Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bullshit Thread #7

Started by Drop-Dead, Sep 15, 2005, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 04, 2014, 08:49 AM
I can understand the intrigue of it all, but the way the photos were procured is just not right. Here's an article every one should read:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/09/01/jennifer-lawrence-nude-photo-leak-isnt-a-scandal-its-a-sex-crime/
great point, and good article. The whole thing is just skeevy, and on par with a dude sitting in a tree with some binoculars. Nothing for the victims to actually apologize for, that's insane. That Hudgens reference was spot on too. I remember Disney basically shaming her, and then Hudgens apologizing. What the fuck for?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 04, 2014, 03:04 PM
Quote from: black coffee on Sep 04, 2014, 02:11 PM
that was weird. Anyways what is so funny about Louis CK? I never really got that

Have you seen his show? Dare i call it the best "comedy" show since the office? Yes i do.
AND WHERE DOES PARKS AND REC FIT INTO THIS EQUATION?! AND THE LEAGUE??
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 04, 2014, 04:14 PM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Sep 04, 2014, 08:49 AM
I can understand the intrigue of it all, but the way the photos were procured is just not right. Here's an article every one should read:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/09/01/jennifer-lawrence-nude-photo-leak-isnt-a-scandal-its-a-sex-crime/
great point, and good article. The whole thing is just skeevy, and on par with a dude sitting in a tree with some binoculars. Nothing for the victims to actually apologize for, that's insane. That Hudgens reference was spot on too. I remember Disney basically shaming her, and then Hudgens apologizing. What the fuck for?

Exactly. So far none of these women have apologized for anything and I'm fucking glad. I'm also glad more people are seeing more of an issue with the fact these photos were stolen than the fact these ladies took nude photos of themselves. A lot has changed over the past few years in regards to nude photo leaks and it's nice to see an evolution in our thinking but there's still a long way to go.

Anyway, who hasn't taken a nude photo of themselves in this day and age?

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 04, 2014, 04:18 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 04, 2014, 03:04 PM
Quote from: black coffee on Sep 04, 2014, 02:11 PM
that was weird. Anyways what is so funny about Louis CK? I never really got that

Have you seen his show? Dare i call it the best "comedy" show since the office? Yes i do.
AND WHERE DOES PARKS AND REC FIT INTO THIS EQUATION?! AND THE LEAGUE??

I haven't watched the league, but i find Parks and Rec to be pretty meh.

black coffee

only watched the Oh My God stand-up by Louis CK, and I wasn't so sure what to think of it. But maybe I'll get my hands on the first season of his show, days are getting shorter anyways and if you guys love it so much why not give it a try ^_^

About The League ( I watched until the end of season 1 ), this is probably more fun to watch when you are from the US for several reasons.

First, if you're like me you've probably heard of no more than two nfl players ( Manning and Brady ), so whenever they talk about trades you'll have no idea whats going on and a lot of jokes can be missed, like when Pete trades a bad player against a good player and you don't know who either one is.
Then sometimes theres guest performances of former / active players, analysts and coaches and chances are you won't know any of those people. So without any knowledge about the sports rules, the draft and the players this is just not as much fun to watch as I'd imagine it could be and thats why I didn't continue.

blixa

swing past my place. we can watch it together...

bright lights, big city

*jealous of black coffee*
DERP

black coffee

8 years or so ago I was watching lots of OC California with my girlfriend at the time and it was just an excuse to fuck a lot.
To stay motivated ( it was 4 seasons with tons of episodes ), I began to imagine it was Misha Barton I was having sex with. Really retarded piece of television, looking back at it, especially considering the main thing the Misha Barton character did in the series was crying.

black coffee

my aologies Sharing Lungs citizens, it was Friday afternoon and I was close to losing my shit ^_^

Anyways is it normal to hate your job? and I mean really hate it, not like I just want to sleep a little longer in the mornings or get paid more

chick de la lynch

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 09, 2014, 09:06 PM
my aologies Sharing Lungs citizens, it was Friday afternoon and I was close to losing my shit ^_^

Anyways is it normal to hate your job? and I mean really hate it, not like I just want to sleep a little longer in the mornings or get paid more

