that they received blow-jobs from some groupies and their record company had to buy up all the copies of the magazine it got printed in so their wives/girlfriends didn't find out. But then again, you shouldn't believe everything you read.

Hmmm...wasn't that another band?

fireflyry

Every 80's hair metal band....ever.....

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

tarkil

YOU CAN MAIL LETTERS FOR LITTLE OR NO COST
I may never receive another piece of mail, but I have to let you in on a secret: It's possible to
send letters for free or for well below current postage rates. Information on beating the postal
system has been floating around for decades, but it wasn't gathered in one place until outlaw
publisher Loompanics put forth How To Screw the Post Office by "Mr. Unzip" in 2000.
Not content to theorize from an ivory tower, Unzip put these methods
through the ultimate real-world test: He mailed letters. He also
examined the envelopes in which hundreds upon hundreds of
customers had paid their utility bills. Based on this, he offers proof
that letters with insufficient postage often make it to their destinations.
The key is that the machines which scan for stamps work incredibly
fast, processing ten letters per second. They're also fairly
unsophisticated in their detection methods, relying mainly on stamps'
glossy coating as a signal. Because of this, it's possible to successfully
use lower-rate stamps, including outdated stamps, postcard stamps,
and even 1-cent stamps. Beyond that, Unzip successfully sent letters
affixed with only the perforated edges from a block of stamps. Even those pseudostamps sent by charities like Easter Seals or environ-mental groups can fool the
scanners.
Another approach is to cut stamps in half, using each portion as full postage. Not only does this
give you two stamps for the price of one, but you can often salvage the uncancelled portion of
stamps on letters you receive. In fact, the author shows that sometimes the Post Office processes
stamps that have already been fully cancelled. This happens more often when the ink is light, but
even dark cancellation marks aren't necessarily a deal-breaker.
Then there's the biggie, the Post Office's atomic secret that lets you mail letters for free. Say
you're sending a letter to dear old mom. Simply put mom's address as the return address. Then
write your address in the center of the envelope, where you'd normally put hers. Forget about the
stamp. The letter will be "returned" to her for insufficient postage.
Unzip covers further techniques involving stamp positioning, metered mail, 2-cent stamps, and
other tricks. Except perhaps for the reversed address scam, none of these tricks will guarantee
your missive gets to its destination, so you wouldn't want to try them with important letters. But
if you want to save a few cents once in a while — or more likely, you want to have fun hacking
the postal system — it can be done.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

ToneDef

Quote from: TarkilThen there's the biggie, the Post Office's atomic secret that lets you mail letters for free. Say
you're sending a letter to dear old mom. Simply put mom's address as the return address. Then
write your address in the center of the envelope, where you'd normally put hers. Forget about the
stamp. The letter will be "returned" to her for insufficient postage.

I never thought of that. It's fucking genius though.