Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Quote from: deftonekid on May 02, 2006, 10:26 PM
Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on May 02, 2006, 04:52 AM
issues, that was the end of KoRn.

agreed. i like a lot their 3 first albums.

Personally, Issues was their best album, the overall sound on that was the best! Life Is Peachy for me, was crap compared to S/T, Follow The Leader and Issues!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Malpractice

Quote from: greencard on May 02, 2006, 04:16 AMAnd I still maintain Fear Factory is a more innovative and influential band than Korn.

thank god someone finally agrees with me

i don't know how many people actually realize it but the first band to really do the sing/scream thing especially in the metal/death metal/hardcore world was fear factory. faith no more toyed with it too but fear factory got it down to a science

fireflyry

I always thought of Fear Factory as cyber type metal due to their use of industrial samples and methodic rhythms.More industrial than anything else imo.

I agree with them being the first to really do the melodic chorus/scream verse style in the mainstream metal circles but I had friends into harder goth/black metal bands that had a similar vocal style way before Fear Factory.No I can't remember band names names as it was'nt my type of music and was heard in passing or stoned in friends bedrooms but I'm sure someone here can.

How they even came up in this thread baffles me and I'm to lazy to back track.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Azwethinkweiz

I just talked to a huge korn fan who didnt knew who David Gilmour, Jeff Buckley and John Frusciante were.

I mean...wow.

ben

You think big-time korn fans are smart?

Azwethinkweiz

No, but man.. i was just in shock. if you havent heard of those artists then.. yeah i dunno.

fireflyry

How old was he/she?I was pretty ignorant musically for a while in my youth.Metallica, Sepultura, Deftones and Korn were pretty much the only bands I listened to for ages.

Thank god my horizons have greatly expanded since then.Still I would have known those names, even then.Other than Jeff Buckley that is but I don't think Grace was out back in my bogan days.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

333tone

I just read that they will release a new unplugged album Feb. 19. I'm really curious to listen to it, cause they covered "In Between Days" (The Cure) with Robert Smith and "Creep" by Radiohead! OMG, they'll probably fuck it up, like they did with "Another Brick InThe Wall"

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Moz La Punk

Yea I read that as well.

Crazylegs

Unplugged albums are fucking stupid

kmdeftones

I still think they have something amazing left in them...  I think they have made some mistakes (Word Up!), but I am a fan of most of their albums.  There are stellar songs on each album.  I think Issues is good, but too many interlude moments.  I actually like Untouchables; it has some great songs at the end of the disc.  The talk about how "heavy" they used to be kind of reminds me of how certain Deftones fans talk.  Lots of people miss the Adrenaline and Around the Fur era, but bands change.  Korn did, maybe just not as well as the Deftones have...  Korn are amazing live and I disagree about not putting an album out until 2 years after the last effort, I wish it didn't take bands as long as it does for follow-ups.  Usually they are so highly anticipated, you end up feeling let down after 3-5 years of waiting.  Just my opinion...
I just like the way my dick feels when I listen to certain types of sounds.  Sometimes I hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard!

Racer X

I saw that Munky has a new 8 string guitar NOT like the 8 strings Meshuggah have. Munkys has an extra high string. Plus it has a tremelo.

Does that mean anything for guitar????????? Who knows. But I'm curious to hear what he does with the guitar. Apperently Steve Vai gave it to him and has one as well.

Otherwise......still not much of a korn afficianado.

skinnypuppy

When my co-worker told me The Cure did a live mashup... my heart skipped a beat. But not in a good way. I wanted to punch someone.

Rx~Queen~lsgurl

KoRn is nice but I prefer SOAD over them anyday  ;D

my fav tracks must b: blind, pretty, need to, somebody someone, alone i break, it's on...etc

biggdude01

Quote from: Racer X on Jan 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
I saw that Munky has a new 8 string guitar NOT like the 8 strings Meshuggah have. Munkys has an extra high string. Plus it has a tremelo.

Does that mean anything for guitar????????? Who knows. But I'm curious to hear what he does with the guitar. Apperently Steve Vai gave it to him and has one as well.

Yea... but steve vai knows how to play guitar lol.... If munky concentrated more on how to actually play instead of lookin for 8 or 7 string guitars then he'd be better. Cuz hes a shit guitar player in my opinion.

yoda on mars

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 03, 2006, 12:09 PM
Quote from: deftonekid on May 02, 2006, 10:26 PM
Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on May 02, 2006, 04:52 AM
issues, that was the end of KoRn.

agreed. i like a lot their 3 first albums.

Personally, Issues was their best album, the overall sound on that was the best! Life Is Peachy for me, was crap compared to S/T, Follow The Leader and Issues!

I agree with Chrisbo. I think ISSUES was their best album. The quality of this shit was amazing at the time.

Racer X

Quote from: biggdude01 on Jan 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
Quote from: Racer X on Jan 17, 2007, 03:28 PM

Yea... but steve vai knows how to play guitar lol.... If munky concentrated more on how to actually play instead of lookin for 8 or 7 string guitars then he'd be better. Cuz hes a shit guitar player in my opinion.

Well he might with this guitar. Yea right....

He'll probably use the extra high string for more wierd sounds with FX. I wish more guitarists would try this guiatar out.

ToneDef

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 07, 2006, 09:33 PM
I just talked to a huge korn fan who didnt knew who David Gilmour, Jeff Buckley and John Frusciante were.

I mean...wow.

So what? That's a stuck up view man.

It depends who you listen to, what you do with your time and what circles you mix in. To you that person seems like a douche because you listen to those particular artists and consider them highly influential (a debatable view).. I bet that same person could name artists or similarly influential musical figures from their chosen genre of music and you wouldn't know who the fuck they were.

I only know those artists because they're namechecked in certain places.. magazines I read.. Bands I listen to.. websites I visit.. forums etc. We all take different directions man. So yeah, I think that comment was stuck up and elitist.

Sam

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 20, 2007, 08:08 AM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 07, 2006, 09:33 PM

I mean...wow.

So what? That's a stuck up view man.

and you quote a comment that's almost a year old because ?

to stir up shit ?