I hate my job right now and no one else wants to hire me. I fantasize about walking out every day.

tarkil

I kinda hate my job, but it's deeper than just "piss me off" hate... I think I'm just not designed to work in a shitty office clicking all day on a shitty computer...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

black coffee

once in the hamster wheel its difficult to get out. I got so used to this lifestyle of being able to afford things when I need or want them and losing my job would mean not being able to keep this up anymore.
Maybe this is just romantic thinking but I'd like to have a cabin at a lake or beach,  go fishing every day and grow some vegetables in the garden. This escapist kind of life surely would have its downsides, too, but I belive it would mean more happiness than in my 9to5 office job.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 11, 2014, 04:38 PM
once in the hamster wheel its difficult to get out. I got so used to this lifestyle of being able to afford things when I need or want them and losing my job would mean not being able to keep this up anymore.
Maybe this is just romantic thinking but I'd like to have a cabin at a lake or beach,  go fishing every day and grow some vegetables in the garden. This escapist kind of life surely would have its downsides, too, but I belive it would mean more happiness than in my 9to5 office job.

This comment is pretty much me right now.
Quote from: tarkil on Sep 11, 2014, 12:15 PM
I kinda hate my job, but it's deeper than just "piss me off" hate... I think I'm just not designed to work in a shitty office clicking all day on a shitty computer...

Same here. It's slowly sucking away at my soul.

tarkil

Yeah, I feel you guys, that's pretty much me you're describing here as well...
And I wish I could say I'm making enough money with that giving my time and life away to be able to retire sooner and finally enjoy things, but it's nowhere close to be true....

Damn, it might not be a good thing to think about it too much.........       

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Diplo

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 11, 2014, 04:38 PM

Why don't you do that ? If you don't have the curiosity and the happiness anymore and if it's just because you want a shitty salary it will be certainly better to fish all day. At least, when you think of it, why would we have to follow the system and society ? we did not have a choice and we follow the others just because it's "supposed" to be like that.
Sadly this is certainly too unrealistic. Changing job is maybe more realistic ?

lostpilot

black coffee, I feel you. I have also been feeling rather down about having to work 12 hour shifts in a mall, selling electronics and dealing with assholes on a daily basis. Decided to launch a label next year so I can try and sustain income from there and just quit entirely to focus on my music career. I got into the hamster wheel without even realizing it. REALITY KICKS ASS.

Crazylegs

black coffee

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST

yes Diplo living an escapist life appears like a dream in imagination, but it would only work if many sacrifices are being made.

Fishing, hunting, collecting berries and having a vegetable garden all sounds nice but it wouldn't provide enough food for for the year, given that in the warm months you need to stock up for the winter. Then theres things like electricity and water supply which is easy to take for granted when you have it and to miss if you don't.

Changing job is pretty much no option. I didn't learn what I learned to do unskilled labor and earn less. Learning something new would be dope, but I am turning 30 next year ^_^ actually I would love to go to university and study psychology, even if that means being a broke ass student the next years who drinks cheap red wine and seduces women all the time. Actually that sounds great

lostpilot I had no idea something as inhumane as 12 hours shifts exis, what the f

blixa

i not only hate my job but i hate the postgraduate degree i'm in right now. i will most likely drop out after this semester is over and find a full time job that is actually related to my undergrad degree. i initially wanted to do a master of art history but i didn't have a solid idea of what i wanted my thesis to be about so i thought i needed to think about it more. i am not regretting that by the way. i will eventually get a masters in that area. the worst thing is my parents are finally happy about what i'm studying right now, which is something i hate. i don't want to shit on my mothers dreams again, which is a daily thing i do every few months.

i also hate my boss (again). he's been calling in sick to work and i've been doing both our jobs and getting paid the same amount. finally put in a transfer to another store. my store manager is freaking out and wants to get me into the office to 'talk about it'. i'm just fucking miserable and i've been thinking of becoming a cop for some reason. i think it's a nervous breakdown i'm having.

chick de la lynch

There is some weird sort of comfort seeing that many people my age feel just as shitty about their jobs. I have high hopes we'll find something better and get out of the misery we're in.

I have to believe that because that's the only thing I have at this point.